Kane trade article

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Wow, Steve Rosenbloom saved his worst for WGN.

There are some reasons why people want to trade Kane. A very small number of them make sense to me.

But this article was a nice, steaming pile of shit.

Bowman wants him gone? Highly doubt that. Don't forget that during Kane's rookie year, it was Stan Bowman who took Kane in and had Patrick living in the family's house. There were several stories where Stan spoke highly of Kane, particularly mentioning how well Kane had meshed with Stan's kids.

His teammates want him gone? Doubtful. I'll bet there are several players on the team who were impressed by Kane's willingness to jump into the center role when Toews went down in February, and the skills he displayed in that role. Do they think he's being a jackass? Very possible. But wanting him gone? Speculation, at best.

This reads to me like a member of the media trying to stir up some more shit. No thanks. Kane's doing a pretty good job of that by his self.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow, Steve Rosenbloom saved his worst for WGN.

There are some reasons why people want to trade Kane. A very small number of them make sense to me.

But this article was a nice, steaming pile of shit.

Bowman wants him gone? Highly doubt that. Don't forget that during Kane's rookie year, it was Stan Bowman who took Kane in and had Patrick living in the family's house. There were several stories where Stan spoke highly of Kane, particularly mentioning how well Kane had meshed with Stan's kids.

His teammates want him gone? Doubtful. I'll bet there are several players on the team who were impressed by Kane's willingness to jump into the center role when Toews went down in February, and the skills he displayed in that role. Do they think he's being a jackass? Very possible. But wanting him gone? Speculation, at best.

This reads to me like a member of the media trying to stir up some more shit. No thanks. Kane's doing a pretty good job of that by his self.

wtf?

FYI its a business, hockey that is, the blackhawks franchise. Bowman taking "him in" and him "meshing well with his kids" is 100% irrelevant when it comes to business. So to think "oh well he cant be traded because he stayed with bowman and stuffz" is fucking stupid.

so you'll bet that "several players" were impressed because he jumped into the center role? what?!?! where do you come up with this stuff????

Tazer4mvp

Liked Posts:
He makes some solid points and it hurts to say Iam a giant Kane fan...maybe it will be a wake up call for him. Wow I bet he wishes he was in finland now huh.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
wtf?

FYI its a business, hockey that is, the blackhawks franchise. Bowman taking "him in" and him "meshing well with his kids" is 100% irrelevant when it comes to business. So to think "oh well he cant be traded because he stayed with bowman and stuffz" is fucking stupid.

so you'll bet that "several players" were impressed because he jumped into the center role? what?!?! where do you come up with this stuff????

And Stan Bowman got the job solely on his own merit, right?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
which has nothing to do with your points. nice try though. A for effort.

Sigh.

You tried to say that Kane's personal relationship with the Bowmans is irrelevant because it's "100% business."

You don't think personal relationships influence personnel decisions? Mike Haviland strongly disagrees. And don't forget Dale Tallon, either.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sigh.

You tried to say that Kane's personal relationship with the Bowmans is irrelevant because it's "100% business."

You don't think personal relationships influence personnel decisions? Mike Haviland strongly disagrees. And don't forget Dale Tallon, either.

you are comparing two different scenarios completly. that is business, its cutthroat and it happened to tallon, which is business. the kane and kids garbage cannot even be close to comparable. you reached, you really reached on this one.

Tazer4mvp

Liked Posts:
They asked a guy from Philly?

Yeah, because trading away the guys on their team who had a rep for partying too much worked out soooooooo well for them.

I did think that was odd, maybe they wanted an outside source.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
lol at trading Patrick Kane.

He seems like one of the few good players on the team. :shrug: Why move him?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Its all pretty much irrelevent. Rosenbloom has always been a hack....a Verdi want-a-be who spews useless crap hoping someone notices him. We used to get the Trib....I had my wife line the bird cage with his column.

That said, I wouldnt be adverse to trading Kane...but I'd be looking for a HUGE return. At this point, not happening. Keep him, he's worth more to the Hawks than they could get back.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Its all pretty much irrelevent. Rosenbloom has always been a hack....a Verdi want-a-be who spews useless crap hoping someone notices him. We used to get the Trib....I had my wife line the bird cage with his column.

That said, I wouldnt be adverse to trading Kane...but I'd be looking for a HUGE return. At this point, not happening. Keep him, he's worth more to the Hawks than they could get back.

/thread

Status
Not open for further replies.