What Kind Of Fan Are You?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cub fans-

what is the mindset of you guys right now?

I ask because im curious of how you guys are thinking.

Are you watching games hoping for a win because you think you can win the division?

Are you watching games hoping for a win just because?

Are you watching games because you just love the cubs and baseball?

Are you watching games hoping to see promise out of some of the players?

or is it something else?

discuss

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are you watching games hoping for a win because you think you can win the division?
I don't realistic expect them to win the division or make the playoffs. I hold out that 0.00000001% chance of it happening but that is about it.

I watch because it is my team, and I will alawys watch.

See above.

Yes I am watching players as intently as the results of the team. The roster is going to change dramatically as the season goes on more than likely. Samardzija has been the most pleasant surprise to me. LaHair is a close second.

or is it something else?

discuss
I watch because I love the Cubs. They aren't a great team, but there are some players that might be making two related questions interesting. Those questions are how long will it take for this team to be competitive again and who on the roster now is going to be here and a part of that team. I don't know as if anyone knows the answer to those questions yet, and that is what I am watching to find early clues to answer those questions.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cub fans-

or is it something else?

discuss

I love baseball and the Cubs will always be my favorite team. I have to say they are playing better baseball then i ever thought. Luckly there SP has kept them in games.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't realistic expect them to win the division or make the playoffs. I hold out that 0.00000001% chance of it happening but that is about it.

I watch because it is my team, and I will alawys watch.

See above.

Yes I am watching players as intently as the results of the team. The roster is going to change dramatically as the season goes on more than likely. Samardzija has been the most pleasant surprise to me. LaHair is a close second.

I watch because I love the Cubs. They aren't a great team, but there are some players that might be making two related questions interesting. Those questions are how long will it take for this team to be competitive again and who on the roster now is going to be here and a part of that team. I don't know as if anyone knows the answer to those questions yet, and that is what I am watching to find early clues to answer those questions.

So pretty much you watch because you love the cubs and are a fan and you are being an amateur scout (fan scout) to see what they are capable of in the future and to see what they have. fair enough.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
So pretty much you watch because you love the cubs and are a fan and you are being an amateur scout (fan scout) to see what they are capable of in the future and to see what they have. fair enough.

That is a pretty fair way to sum it up. I think there are some interesting storylines developing this season even though it is most likely going to be done by early October.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I'm punishing myself for :troll:ing CCS and :cubstroll:ing the Cubs forum.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is a pretty fair way to sum it up. I think there are some interesting storylines developing this season even though it is most likely going to be done by early October.

alot of things can happen this year, alot of players who need to be showcased in their normal roles and succeed like marmol. soriano is another story...no one knows what will happen there. lahair, is he just jack cust or will he be a 30 plus guy every year or actually be dealt. garza and demp...there is a lot going on over on the northside il give ya that.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Cub fans-

We suck but never will I abandon my team.

No.

No.

No, not "just" because of that.

Hoping to see promise? No. I AM seeing promise from one young player on the team.

or is it something else?

Because I am a Cubs fan, and Stralin Castro is a fucking beast. I also like to follow Michael Bowden. Enough said.

discuss who has the bigger dick, Castro or LaHair?

Probably Castro, but I am wondering why the hell you would ask a question like this. :bizarro:

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm a big fan.

2006112014310559569.jpg

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I watch games because I love the Cubs. I'll do that until season's end regardless. When I can't watch a game on TV, I listen to the audio. I probably won't go out of my way to listen to the audio of every game when the season is dead but right now it's not dead. I'm not delusional, I put like a 3% chance on the Cubs making the playoffs, I'm just saying it's somehow a lot more fun to watch with a 3% chance than a 0% chance.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
I haven't been watching much baseball this year in general, if I watch the Cubs its because there is nothing better on. I don't wanna watch my team play like crap. I support them through and through but they give me no reason to watch them play right now. Plus the NBA playoffs are on so thats been taking most of my sports tv time up lately.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I was put on this planet to watch Cubs games with my dad so we can talk about which of their seasons have been the most depressing.

But seriously, I'm a fan. It's a fan's job to watch the games, to root for their team regardless of the circumstance. It's fun watching a team looking to retool and change their philosophy. While we don't have a cache of super high ceiling young talent, I'm excited to see just how good Starlin Castro can become at the dish (I've all but conceded that he'll always be horrific in the field). It may come off as homerism, but I think he could turn into a Derek Jeter-type player who'll routinely hit .300 and sniff 20/20 seasons. I would definitely love that for the next 10-15 seasons.

It's also nice to think about Baez, Jackson and some of our other young guys who'll be coming up in the next few seasons. Another solid draft and trading away some of our assets (Dempster, Marmol's corpse, Soto's bipolar offense, Soriano's broken legs) for some younger guys and salary relief will put us in the right direction. I've got all the faith in the world in our front office.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm watching because I love baseball. And because I want to see whether the Cubs can become the worst team ever to not get shut out in an entire season :lol:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0s3VTgrZKg&feature=player_embedded]Chicago vs. Chicago: Round 2 - YouTube[/ame]

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
in all seriousness...

When I do watch a cubs game. it is to mostly see how the younger guys are progressing (if at all) and to get a feel of the guys like samardzija and castro who will be (presumably) around the north side for years to come

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
Cub fans-

or is it something else?

discuss

There are enough interesting components to this Cubs team that I can watch without falling asleep every game. I think this has been, and will be, one of the funner Cubs seasons in recent memory because it really doesn't matter how they do this year. It's just fun to watch and enjoy the good, and the funbad.