Youkilis to the White Sox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrinderBall41

Sox/B'Hawks/Bears/Purdue
Liked Posts:
I would definitely be interested. Youk in the 2 hole would really solidify the lineup.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Phil Rogers was floating the idea of the Cubs trading Ryan Dempster for Kevin Youklis earlier this week. Which makes about zero sense for the Cubs side. I think Youklis is available, and Rogers is just speculating based on both teams in town having an offensive blackhole at the hot corner.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
what do you give up for him?

hes having a bad year and is a FA after the year

SaberSox

Ass Man
Liked Posts:
what do you give up for him?

hes having a bad year and is a FA after the year

I guess it depends on what they think the Sox can do this season. He'd definitly solidify the offense. De Aza, Youk, Dunn, PK, AJ, Rios? Shit, i'd put that shit up against DET's offense.

Thornton/Danks for Youk and prospects?

I may be fine with that. but, then again, I am drunk, so I may not be fine with it when I'm sober.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess it depends on what they think the Sox can do this season. He'd definitly solidify the offense. De Aza, Youk, Dunn, PK, AJ, Rios? Shit, i'd put that shit up against DET's offense.

Thornton/Danks for Youk and prospects?

I may be fine with that. but, then again, I am drunk, so I may not be fine with it when I'm sober.

not sure about giving them danks for a player who is having a down year, not playing, and is a FA after this year.

as far as the lineup. all day long it would compete if not better than the tigers. and if it is even, il take our SP over cleveland and detroits.

SaberSox

Ass Man
Liked Posts:
not sure about giving them danks for a player who is having a down year, not playing, and is a FA after this year.

as far as the lineup. all day long it would compete if not better than the tigers. and if it is even, il take our SP over cleveland and detroits.

Truth.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

we are obviously getting the dunn that is a fantasy players wetdream, with that you can really put the pressure on the division with a guy like youk. rios has a whole new approach, the cubans always start slow and you have peavy pitching for a contract. it only makes sense

Sent from Tbo41fans everything is lulz factory using Tapatalk

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Giving them Danks is bit extreme.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is. Also, who knows how Sale will progress through the season.

SaberSox

Ass Man
Liked Posts:
Giving them Danks is bit extreme.

Yeah, I mentioned I was drunk when I said that. :)

But, seriously though, the BoSox are going to want pitching. Who would you give up?

And this is predicated on the fact that the White Sox may contend this year, because if they think they can't, then there's no point getting Youkilis.

You don't get rid of Sale, you don't get rid of Peavy. I doubt they'd take Humber, and the Sox have no prospects to deal. That leaves Floyd & Danks. I personally think Floyd has better skills than Danks. Danks walks too many people and his K/BB is really low (not to mention his K/9 is low). But he's only 27 and still has yet to "breakout". My worry is that bird has flown.

Floyd's BB/9 is a little high, but his K/BB and K/9 are great and seems to have really good command of his pitches this year. He's 29, which means that he's getting close to that age where he's about to peak and he seems to improve each year. I think he's going to be really good for the next few years as long as he keeps himself out of his own head.

I dunno, it's a tough decision. And probably all moot anyway since I don't think Youk is old and washed-up enough yet for KW to be interested in him. :D

All I know is, De Aza, Youk, Dunn, PK, AJ, Rios, Alexei (and hopefully Viciedo, Beckham) will make for one hell of a line up.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

But, seriously though, the BoSox are going to want pitching. Who would you give up?

And this is predicated on the fact that the White Sox may contend this year, because if they think they can't, then there's no point getting Youkilis.

You don't get rid of Sale, you don't get rid of Peavy. I doubt they'd take Humber, and the Sox have no prospects to deal. That leaves Floyd & Danks. I personally think Floyd has better skills than Danks. Danks walks too many people and his K/BB is really low (not to mention his K/9 is low). But he's only 27 and still has yet to "breakout". My worry is that bird has flown.

Floyd's BB/9 is a little high, but his K/BB and K/9 are great and seems to have really good command of his pitches this year. He's 29, which means that he's getting close to that age where he's about to peak and he seems to improve each year. I think he's going to be really good for the next few years as long as he keeps himself out of his own head.

I dunno, it's a tough decision. And probably all moot anyway since I don't think Youk is old and washed-up enough yet for KW to be interested in him. :D

All I know is, De Aza, Youk, Dunn, PK, AJ, Rios, Alexei (and hopefully Viciedo, Beckham) will make for one hell of a line up.

if they are looking to deal youk they are 1) not going to fleece a team 2) not looking for this year.

for a guy like this with the year/injury and FA to be he would cost you a lot less than you think. Fans always think that a player is just going to net a ton of specs.

they need relief pitching, they need sping. ok so thornton would probably be in the deal along with molina and 2 low spects.

anyone who thinks youk nets floyd or danks is crazy. and if they trade one of those 2 for youk than i will be pissed because id rather stay as is with the pitching.

gavin floyds value is better than danks when we talk about price tags. but a game 7 playoff matchup up im throwing danks out there before "i have poopy in my pants face" out there.

SaberSox

Ass Man
Liked Posts:
gavin floyds value is better than danks when we talk about price tags. but a game 7 playoff matchup up im throwing danks out there before "i have poopy in my pants face" out there.

bwahahaha!

SaberSox

Ass Man
Liked Posts:
if they are looking to deal youk they are 1) not going to fleece a team 2) not looking for this year.

for a guy like this with the year/injury and FA to be he would cost you a lot less than you think. Fans always think that a player is just going to net a ton of specs.

they need relief pitching, they need sping. ok so thornton would probably be in the deal along with molina and 2 low spects.

anyone who thinks youk nets floyd or danks is crazy. and if they trade one of those 2 for youk than i will be pissed because id rather stay as is with the pitching.

good points

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:

Stults, Ohman, Axelrod, Thornton, Santiago. Any of them. :D

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont give a fuck if he doesnt start hitting after rehab in Pawtuckett, no reason you cant move some pieces to get Youk if the sox decide to keep viciedo in LF

Status
Not open for further replies.