Vigneault: Luongo wants to be traded

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
We could send them Frolik, Beach, Salak

IF, and I mean IF as I am definitely talking hypothetically here, the Blackhawks were to trade for Luongo they would nee to ship Crawford off somewhere as well because his contract would be a killer in a back up role with Luongo's in town.

I don't know if the Canucks would even want Salak, they have some pretty good goalie prospects and might not want to deal with a supposed head case. Frolik + Beach might actually get the deal done though, just because the Canucks backs are against the wall.

The market will be set if more than 1 team has a legitimate interest in Luongo. The second that happens, the Canucks will pin those teams up against each other and get as much as possible for Lu.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
IF, and I mean IF as I am definitely talking hypothetically here, the Blackhawks were to trade for Luongo they would nee to ship Crawford off somewhere as well because his contract would be a killer in a back up role with Luongo's in town.

I don't know if the Canucks would even want Salak, they have some pretty good goalie prospects and might not want to deal with a supposed head case. Frolik + Beach might actually get the deal done though, just because the Canucks backs are against the wall.

The market will be set if more than 1 team has a legitimate interest in Luongo. The second that happens, the Canucks will pin those teams up against each other and get as much as possible for Lu.

flip crawf to the Leafs

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also I'm not to sure where the oilers stand in net. Dubynk there guy, maybe we could get someone for Crawford?

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I don't think it does. If it does, then please, please contract.

The league would lose the parity it has garnished if it does as well.

good point.

Id actually be ok with contraction :shrug:

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
im in shock by some of the posts in here about Luongo.

Anyway, Vancouver is NOT by any means in the driver seat here. they arent going to fleece any GM in the NHL due to his cap hit. This whole idea that it will take a lot is assinine. the only hang up is balancing the hawks budget with obtaining him. They dont HAVE to deal salary to the canucks, they just have to find a way to deal salary to other teams. Such as crawford to someone, Bolland to someone ETC.

I would prefer a tier lower defenseman than Suter in order to get a real goalie.

Dman-not in Suters Tier
2nd line center
Luongo

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
im in shock by some of the posts in here about Luongo.

Anyway, Vancouver is NOT by any means in the driver seat here. they arent going to fleece any GM in the NHL due to his cap hit. This whole idea that it will take a lot is assinine. the only hang up is balancing the hawks budget with obtaining him. They dont HAVE to deal salary to the canucks, they just have to find a way to deal salary to other teams. Such as crawford to someone, Bolland to someone ETC.

I would prefer a tier lower defenseman than Suter in order to get a real goalie.

Dman-not in Suters Tier
2nd line center
Luongo

Who said that? Most of the people here have said it wont take alot...vancouver doesnt have a leg to stand on

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
you dont like Jaeckel? He is pretty pretty descent.

i don't mind him, but I can guarantee that his next blog post will be...

My sources tell me that the Bruins and Hawks are looking into a Tim Thomas deal centering around Emery, Bolland, and Kyle Beach

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I also think that the fans that go back to the buff series and say "well he cryz and getz rattled and stuffz" should probably stop watching hockey. That is 100% meatball mentality.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i don't mind him, but I can guarantee that his next blog post will be...

My sources tell me that the Bruins and Hawks are looking into a Tim Thomas deal centering around Emery, Bolland, and Kyle Beach

JJ has more insight than all of us. I will take any resource I can get. Plus I think is fine when it comes to insider info.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Needs more of this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNn3k1KfOrs]Blackhawks Song (We love the Hawks?) - YouTube[/ame]

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
JJ has more insight than all of us. I will take any resource I can get. Plus I think is fine when it comes to insider info.

how do you know how much insight he has?

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
chicagofan

I never said it would take a lot. I just asked why would the Canucks want Frolik and Hammer? that would do no good to them.

Never said Canucks were in the drivers seat. I know that he is the one that requested the trade and that his contract is a big thing to take on, so teams aren't going to give up much and the Canucks are going to have to deal with that.

Just why Frolik and Hammer? Other than they have big contracts and the Hawks don't want them.

Status
Not open for further replies.