A not-so-favorable opinion about Kerry Wood

ChitwnRyan60452

@Chitown_Ryan
Liked Posts:
I mean I thought it was generally accepted that Woody was forced on Theo and Jed by Ricketts. I heard Dan Bernstein say that so it must be true. Amirite?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Where was this before the season started? I don't know of too many that were upset that he was signed, only upset that it took as long as it did to happen in the first place.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
Where was this before the season started? I don't know of too many that were upset that he was signed, only upset that it took as long as it did to happen in the first place.

I know a few fans that were pretty pissed about the whole thing, myself included. I think there is a segment of Cub fans that is pretty sick and tired of holding up Kerry Wood to a position he doesn't deserve.

The glove toss wasn't the final nail for me with him, it was more or less what happened in the aftermath of Game 7. He's acting like an entitled toolbag now, and I don't get why.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I know a few fans that were pretty pissed about the whole thing, myself included. I think there is a segment of Cub fans that is pretty sick and tired of holding up Kerry Wood to a position he doesn't deserve.

The glove toss wasn't the final nail for me with him, it was more or less what happened in the aftermath of Game 7. He's acting like an entitled toolbag now, and I don't get why.

You are the exception I feel than the rule.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
You are the exception I feel than the rule.

For sure. There's a much bigger segment that was teary eyed when they announced his comeback. I'm just trying to represent the minority, there were a few, not many, but a few that hated the signing.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was annoyed that he got so much money to just stick around and be a mascot but I didn't expect him to suck so much. Wood basically doesn't know where his pitches are going anymore.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I openly admit that I wanted Wood back, but I wanted him back because I thought he still had something in the tank. He was coming off of two solid seasons, and was paid at worst market rate for a middle reliever free agent. The fact that the wheels are coming off this season is unfortunate, and I guess Ricketts should have stuck to his word about letting his baseball people make the baseball decisions.