Who is the deep threat?

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Definitely glad that I'm not the only one that misread the title.

Anyway, the real title

I saw Hester. And according do one of the beat writers Cutler said that Hester has worked the hardest so far out of all the receivers. So, I'm gonna go with Hester.

R_Mac_1

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be surprised if Jeffery is a serious deep threat in time. I read something online where this guy broke down a bunch of combine/pro day 40 times in 10 yard splits and it basically showed that although his initial burst isn't great, once he's going he's actually deceptively fast. Like, as fast or faster than some guys known as burners.

I'll try to find the link.

Here it is: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=487994

Sent from my HTC Rezound on Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

D-Fresh3

Liked Posts:
Hester is an obvious deep threat for sheer speed reasons, but we all forget what Brandon Marshall can do. Watch any of his highlights and he is a deep threat, as well as a sure handed possession guy. Jefferey's speed reminds me of Larry Fitzgerald, not speedy off the line but after ten yards and with the ball in his hands he is deceptive. Fitzy really made me reconsider his speed in the super bowl vs. Pittsburgh when he caught that 10 yard slant over the middle and burned past three defenders. I think Jefferey has that kind of speed...just my opinion though. With Hester, Marshall and Jefferey I think we have three WR's that can put the ball in for 6 at any moment of the game. No diss to Earl Bennet, but he is a possession guy, strait up.

Excited for 2012-2013, hopefully the best Bears offense of my 21-year lifespan.

D-Fresh3

Liked Posts:
For those who don't remember....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XnDrGQCMd4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XnDrGQCMd4[/ame]

Fitzgerald is/was never considered the fastest....but Sweet Jesus that boy can run!

R_Mac_1

Liked Posts:
Hester is an obvious deep threat for sheer speed reasons, but we all forget what Brandon Marshall can do. Watch any of his highlights and he is a deep threat, as well as a sure handed possession guy. Jefferey's speed reminds me of Larry Fitzgerald, not speedy off the line but after ten yards and with the ball in his hands he is deceptive. Fitzy really made me reconsider his speed in the super bowl vs. Pittsburgh when he caught that 10 yard slant over the middle and burned past three defenders. I think Jefferey has that kind of speed...just my opinion though. With Hester, Marshall and Jefferey I think we have three WR's that can put the ball in for 6 at any moment of the game. No diss to Earl Bennet, but he is a possession guy, strait up.

That's just what I was saying three posts up. If you look at his 40 times, Alshon is very fast once he's in stride. In the first ten yards he's pretty slow, but between 10 and 40 yards he's as fast as most anyone. His deceptive speed should also present a few problems for any DBs who get fooled and don't respect it.

Any lack of separation at the line should be negated by his length, strength and great hands.

Sent from my HTC Rezound on Tapatalk 2

D-Fresh3

Liked Posts:
Holy Boner and a Half Batman!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTegYX4Gro4&feature=g-vrec]Brandon Marshall & Alshon Jeffery Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

:bowrofl:

:fap:

:bro:

:umad:

If you don't think these two are gonna make a difference you can

:gtfo:

Reactions: X

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Marty Booker did something like that too in 2008.

thedude33

Liked Posts:
456676138_5864bafc5f.jpg