Not open for further replies.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hmm. Seems like I got the trade right

Not so much...

Morel bat > Youk bat? No way.

The amount of runs that Youk adds to the offense is probably greater than the amount of runs that Morel prevents with his glove.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Not so much...

Morel bat > Youk bat? No way.

The amount of runs that Youk adds to the offense is probably greater than the amount of runs that Morel prevents with his glove.

You are speaking outside of the trade. I said good deal if they only give nothing away and get cash. And hey, they basically gave nothing away and got cash. Spot on. :smh:

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are speaking outside of the trade. I said good deal if they only give nothing away and get cash. And hey, they basically gave nothing away and got cash. Spot on. :smh:

And yet you were still against the trade. Whereas someone like me was for the trade all along and knew that the Red Sox wouldn't need much to get rid of him. I was on board all along and wanted him from the start.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
And yet you were still against the trade. Whereas someone like me was for the trade all along and knew that the Red Sox wouldn't need much to get rid of him. I was on board all along and wanted him from the start.

No, when the trade happened I was ok with it.

Said I would be all along if that is what they gave up.

Many like you were ok when Matt Thorton was in on the deal. I wasn't and I was right it was too much and they kept their best reliever.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, when the trade happened I was ok with it.

Said I would be all along if that is what they gave up.

Many like you were ok when Matt Thorton was in on the deal. I wasn't and I was right it was too much and they kept their best reliever.

That's because I realized that Youk would be the addition the Sox needed in order to get into the playoffs and giving up Thornton wouldn't be too much for that kind of offensive addition.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
That's because I realized that Youk would be the addition the Sox needed in order to get into the playoffs and giving up Thornton wouldn't be too much for that kind of offensive addition.

It would have been too much. I'm not convinced yet that our issue of winning games has been the I at 3b

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It would have been too much. I'm not convinced yet that our issue of winning games has been the I at 3b

But the offense was certainly one of the biggest issues that the Sox had to improve and 3B was holding them down. youk the best option out there for that.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Sox production from 3rd base was atrocious before Youk arrived.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
But the offense was certainly one of the biggest issues that the Sox had to improve and 3B was holding them down. youk the best option out there for that.

It was an issue but the pitching was way bigger for me

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was an issue but the pitching was way bigger for me

Ehh. Most of that is because of injury though. And there's not much you can do about that. If Danks, Humber, and Crain aren't injured, I think the pitching is good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.