Official AL Central Race Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's only the beginning of the year, but as the season goes on this race is going to be interesting. Indians, Sox, and Tigers all have a chance to win it.

I'll try to post the standings at least once a week or after every important series.

Standings528.jpg

Last edited:

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kitties are overrated. Said it from the beginning.

Can't win with just guys like Miggy, Moose & Verlander.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really wasnt impressed with DET after they got Prince. The glitz and glam of signing a star doesnt make you a contender. Defense is shitty in the infield, and SP blows ass.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And moving Miggy to third was a bad bad choice for them.

Didn't this same thing happen to the Tigers like 3-4 years ago? They got a bunch of free agents and then BUST.

MotorCityCub

Liked Posts:
And moving Miggy to third was a bad bad choice for them.

Didn't this same thing happen to the Tigers like 3-4 years ago? They got a bunch of free agents and then BUST.

2008 and they went and did the same damn thing this year. The top four hitters are doing well, but the bottom five are absolute garbage. In the series against Cleveland they went 3 for 28 with RISP and scored six runs. The really frustrating part is the starting pitching has been good. Today, JV went 8 innings, gave up 2 runs and took the loss. Fister has a sub 2 ERA and hasn't won a game this season.

Good thing we've met some good people who sit around us at the park, four more months of watching this garbage would be tough.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
2008 and they went and did the same damn thing this year. The top four hitters are doing well, but the bottom five are absolute garbage. In the series against Cleveland they went 3 for 28 with RISP and scored six runs. The really frustrating part is the starting pitching has been good. Today, JV went 8 innings, gave up 2 runs and took the loss. Fister has a sub 2 ERA and hasn't won a game this season.

Good thing we've met some good people who sit around us at the park, four more months of watching this garbage would be tough.

Same thing is happening to the Yankees.

The problem with the Tigers is that they have to start realizing that signing all the big free agents might work for the Yankees every once and awhile, but the Tigers aren't the Yankees. They need pitching and better defense right now.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

yeah we are in the same boat. last year we were the tigers of this year. favorites and we couldnt do anything. lots of time to turn it around though for the tigers.

valverde hasnt been what he was last year, hence why I hate closers getting big contracts.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
make things worse for the Kitties, A-Jax placed on the DL.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The best chance the Sox have is that the Tigers lose a bunch of games now and get waaaayyy behind. Then the Indians fail after the All Star break like we all know they will and the Sox step in and take the division.

MotorCityCub

Liked Posts:
For the sake of change somebody needs to lose their job. The obvious choice is Lloyd McClendon the hitting coach. The problem is the entire staff except one is made up of old Pirates to whom Leyland is loyal.

Then today Leyland gets run and McClendon takes over. The Tigers have the top of the order up in the 8th. Lead off gets on with a walk then McClendon has the team's hottest hitter, Dirks, try to bunt. He isn't a bunter, never has been, and fails miserably. Plus, if it had been successful Cleveland would have just walked Cabrera and Fielder would have GIDP.

I was against the Fielder signing from the start. First, the team was bad defensively heading into ST and then you add another below average infielder? Second, there's a real good chance his contract is going to be restrictive in the future. The owner has twice already spent big dollars and when it didn't work out he closed the purse the next couple years.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For the sake of change somebody needs to lose their job. The obvious choice is Lloyd McClendon the hitting coach. The problem is the entire staff except one is made up of old Pirates to whom Leyland is loyal.

Then today Leyland gets run and McClendon takes over. The Tigers have the top of the order up in the 8th. Lead off gets on with a walk then McClendon has the team's hottest hitter, Dirks, try to bunt. He isn't a bunter, never has been, and fails miserably. Plus, if it had been successful Cleveland would have just walked Cabrera and Fielder would have GIDP.

I was against the Fielder signing from the start. First, the team was bad defensively heading into ST and then you add another below average infielder? Second, there's a real good chance his contract is going to be restrictive in the future. The owner has twice already spent big dollars and when it didn't work out he closed the purse the next couple years.

Wasnt the whole prince thing a knee jerk reaction to vmart going down?

I would never feel comfy signing someone no matter how good they are for that type of money, soriano money or pujols money. fuck that.

I believe its win now mode for detroit.

MotorCityCub

Liked Posts:
Wasnt the whole prince thing a knee jerk reaction to vmart going down?

I would never feel comfy signing someone no matter how good they are for that type of money, soriano money or pujols money. fuck that.

I believe its win now mode for detroit.

Yep, when Martinez went down the owner, Mike Ilitch, panicked and told Dombrowski to sign Fielder no matter the cost. Ilitch did the same thing in 2008, instructing Dombrowski to put together that team.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep, when Martinez went down the owner, Mike Ilitch, panicked and told Dombrowski to sign Fielder no matter the cost. Ilitch did the same thing in 2008, instructing Dombrowski to put together that team.

I know det is in our division, but moves like that destroy franchises and the tigers are an historic franchise that i dont want to see suffer.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know det is in our division, but moves like that destroy franchises and the tigers are an historic franchise that i dont want to see suffer.

How about the Yankees? They're as historic as it comes. I'm sure many people wouldn't mind if they suffered for a few years or a decade. Heck, maybe even a century. :lol:

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets

:smh:

Live in a area surrounded by bandwagon, douchebag, Tiger fans, and report back to me.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
:smh:

Live in a area surrounded by bandwagon, douchebag, Tiger fans, and report back to me.

you have that everywhere pretty much. I think its good what they tried to do, they just dont have yankee money to make mistakes.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it's easy to hate any team that tries to buy their way to championships because most teams cant do that and I guess as a fan that makes me a little jealous.

And its just not how baseball should be done. I was never a fan of Steinbrenner because thats how he operated.

Tazer4mvp

Liked Posts:
The best chance the Sox have is that the Tigers lose a bunch of games now and get waaaayyy behind. Then the Indians fail after the All Star break like we all know they will and the Sox step in and take the division.
That's key can the Indians keep it up? The Tigers are going no place you can bet on that. It's a little to early to worry about them, we just need to take care of our biz first.

Status
Not open for further replies.