Cyclone Nation. A dynasty.

bbaker

Liked Posts:
iowa-state.jpg

I edited the conferences around a little. Iowa State is in the Big 10 now (as is Notre Dame). ISU is defending their National Championship from last season that was led by a defense that you could argue was the best of all time. My defense was only giving up on average 8 pts & 106 yards. I also had 9 defensive TDs, 24 team sacks, 11 INTs, 13 Fumble Recoveries.

Returning offensive star players:
QB Tiller: 3,522 yds, 33 TDs, 8 INTs; 69 carries, 421 yds, 12 Rush TDs
RB S. Johnson: 149 carries, 669 yds, 20 TDs
RB Woody: 89 carries, 500 yds, 6 TDs
RB White: 36 carries, 207 yds, 3 TDs
WR Lenz: 22 rec, 890 yds, 10 TDs
WR Bundrage: 36 rec, 810 yds, 6 TDs

Returning defensive star players:
MLB Klein: 47 total tackles, 35 solo, 2.0 sacks, 1 INT, 0 TDs
SS Washington: 39 total tkls, 33 solo, 0.0 sacks, 7 INT, 3 FF, 2 Fumble rec, 2 TDs
DT Laing: 15 total tkls, 12 solo, 5.0 sacks, 0 INTs, 2 FF, 0 TDs

2012-2013 schedule: (preseason rankings)
Aug. 25: Notre Dame W 50-14
Sept. 1: #9 Arkansas W 52-10
Sept. 8: @ #13 Washington W 45-20
Sept. 15: #11 Michigan W 55-7
Sept. 22: @ #16 Va Tech W 42-18
Sept. 29: Iowa W 45-14
Oct 6: @ Minnesota
Oct 13: @ Indiana
Oct 20: #3 Wisconsin
Oct 27: @ Illinois
Nov. 3: @ #22 Ohio State
Nov. 17: Purdue

Gameplay settings:
Heisman, 5 min, Xbox 360 on NCAA Football 12.

Hope you follow my dynasty the same as you follow Fisch's 2k12 association.

Last edited:

ChitwnRyan60452

@Chitown_Ryan
Liked Posts:
You left Indiana and Minnesota in the Big 10? Who did you take out Michigan St. and NW?

bbaker

Liked Posts:
You left Indiana and Minnesota in the Big 10? Who did you take out Michigan St. and NW?

No, they're still in there. The Big 10 now has 14 teams. I just don't play MSU, Nebraska, N'western, Cincinnati (I forgot to mention I switched them w/ Penn State) this season.

Big 10 looks like this:

Leaders:
Wisconsin
Iowa State
Ohio State
Notre Dame
Illinois
Indiana
Purdue

Legends:
Michigan
Michigan State
Cincinnati
N'western
Nebraska
Iowa
Minnesota

Last edited:

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds like you need to crank that difficulty up there a lil bit cause there is no way in hell ISU would come remotely close to getting their hands on the Crystal football.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

sorry the gaming forum is for specific game titles and discussions. this isnt a forum for just these dynastys where all the game threads get buried in a cluster of shit. if i see more and more of these threads i will merge them all into one sticky.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think everyone is gonna do it Dews. Baker has been planning this for awhile he even asked if it was ok and Fisch is doing it for fun and for 85's pleasure. No one else seems to have the motivation :lol:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where could we post these? I for one enjoy reading these because they can be interesting when they are well done.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where could we post these? I for one enjoy reading these because they can be interesting when they are well done.

oh you nancy.

leagues and redrafts etc section I would prefer.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
oh you nancy.

leagues and redrafts etc section I would prefer.

Why don't we just move them there now, and then if others wanted to do it they wouldn't clutter up HighJump's domain (which of course begs the question of whether or not HighJump is master of his domain).

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi68hPMinAI[/ame]

Last edited:

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
sorry the gaming forum is for specific game titles and discussions. this isnt a forum for just these dynastys where all the game threads get buried in a cluster of shit. if i see more and more of these threads i will merge them all into one sticky.

well ,there's alot of pointless shit that has no business being pinned.

a video game dynasty counts as a "game" in the "gaming" forum.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well we successfully cluttered baker's dynasty thread. So might as well continue the mucking up of this thread.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZI_aEalijE]The Simpsons Stonecutters Song - YouTube[/ame]

bbaker

Liked Posts:
Colorado_Iowa_St_Foot_Hodd_t_w600_h1200.jpg

The #19 Cyclones started the season off right with a 50-14 victory over unranked Notre Dame in front of a crowd of 56,760. After winning the coin toss, the Irish elected to receive 1st, but that be turn out to be costly for them. On 3rd & 1 at the ISU 37, Iowa State Senior DT Cleyon Laing leveled ND QB Tommy Rees & forced Rees to cough the ball up which was returned 63 yards for an ISU TD.

