Cubs (14-20) at St. Louis Cardinals (20-14) 5/14-5/15 Series Discussion Thread

How many games do the Cubs win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Go to the store...Sori goes yard,yet cubs lose in bottom 9...

FUCK ME

Will/can the cubs ever sweep anyone this year?:troll:

We already swept the Reds in a shortened series...

The 3 game winning streak still eludes us however...

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
i did. difference is....one team is in first place and is the defending world champs.........they are pretty good. i hate when bad teams do it as if they are good.

So it is only permissable to celebrate if your team is good :rolleyes:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
celebrating and cubs style of celebrating are 2 different things.

I think your perception of it is the thing that is different. It was a game in May and the World Series champions struggled to beat the last place team in the division. Molina was acting just as jacked as DeJesus was when he scored against the Brewers which you called him out for.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think your perception of it is the thing that is different. It was a game in May and the World Series champions struggled to beat the last place team in the division. Molina was acting just as jacked as DeJesus was when he scored against the Brewers which you called him out for.

sure its may but baseball is baseball, good teams struggle at times against bad teams. happens all the time. barely winning is still winning. 10-0 or 6-5 its a w and thats all that matters.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
sure its may but baseball is baseball, good teams struggle at times against bad teams. happens all the time. barely winning is still winning. 10-0 or 6-5 its a w and thats all that matters.

I am not debating whether the Cards are a better team or not. They are. I am not debating whether a win is a win. The Cards won today. I am just pointing out that celebrating walkoff wins is something that happens with every team, and this idea that only teams that are good should be allowed to celebrate and enjoy walk off wins is dumb.

Poll question is a good one. They ask a win against who is more meaningful? The answer for me is Cardinals, and I am hoping that the rest of Cubdom agrees. Or my faith will be shaken slightly.

Last edited:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Poll question is a good one. They ask a win against who is more meaningful? The answer for me is Cardinals, and I am hoping that the rest of Cubdom agrees. Or my faith will be shaken slightly.

67% agreed with me.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was at MON game. Great game to be at since i saw cubs win. I still pisse that they pitched to Molina in yesterday game though. he is so clutch