Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Vancouver is just not gonna give him away, but they will have to eat some of that money.

if i remember correctly, teams cant do that in the nhl like they do in other leagues...if you trade for someone, you take the whole cap hit

Tazer4mvp

Liked Posts:
if i remember correctly, teams cant do that in the nhl like they do in other leagues...if you trade for someone, you take the whole cap hit

You may be right, I was thinking it was.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
^^^ All correct, however that will definitely be up for discussion as Brian Burke has brought up being able to trade salary/cap hit several times over the last couple of years.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
^^^ All correct, however that will definitely be up for discussion as Brian Burke has brought up being able to trade salary/cap hit several times over the last couple of years.

good. I hope it goes through

Tazer4mvp

Liked Posts:
I know. Just wanted to post and hear what you guys would say.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Hawks want to improve the team in any other way, they won't do this.

1. They'd have to give up something pretty big and I don't know if the Hawks really need to be losing a lot right now.
2. His contract is for a reaalllly long time and quite a bit of money.
3. This gives almost no chance to get anyone else they need like a Dman or a 2nd line center.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
If the Hawks want to improve the team in any other way, they won't do this.

1. They'd have to give up something pretty big and I don't know if the Hawks really need to be losing a lot right now.
2. His contract is for a reaalllly long time and quite a bit of money.
3. This gives almost no chance to get anyone else they need like a Dman or a 2nd line center.

Like I said, the hawks would have to give up SOME salary so that it doesnt handicap them...maybe a hammer and frolik? Do you want to give Bolland to Vancouver?

it's a tricky situation

I doubt it happens

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[/B]

Like I said, the hawks would have to give up SOME salary so that it doesnt handicap them...maybe a hammer and frolik? Do you want to give Bolland to Vancouver?

it's a tricky situation

I doubt it happens

Who says that Vancouver would even want Frolik or Hammer?

It just doesn't seem realistic and as much as I'd like the goalie situation to be addressed, there are other problems and I don't want all the money spent on goalie.

Tazer4mvp

Liked Posts:
Maybe it was just the dreaded soph jinx for Crawford. If we can trade Bolland and get a solid dman, I would be happy with that. Do you guys just think Crawford can't cut it?

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:

It just doesn't seem realistic and as much as I'd like the goalie situation to be addressed, there are other problems and I don't want all the money spent on goalie.

I'd like to point out what the Blackhawks got back for Campbell...in a trade that I would still do over.

Luongo's terrible contract means that they are going to be handcuffed in possible returns.

I wouldn't trade for Luongo personally (unless the deal is really, really right) but I think they easily do a Hammer for Luongo straight up deal or one centered around Frolik + spec/draft.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats

We dont know what Vancouver would want, I was just throwing out names with guys who have salaries that would have to be moved...
I'd like to point out what the Blackhawks got back for Campbell...in a trade that I would still do over.

Luongo's terrible contract means that they are going to be handcuffed in possible returns.

I wouldn't trade for Luongo personally (unless the deal is really, really right) but I think they easily do a Hammer for Luongo straight up deal or one centered around Frolik + spec/draft

Agree...Vancouver can't ask for the moon

If vancouver came to the hawks and offered Luongo for Hammer, Morin, and a pick do you do it?

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Maybe it was just the dreaded soph jinx for Crawford. If we can trade Bolland and get a solid dman, I would be happy with that. Do you guys just think Crawford can't cut it?

I personally am a fan of crawford, but thats just my :homer: side

I think Crawford can win a cup with GOOD defense in front of him.

He is not a game stealer, he needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.