After that play, Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly ripped his QB & O-Line a new one on the sideline. According to our local lip reader coach Kelly said something along the lines of "You fat pigs, how about you ******* block someone out there?!"

It went all downhill for ND after that as they went 3-and-out on the next series which led to ISU Senior QB Jerome Tiller throwing an 80 yd TD to newly converted WR Shontrelle Johnson which put Iowa State up 14-0 with 2:42 left in the 1st Q.

The Irish didn't give up so easy though, closing the score to 28-14 at halftime, which led to a locker room meltdown for ISU coach Paul Rhodes. Players came out fired up in the 2nd half & forced 1 more fumble and an INT. After the game coach Rhodes stated he was happy with the way his defense came out in the 2nd half & expects them to play like that for the rest of the season.

The Cyclones offense was led by QB Jerome Tiller who went 16-26 for 424 yds & 5 TDs w/ 87 yds rushing on 8 scrambles. Former RB, now WR, Shontrelle Johnson had 4 catches for 140 yds & 2 TDs.

Iowa State takes on #9 Arkansas next week at Jack Trice Stadium. QB Jerome Tiller guaranteed a 4 TD win over the Hogs in the post-game press conference. Tiller also said he's on a mission to win the Heisman this season & to become the #1 draft pick in April's NFL Draft.

bbaker

Liked Posts:
cy.jpg

After staying at #19 in the USA Today rankings following last week's W over Notre Dame, the Cyclones welcomed #8 Arkansas to Jack Trice for ESPN's "Game of the Week". Before the game ESPN hottie Samantha Steele asked Coach Rhodes what he expected vs. Arkansas which led to an unusually cocky response of, "Tyler Wilson is going to wish he never stepped foot on this field. Our defense was in the film room all week watching him & the Arky offense and they are ready for whatever is thrown their way."

Coach Rhodes proved to be right as the Iowa State defense had Wilson running for his life out there. The Cyclones had 3 INTs and 7 sacks, while DT Cleyon Laing entered his name into DPOY voting with 7 tackles, 1 FF & 2.5 sacks. Arkansas QB Tyler Wilson did do some damage to the Cyclone secondary though, throwing for 288 yds on 16 for 22 passing and 1 TD.

It appeared in the 2nd Q, Arkansas was going to close the gap to 21-7, but RB Ronnie Wingo Jr ended up fumbling at the Iowa State 6, which led to a 94 yd fumble return by Junior FS Durrell Givens. The Cyclones would close out the 1st half up 35-0 after a Pick-6 by Junior DB Jacques Washington.

At the beginning of the 4th Q, with his team up 49-7, Coach Paul Rhodes decided he would give his 2nd string players some PT. Backup QB Steele Jantz went 3-5 for 37 yds and 0 TDs, while RB James White rushed 9 times for 61 yds and 0 TDs. Iowa State would end up winning 52-10.

At the post-game press conference, a reporter asked QB Jerome Tiller whether he thought his 12-26, 203 yd, 2 TD, 2 INT performance will cost him some votes in the Heisman race come December. Tiller responded with "Man, I had 1 bad game. I promise you Jerome Tiller won't play this sh*tty the rest of the season. Next question."

Iowa State travels to Seattle next week for it's 1st road game of the season to take on the #9 Washington Huskies.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I'll follow.

bbaker

Liked Posts:
woody1.jpg

The Cyclones were on the road this week vs. the #9 Washington Huskies in front of a sold-out crowd at Husky Stadium. This game proved to be the toughest game any of the ISU players had played since the 2010-2011 season, with Washington QB Keith Price & his teammates refusing to let ISU come on through Seattle & embarrass them in front of their girlfriends and family members.

With the Cyclones only taking a 21-14 lead into half, Coach Rhodes told his players to forget about the X's & O's and just let loose out there. That advice proved to be beneficial to his team as they jumped out to a 35-17 lead by the beginning of the 4th quarter. QB Jerome Tiller returned to his normal-self this week with a 378 yd, 4 TD performance in the Cyclones 45-20 W vs. the Huskies. The attention was not on Tiller following the game though; it was on Senior RB Jeff Woody who ran for 127 yds on 21 carries and had 2 TDs, a career game. When asked how he felt about finally breaking through this season, he responded with the cliche "I felt good today. My lineman did a great job blocking for me, which opened up a lot of holes for me to squeeze through. I just hope I can continue this kind of performance the rest of the season."

The #14 Cyclones go back home & host #10 Michigan next week at 7pm at Jack Trice Stadium on ABC. Coach Rhodes has asked for fans to wear as much gold as possible to the game & is dubbing Jack Trice as "The Gold Mine".