Official AL Central Race Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MotorCityCub

Liked Posts:
The Tigers are a joke this year. So glad my wife and I scheduled a week long vacation following them around the Midwest this summer. Is it too late to cancel?

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
Couldnt watch today but this is just awesome!

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Tigers are a joke this year. So glad my wife and I scheduled a week long vacation following them around the Midwest this summer. Is it too late to cancel?

I usually do the same with my wife even when the sox are really bad. its nice to get out and see other parks and chat up with fans. dont cancel dude.

MotorCityCub

Liked Posts:
I usually do the same with my wife even when the sox are really bad. its nice to get out and see other parks and chat up with fans. dont cancel dude.

My bad, I couldn't find a way to show sarcasm using Tapatalk. My wife and I follow the Tigers for our anniversary every year when a road trip coincides. We're hitting Cinci next weekend then up to Chicago for the Cubs series. Six games in seven days. Last year they were home on our anniversary so we went to Gettysburg and caught an Orioles game the day we flew in and a Nationals game the day we flew out.

I'm just hoping the Tigers can be respectable. My wife is a social butterfly and you're right, meeting people is half the fun of doing road trips. If you ever make it to Comerica let me know, we have tickets and go to all Friday/Saturday games and a majority of weekday games. Once summer starts we sell all of our Sunday games, I can't take the heat.

MotorCityCub

Liked Posts:
Verlander hasn't been as dominant this year either. That's the big thing. They don't have a good rotation, but the one thing they count on is that they'll win when Verlander pitches. That's just not happening this year.

JV's actually been very good this year, just hasn't received any run support. He's gone 8 innings three times and has two losses and a no-decision to show for it. His ERA, even after giving up five runs yesterday is still 2.55. Fister had a 1.85 ERA and was winless before his last start. He tweaked his back again and is on the DL.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My bad, I couldn't find a way to show sarcasm using Tapatalk. My wife and I follow the Tigers for our anniversary every year when a road trip coincides. We're hitting Cinci next weekend then up to Chicago for the Cubs series. Six games in seven days. Last year they were home on our anniversary so we went to Gettysburg and caught an Orioles game the day we flew in and a Nationals game the day we flew out.

I'm just hoping the Tigers can be respectable. My wife is a social butterfly and you're right, meeting people is half the fun of doing road trips. If you ever make it to Comerica let me know, we have tickets and go to all Friday/Saturday games and a majority of weekday games. Once summer starts we sell all of our Sunday games, I can't take the heat.

i will for sure be up there, il hit ya up. just trying to figure out what series. plus I want to go to american jewelery :)

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure anyone has counted them out, but you need your eyes checked if you think they scare anyone.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
no one is. just stating facts. no run along and talk about farm systems and your 10 year rebuilding plan ok? thanks.
It is funny how you act in the two different forums, but thanks for permission to post in the Cubs forum. I can't wait to read more about how the Cubs celebrate a win from you.
Not sure anyone has counted them out, but you need your eyes checked if you think they scare anyone.
All right, every post you've made about the Tigers has been how awful their pitching is, but sure you aren't counting them out.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is funny how you act in the two different forums, but thanks for permission to post in the Cubs forum. I can't wait to read more about how the Cubs celebrate a win from you.

All right, every post you've made about the Tigers has been how awful their pitching is, but sure you aren't counting them out.

its funny that you only make comments that counter anything good that the sox are doing. the orioles comment, now this tigers BS. cmon now

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
its funny that you only make comments that counter anything good that the sox are doing. the orioles comment, now this tigers BS. cmon now

In reference to Sale getting 20 Ks
He certainly is on pace, but it would probably take 150 pitches for Sale to do it. It would be awesome for him to do it, but the longterm risks outweight the cool moment for him, imo.

What they did in the regular season was impressive, but seriously what they did in the postseason is probably the greatest pitching performance by a staff in the wildcard era. They had what four or five complete games in a row?

But yeah everything I post about the Sox is negative. Most of the rest of my comments are making fun of you ready to jump off the ledge at any point when things go wrong or various other snarky comments. Statements like don't count the Tigers out is about as negative as I get in this forum and certainly far tamer than what the poster that comment was directed at has posted in the Cubs forum the past several days.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
A few of us (I think Serious, Dews, and I (maybe Uman?) said that Detroit's downfall was going to be a meh rotation after Verlander. That's been the case. That mixed in with poor defense, a surprisingly somewhat lackluster offense and a surprisingly bad bullpen have forced Detroit into their predicament.

No one is writing them off, its June, plenty of baseball left. But, Joe is right, their pitching is shitty.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
JV's actually been very good this year, just hasn't received any run support. He's gone 8 innings three times and has two losses and a no-decision to show for it. His ERA, even after giving up five runs yesterday is still 2.55. Fister had a 1.85 ERA and was winless before his last start. He tweaked his back again and is on the DL.

But a 2.55 ERA is high for Verlander. Haha. Not really, but he's so good. He just isn't winning games like he was last year. That's one of the main differences that I personally see.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A few of us (I think Serious, Dews, and I (maybe Uman?) said that Detroit's downfall was going to be a meh rotation after Verlander. That's been the case. That mixed in with poor defense, a surprisingly somewhat lackluster offense and a surprisingly bad bullpen have forced Detroit into their predicament.

No one is writing them off, its June, plenty of baseball left. But, Joe is right, their pitching is shitty.

yeah that was our statement before the season started along with bad defense with miggy and fielder.

they are going to hit, but like we said earlier they are going to have to score a lot of runs. that pitching is yucky.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tigers are gonna make a run for it, but right now if they keep losing it's going to make it harder for them to do. Just like the White Sox have done to themselves the past few years.

Started off shitty, so no matter what they do they can't quite get to first place, but they get close.

Tigers are gonna make it tough. Indians, too. Not gonna be easy, but right now the Sox are winning and that's all that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.