OT: Which MLB Franchise Has Been The Most Successful Over The Last 20 Years?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pfft, anyone can play Yankee and write checks all day.

I have to give props to the Marlins...2 titles and they didn't have to spend a dime for FA's.

That is simply not true. The 97 Marlins had the seventh highest payroll in baseball. They signed via free agency Bobby Bonilla, Moises Alou, devon White, Kevin Brown, Alex Fernadez, Al Leiter etc. They then traded them for the prospects that helped form the core of the 03 team combined with high draft picks from sucking in the years between titles. That also ignores the free agent acquistion of Ivan Rodriguez to the 03 team as well.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
That is simply not true. The 97 Marlins had the seventh highest payroll in baseball. They signed via free agency Bobby Bonilla, Moises Alou, devon White, Kevin Brown, Alex Fernadez, Al Leiter etc. They then traded them for the prospects that helped form the core of the 03 team combined with high draft picks from sucking in the years between titles. That also ignores the free agent acquistion of Ivan Rodriguez to the 03 team as well.

I'll eat the 97' posting when you admit you looked this up:bowrofl:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll eat the 97' posting when you admit you looked this up:bowrofl:

I looked up the particulars, e.g. 7th highest payroll and each particular free agent acquisition. But I thought it was pretty common knowledge that the Marlins bought the '97 team, and then sold off the pieces when the owner didn't get his way on a stadium deal. And is there something wrong with actually doing research to support one's argument?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I looked up the particulars, e.g. 7th highest payroll and each particular free agent acquisition. But I thought it was pretty common knowledge that the Marlins bought the '97 team, and then sold off the pieces when the owner didn't get his way on a stadium deal. And is there something wrong with actually doing research to support one's argument?
This type of intelligence is frowned upon here.

Just look at Sunbiz's typical postings.

Last edited:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i love your team selections on your profile! all rivals! Trolls FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Its got to be New York Yankees.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh noes! It looks like Sunbiz has wandered/stumbled into a sports forum again! And again his posting is 100% incorrect!

The Marlins are probably the worst example to give of a consistent winning team as opposed to just talking about championships. The Marlins were terribly inconsistent. In a way, they are the antithesis to what Uman85 is looking for.

You are a TERRIBLE sports poster. Keep to the off-topic forum, please.

He's terrible there too.

Have you seen his posts there?

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Oh noes! It looks like Sunbiz has wandered/stumbled into a sports forum again! And again his posting is 100% incorrect!

The Marlins are probably the worst example to give of a consistent winning team as opposed to just talking about championships. The Marlins were terribly inconsistent. In a way, they are the antithesis to what Uman85 is looking for.

You are a TERRIBLE sports poster. Keep to the off-topic forum, please.

Did that make your day?...little man.

Not only are you a buzz kill, but a fucking pussy to boot. No, I don't bother researching topics anymore, my time is better spent elsewhere. That's why I don't have 20K postings on an annual basis like half this place.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:

Not only are you a buzz kill, but a fucking pussy to boot. No, I don't bother researching topics anymore, my time is better spent elsewhere. That's why I don't have 20K postings on an annual basis like half this place.

If that is true...then why are you still here trying to countertroll someone you don't know while also emphasizing your own ignorance?

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Nobody here even has 20K postings :bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are troll rules? Are they like the Zombieland rules or the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition?

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Sorry if pointing out your retardation, pissiness, and hypocritical nature qualifies as "killing your CCS buzz". I thought your example was terrible, and I thought your trolling of dabynsky was not only unwarranted, it was also a very poor troll effort.

Troll Rule #8: Never make yourself look dumber than the person you are trolling.

No stupid, I just don't like you and your boy toy FT...period.

And while you waste yet more time responding, I'll be in the gym.

Bye

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
So, your posting stupidity is intentional, serving as a means to spite myself and FirstTimes. When you say that the Florida Marlins are the most consistent winning franchise of the last 20 years, your intent is to inflict pain on myself and FirstTimes.

Got it.

You're a quicker study than I thought.

And I am amused at the fact you and your cohort spend an inordinate amount of time doing likewise to others here.

There are plenty of articles written in local tabloids that are either initially or eventually proven "wrong".

Yet the pair of you are fixated on who is wrong/right here as though it is our jobs to be somehow be correct in your eyes.

Need I continue?, all I'm doing is tossing your shit back over the fence.