Official AL Central Race Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
tigers just got shut out for the first time in 158 games.

And the Sox win. Just got that game back that they lost yesterday.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"Hochshitter" with a good start today, but the Royals ended up losing.

Just thought I would point out that Hochevar had a good start and it's not like the Sox are the only team to not play well against him.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im to lazy to look it up but remember when people thought DET were not going to come back in the race. Now on July 21st just like last year they be in 1st place. DET will win the division by 7+ games again just like last year

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Yes, do you remember the ones that said they could easily and were still concerned about where their White Sox stood?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
No I don't remember who was saying that...

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, do you remember the ones that said they could easily and were still concerned about where their White Sox stood?

yep. But i remembered more where people said DET wouldnt be back in the race. Then i remember Dab and I saying that DET will win division easily still

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah. As a fan of the current leader, I'm scared shitless because every other team in the division has a legitimate shot at winning if they turn it on.

Tigers are gonna make a run for it, but right now if they keep losing it's going to make it harder for them to do. Just like the White Sox have done to themselves the past few years.

Started off shitty, so no matter what they do they can't quite get to first place, but they get close.

Tigers are gonna make it tough. Indians, too. Not gonna be easy, but right now the Sox are winning and that's all that matters.

The Indians won't keep it up. I can guarantee that. Which is why I say that making sure the Tigers drop so far that they can't comeback late in the season is the best for the Sox because the Indians will fall and then who will be in first? The White Sox.

Just some of my opinions on the Tigers earlier in the season.

Like I said in another thread, them getting so far behind has really helped the Sox. They'd be screwed if the Tigers played a little better in the first half.

The Sox can still win the division, but the Tigers are clicking right now. And the Sox frankly aren't clicking at all. They have injuries in the pitching staff and the offense is doing shit right now.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just some of my opinions on the Tigers earlier in the season.

Like I said in another thread, them getting so far behind has really helped the Sox. They'd be screwed if the Tigers played a little better in the first half.

The Sox can still win the division, but the Tigers are clicking right now. And the Sox frankly aren't clicking at all. They have injuries in the pitching staff and the offense is doing shit right now.

look at how bad we are playing since the break and how hot the tigers are, yet we are tied in the loss column.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sox lead by half game as Kitties lose 2 of 3 to Tribe.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i only look at the loss column

Sent from my Fischs grocery store using Tapatalk

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tigers haven't been good since they swept the Sox, but the Sox have. So weird. That's baseball I guess.

Funny that Tigers beat Sox, then Indians beat Tigers while Sox beat Twins, and then Twins beat Indians

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tigers haven't been good since they swept the Sox, but the Sox have. So weird. That's baseball I guess.

Funny that Tigers beat Sox, then Indians beat Tigers while Sox beat Twins, and then Twins beat Indians

like alot of us thought. detroit wont play 760 ball like they were and the sox wont play sub 500 ball like they were thats why its gonna be a race.

Sent from my Fischs grocery store using Tapatalk

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They had to know that bringing a pitcher who's only pitched NL into the AL wasn't going to have the same success. They knew that, right?

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Everything is fine, they have THE PRINCE!!!1

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Everything is fine, they have THE PRINCE!!!1

Yeah. I like how that one addition suddenly made them huge favorites to win the division. And I get that considering they won by 14 games last year, but the people who thought the Tigers would win the division by like 17 didn't consider the fact that the Indians and White Sox were both going to be better too. Didn't think about the fact that Dunn had his worst season ever and that wouldn't continue and definitely didn't foresee a big pickup like Youkilis.

I can understand why they were picked to win by that much if this is last year, but it's not last year. Analysts forget that other teams made some moves too.

Status
Not open for further replies.