Youkilis to the White Sox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Honestly trading major league pieces is the only way that I see the Sox have better trade chips than the teams rumored to be interested in him. I am sure if you guys were willing to dangle some of the bullpen arms that would get the interest of the BoSox. Again the question is who gets desperate and offers what for him once he starts hitting again.

If he starts... Plus if he can't field he's a downgrade in my eyes

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he starts... Plus if he can't field he's a downgrade in my eyes

He won't be anywhere near Morel in the field, but he would certainly be better than Reynolds I would think. I doubt Youkilis is done at this point. He struggled at the start of the year but he should still be good for an 800 OPS the next few years. BTW-weren't you earlier arguing with me that Kelly Johnson was going to keep his production through age 36?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly trading major league pieces is the only way that I see the Sox have better trade chips than the teams rumored to be interested in him. I am sure if you guys were willing to dangle some of the bullpen arms that would get the interest of the BoSox. Again the question is who gets desperate and offers what for him once he starts hitting again.

Again its not going to take a lot. His value is at an all time low. I doubt they take middlebrooks out the way he is playing to showcase youk and possibly have him start slow. Sure another team can overpay, than you back off. If a team is that desperate than the can have him.

I wouldn't give them Floyd for busted broken down Youkie

We only need some one to hold it until morel returns healthy

2.5 games back from the Indians. ahead of Detroit and back at .500. Il take my chances with youk over Morel. Plus I doubt morel is back anytime soon.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Heck. There are cheaper/better options out there

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
He won't be anywhere near Morel in the field, but he would certainly be better than Reynolds I would think. I doubt Youkilis is done at this point. He struggled at the start of the year but he should still be good for an 800 OPS the next few years. BTW-weren't you earlier arguing with me that Kelly Johnson was going to keep his production through age 36?

We are talking just this year.

KJ is producing I believe

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Again its not going to take a lot. His value is at an all time low. I doubt they take middlebrooks out the way he is playing to showcase youk and possibly have him start slow. Sure another team can overpay, than you back off. If a team is that desperate than the can have him.

Cleveland is potentially that desperate team though because they've gutted their system to get the team to where it is now. The window for competing is opening this year and who knows how many chances you get at it. I agree that the price isn't going to be a top flight prospect, but I think Youk still has value especially if Boston picks up any of the tab.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

I offered McPherson and lillibridge

Call up the pads,athletics, pirates, reds, Astros, mariners, Rockies,

What about our former 3b? Can't think of his name. Got traded to kc for teahen

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
We are talking just this year.

KJ is producing I believe

We are talking about this year, and Youkilis has had 18 games this year. You really think that is enough time to know if he is done?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Isn't Youkie a fa after this year?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
We are talking about this year, and Youkilis has had 18 games this year. You really think that is enough time to know if he is done?

Bad back 3b. That is all I need to hear. His bat might comeback. But we got that with Dunn and Paulie

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I offered McPherson and lillibridge

Call up the pads,athletics, pirates, reds, Astros, mariners, Rockies,

What about our former 3b? Can't think of his name. Got traded to kc for teahen

josh fields????????????????? he hasnt played pro ball since 2010. he is in the dodgers AAA team. pass

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Weakening our defense by a lot hurts the pitchers and it's not like Youkie will get the bat back

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Josh fields. Yes I would rather have him as the stop gap. Plays way better d

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I don't want a power guy. I want an obp guy that can field

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Guys that can field and hit at 3B are super rare right now. No club is getting rid of any of those guys right now, and if they did it would cost a fair bit. The question is which flaws can you live with more. A guy with a good bat and a slightly weaker glover or a guy with a weaker bat and a good glove?

Status
Not open for further replies.