1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
19-year old Gioskar Amaya just jumped from EXST to AAA Iowa... damn.

Hit .377 in Rookie Arizona League last year.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Shortstop, so he is blocked by Castro... maybe needs a position change,

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or they might actually move Castro, or they might be trying to build a trade asset. Who knows.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Seems weird that they'd rush this kid from R/EXST all the way to AAA though.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Scouts must see something they really like.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I bet this is more of a short term roster move. I highly doubt he has leaped over all the other SS's in the system, but rather I think they didn't want to move all the other SS's around for a few days when rosters normalized.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Hmm. Never heard of this. It could be as dabynsky said, but this could be a blossoming super star prospect from out of no where which will upset me as a Sox fan to no end.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Hmm. Never heard of this. It could be as dabynsky said, but this could be a blossoming super star prospect from out of no where which will upset me as a Sox fan to no end.

U jelly?

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
If it's because he is a possibly super stud. YES!!

LOL, I feel bad for the Sox, we have Castro, Rizzo, Jackson, Baez, and all you have is Addison Reed, Morel (who sucks), and Viciedo (FA soon?) as far as young-ish players. Does Flowers still count?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
LOL, I feel bad for the Sox, we have Castro, Rizzo, Jackson, Baez, and all you have is Addison Reed, Morel (who sucks), and Viciedo (FA soon?) as far as young-ish players. Does Flowers still count?

Well, we got some youngish pieces that could be something. In the majors we have Sale (who gets mis managed) and Santiago and Reed (who both get mis used). Then we have Beckham (who can't hit but is an elite fielder). WE have De Aza who can definitely be a serviceable Lead off man. We have Viciedo (who stinks right now and is under our control after his deal is done). We have Ramirez who is an upper echelon SS though being Cuban he could be 100. :)

We have Danks who has had some rough spots but I still have faith he'll be the #1 starter in more than just where he pitches for the team.

Flowers is well a hope and with AJ playing like he is, I gotta believe he's not going to be getting a shot as I think AJ might get resigned again.

That's just the majors.

In the minors it gets a lot more sparse but I am high on Nestor and think he's going to fill in for Jake Or Gavin next year just fine.

Our future is up now. If we weren't saddled with so many expensive contracts we'd have a lot more flexibility in FA. It will have to wait for now.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is possible that they think they found a stud, but I really doubt that they would jump him over all the other SS's in the system right now. My guess is there was a need in Iowa for a middle infielder (I've been bad about keeping up with Iowa with the end of the school year so I don't know if Valbuena, Tolbert, etc. are banged up or something), and instead of moving guys that they want to develop in their leagues they jumped Amaya up there. This way everyone could stay and get their playing time at appropriate level while a guy that was just in XST gets a taste of AAA. I think if any middle infielder was going to get the jump to AAA would be Baez, but again I think they don't want to mess with the development of Baez, Lake, etc. for what I am guessing is a short term need in Iowa.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
It is possible that they think they found a stud, but I really doubt that they would jump him over all the other SS's in the system right now. My guess is there was a need in Iowa for a middle infielder (I've been bad about keeping up with Iowa with the end of the school year so I don't know if Valbuena, Tolbert, etc. are banged up or something), and instead of moving guys that they want to develop in their leagues they jumped Amaya up there. This way everyone could stay and get their playing time at appropriate level while a guy that was just in XST gets a taste of AAA. I think if any middle infielder was going to get the jump to AAA would be Baez, but again I think they don't want to mess with the development of Baez, Lake, etc. for what I am guessing is a short term need in Iowa.

He's widely considered INF for now across the league. I think baseball america had him 9th on their top 20 AZ league prospects. There's not a lot out there on him, obviously, but he is an interesting name moving forward.

While Iowa doesn't have a true SS there, it is interesting the kid got the rocket seat all the way to AAA.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's widely considered INF for now across the league. I think baseball america had him 9th on their top 20 AZ league prospects. There's not a lot out there on him, obviously, but he is an interesting name moving forward.

While Iowa doesn't have a true SS there, it is interesting the kid got the rocket seat all the way to AAA.

I just have a hard time believing that this move is anything more than a temporary roster shuffling and that he really has moved ahead in terms of development guys like Baez and Lake for example.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
I just have a hard time believing that this move is anything more than a temporary roster shuffling and that he really has moved ahead in terms of development guys like Baez and Lake for example.

KG agrees with you.

Kevin Goldstein ‏ @Kevin_Goldstein
Not at all. Emergency body situation. RT @jordanmiller24: @Kevin_Goldstein How impressed should I be that Gioskar Amaya is in AAA at 19?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
DeWitt apparently cleared waivers and accepted the assignment to Iowa. I am guessing Amaya will be returned to Mesa soon.