Per everyone on Twitter. Schefter with the details:

5 year extension for LeSean McCoy for $45 million, $20.765 million guaranteed

Your move, Bears.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
McCoy's a better player than Forte, but that's the kind of contract I'd imagine the Bears would give him if he ends up staying with them.

MSOADE54

I ****ing love this chick
Donator
Liked Posts:
McCoy's a better player than Forte, but that's the kind of contract I'd imagine the Bears would give him if he ends up staying with them.

:facepalm:

No... I love you man but you are wrong here..

Forte is a stronger back then McCoy and is a better receiver then McCoy AND a better blocker.

Only thing... ONLY thing that McCoy has over Matt is Elusiveness/Quickness.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think McCoy and Forte are about the same RB wise, yea McCoy is faster or more elusive, but Forte makes up ground as a great receiver and a more effective all around.

Pay the man.

R_Mac_1

Liked Posts:
Both are very similar stats-wise, but McCoy sees the endzone far more than Forte, which is obviously the biggest knock on Matt.

Sent from my HTC Rezound on Tapatalk 2

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears cant expect Forte to take around 14-15 mil guarntee anymore. Bears prolly just be smart to keep the franchise for this year and next

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Both are very similar stats-wise, but McCoy sees the endzone far more than Forte, which is obviously the biggest knock on Matt.

Sent from my HTC Rezound on Tapatalk 2

Do the Eagles use a different back at the goalline? Asking because I don't know.

Because the Bears have done that for Forte's entire career ... which is still a "strategy" that makes no sense to me.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Do the Eagles use a different back at the goalline? Asking because I don't know.

Because the Bears have done that for Forte's entire career ... which is still a "strategy" that makes no sense to me.
I don't believe the Eagles do.

Chicago Bears at Minnesota Vikings - November 30th, 2008 - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Fair or not, I can't help but think of Forte not getting it in 2 out of 4 times on the 1 yard line in this game as a reason why he's not goal line back.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I don't believe the Eagles do.

Chicago Bears at Minnesota Vikings - November 30th, 2008 - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Fair or not, I can't help but think of Forte not getting it in 2 out of 4 times on the 1 yard line in this game as a reason why he's not goal line back.

Oh God, that game. Bears go four and out from the 1-yard line, then Berrian goes 99 yards for a score on the next play. B R U T A L. Knew the game was over right there.

If that's the reason, that's stupid. I've never bought into the philosophy that a RB can get you 99 yards, but not that last one.

I'll take a guy that has the vision, the quickness, and the balls to hit the hole hard over an alleged "short-yardage" back any day.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Oh God, that game. Bears go four and out from the 1-yard line, then Berrian goes 99 yards for a score on the next play. B R U T A L. Knew the game was over right there.

If that's the reason, that's stupid. I've never bought into the philosophy that a RB can get you 99 yards, but not that last one.

I'll take a guy that has the vision, the quickness, and the balls to hit the hole hard over an alleged "short-yardage" back any day.

That's all fine and good, but I, for one, am glad Michael Bush is on the team.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I don't that knock is fair, and I agree the Bears have silly reasoning. Heck, they signed 3 RBs in free agency the last 3 seasons. One is on his way out of the league and the other one forgot what time his flight was out of town.

I like Michael Bush, but I'm confused as to why he (and Taylor, Barber) were signed. Sure he's a good back, I think a good oline can make any back look good. Especially Matt Forte. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYkLoZW_Wkg]Matt Forte 89 Yard Touchdown Run vs Oakland Raiders 2010 - YouTube[/ame]

Granted its preseason, explosiveness doesn't have a season though.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I don't that knock is fair, and I agree the Bears have silly reasoning. Heck, they signed 3 RBs in free agency the last 3 seasons. One is on his way out of the league and the other one forgot what time his flight was out of town.

I like Michael Bush, but I'm confused as to why he (and Taylor, Barber) were signed. Sure he's a good back, I think a good oline can make any back look good. Especially Matt Forte. Matt Forte 89 Yard Touchdown Run vs Oakland Raiders 2010 - YouTube

Granted its preseason, explosiveness doesn't have a season though.

Ah, that run. Good times. I wrote an in-depth breakdown of that play for a blog I spent a week working with. Would you believe me if I told you that a block by Chris Williams changed that play from a 15/20-yard run into a TD?

I fully support the notion of having a RB to take some carries away from Forte. You don't want to run the guy into the ground in October. But let those extra RBs take an entire series. Don't just bring them in on 3rd down and short or at the goalline. I'm yet to see them be any better at short yardage than Forte.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ah, that run. Good times. I wrote an in-depth breakdown of that play for a blog I spent a week working with. Would you believe me if I told you that a block by Chris Williams changed that play from a 15/20-yard run into a TD?

I fully support the notion of having a RB to take some carries away from Forte. You don't want to run the guy into the ground in October. But let those extra RBs take an entire series. Don't just bring them in on 3rd down and short or at the goalline. I'm yet to see them be any better at short yardage than Forte.
I guess what I'm getting at is instead of spending money on oline help, the Bears under Angelo decided to spend on backup RB. That's fine, but oline helps not only the running, it also protects the Bears biggest investment.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I guess what I'm getting at is instead of spending money on oline help, the Bears under Angelo decided to spend on backup RB. That's fine, but oline helps not only the running, it also protects the Bears biggest investment.

peppers?

PremierAmp

Liked Posts:
Forte should get a contract some one around this one. But at the same time McCoy had an amazing year. I think he needs to get off his high horse.