Youkilis to the White Sox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
So you're saying that you wouldn't take Youkillis with back issues over Morel with back issues? C'mon. Youk is better.

Even if the current players hit for career averages the White Sox don't win a championship. They might win the division and maybe a playoff series, but they won't win anything important. You can't say that with the current roster, the Sox are truly one of the best teams in the league.

Yes the 2005 champs slugged it out in the playoffs. :smh:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yeah they only hit the fourth most homeruns in the AL in the regular season to get to the playoffs and once there got a historic pitching performance from their staff. And they hit more homeruns than their opponent in every series.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Yeah they only hit the fourth most homeruns in the AL in the regular season to get to the playoffs and once there got a historic pitching performance from their staff. And they hit more homeruns than their opponent in every series.

So we learned dominate pitching can win playoffs and championships which is my point

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
So we learned dominate pitching can win playoffs and championships which is my point

Sure but do you really think that expecting a historic pitching performance from your starting staff is realistic? I mean what the 05 Sox pitchers did is probably the greatest collective performance in the wildcard era of the postseason, and even so they still slugged and scored runs at a better clip than this team has been doing.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Morel glove >>>> Youkie bat

If I get Youkie for free with cash yes

You severely underestimate the value of a glove

I understand how important fielding is, but I think Morel is overrated defensively.

They had a really good offense that year.

Thanks. Exactly my point.

The White Sox had good pitching and a good offense. Right now the Sox don't have that dominant pitching. They're pretty close, but they aren't a outstanding pitching staff. The only thing you gotta do in baseball is score more runs than the other team.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sure but do you really think that expecting a historic pitching performance from your starting staff is realistic? I mean what the 05 Sox pitchers did is probably the greatest collective performance in the wildcard era of the postseason, and even so they still slugged and scored runs at a better clip than this team has been doing.

The fact that all 5 of the starting pitchers had career years is something that probably won't happen ever again. And if it does happen to a team, it won't be the White Sox again.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
The fact that all 5 of the starting pitchers had career years is something that probably won't happen ever again. And if it does happen to a team, it won't be the White Sox again.

What they did in the regular season was impressive, but seriously what they did in the postseason is probably the greatest pitching performance by a staff in the wildcard era. They had what four or five complete games in a row?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you're saying that you wouldn't take Youkillis with back issues over Morel with back issues? C'mon. Youk is better.

Even if the current players hit for career averages the White Sox don't win a championship. They might win the division and maybe a playoff series, but they won't win anything important. You can't say that with the current roster, the Sox are truly one of the best teams in the league.

thats not really true. its baseball, anything goes in the playoffs.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
thats not really true. its baseball, anything goes in the playoffs.

Anything can happen, but seriously how often does the weakest team in the postseason win it all? Honestly speaking the White Sox have what the sixth most talent in the AL (I can't really place them any higher than 5th in an honest assessment of talent).

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Regular season numbers have zero bearing on post season performance

The Sox dominated with pitching twice. And two average card teams won the whole thing

Just get to the playoffs

Chicks dig wins not long balls

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I understand that anything can happen in the postseason, but I'd like to see the Sox score some more runs. There's nothing wrong with that. The pitching is good and the defense isn't terrible, so why not try and get more offense?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Ok gotta admit with josh fields we'd be in a lot better shape in tonight's game. I mean at worst we'd be losing 8-1

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
2 more hits for Middlebrooks. Why can't we draft guys like him?!

:obama:

Status
Not open for further replies.