Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wanted him... but he just had a pretty pathetic post-season. I didn't like what I saw from him at all. I still think he's better than Boozer.. but what will LA want for him? Most likely Deng + a bench player... most likely either Brewer or Korver because they need to make salaries match.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
gasol to bulls is just not gonna happen....i can see us gettin dwight before gasol

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Gasol for Boozer, Korver's expiring and Butler. Sure, why not.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Gasol for Boozer, Korver's expiring and Butler. Sure, why not.

Nah, I don't wanna include Korver. He has ups and downs, but he's the best pure-shooter on the team...we sort of need him, or someone like him.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Lol at saying no to Gasol...for Kyle Korver.

Gasol would be an ideal number 2 option. He can play on both ends and his style compliments Noah well.

By the way...Gasol has had bad postseasons for a couple of reasons. One is Kobe, the other is the Lakers front office. I think he is a very sensitive person. He resents being traded by the front office...and Kobe throwing him under the bus...not good. Sometimes Kobe wants to be Jordan so bad, he misses the boat. Jordan had Pippen to be "good cop"...there is no one to do that now that Fisher is gone.

Gasol wants out. He would be a nice fit....Boozer and Korver for Gasol? Easy decision to make if you ask me.

Tazer4mvp

Liked Posts:
Atleast gasol can play defense, boozer can't guard a chair.

bbaker

Liked Posts:
I'll take Gasol for the next couple of years I guess. Anyone but Boozer.

I'd really like Chicago to get Demarcus Cousins somehow, even though he has serious attitude problems & his off the court demeanor scares me, he could be a nice physical addition down low.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Replace Boozer with Pau? Yes please.

We wouldn't lose a thing by giving up Boozer, Korver, and whoever else they want to throw in there. Pau is a legit scoring option in the paint. Someone who can compliment both Rose and Noah very well. I don't care if you think he had a bad postseason, his numbers are about the same as Boozer's. But we all know Pau is a much better player.

Get it done GarPax...now.

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
The Lakers had a bad season/postseason and this team in no longer a championship caliber team. One big reason why this happened is that Kobe stopped wasting his energy in defense in a stupid attempt to prove people that he can still score and be dominant in this age just like Mike. An other good reason was that Gasol is older,slower and weaker.

But I can't get how Kobe is the guy to blame for Gasol's age and body. Because imo that's the reason why Gasol had a bad season and he will have even worse seasons in the next years. That doesn't mean he will be worse than Boozer so I wouldn't mind seeing Gasol as a Bull but I would prefer a PF who can be aggressive and dunk.

What I don't like in this trade:
1. His contract. We already have problems now. Adding a 32 years old 20M contract can't be considered a smart move.
2. We already need more shooters in the team, if we lose more than one of the good shooters we have (Deng,Korver,Watson) we will have problems next year in our outside scoring.
3. His character. He is an egomaniac diva(that's why he matched well with Kobe) and I don't know if this guy can accept the role of a no2 option with Rose being the no1 option.

So my final thought is that if we trade him we must trade him by our own rules and not by the Lakers rules. Boozer+Brewer for Gasol? OK give me that. You want something more? I can give you a second round pick too but I am sorry that's all I can give. Are you interested? No? Bye.

Last edited:

Bear06

Liked Posts:
Lol at saying no to Gasol...for Kyle Korver.

Gasol would be an ideal number 2 option. He can play on both ends and his style compliments Noah well.

By the way...Gasol has had bad postseasons for a couple of reasons. One is Kobe, the other is the Lakers front office. I think he is a very sensitive person. He resents being traded by the front office...and Kobe throwing him under the bus...not good. Sometimes Kobe wants to be Jordan so bad, he misses the boat. Jordan had Pippen to be "good cop"...there is no one to do that now that Fisher is gone.

Gasol wants out. He would be a nice fit....Boozer and Korver for Gasol? Easy decision to make if you ask me.

Well said sir! But in order to get Gasol the Bulls need to find a way to get rid of Boozer because I don't think the Lakers are stupid enough to want Boozer.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
I say trade for both Gasol and Kobe.
After that sign Odem.

Lakers reunion in Chicago? :dunno:

Lamar Odem
Pau Gasol
Joakim Noah
Kobe Bryant
Andre Miller-Rose
Also sign Andre Miller to start until Rose comes back...

Undefeated next season. :beerbang:

Last edited:

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Boozer and anyone not named Rose, Deng, Noah and Taj.

Heisenberg

Run
Donator
Liked Posts:
Boozer and anyone not named Rose, Deng, Noah and Taj.

If this trade is to happen, the Lakers will want Deng.

Sam Smith said it in his article.

Forget Carlos Boozer. The Lakers have zero interest and would take Lamar Odom back before taking on Boozer’s $47 million remaining. Or maybe Smush Parker.

The issue is what it would take given Gasol’s $18 million salary. Obviously Deng, who makes about $12 million. Yes, the Lakers probably would love to also have Richard Hamilton to make the deal work as their bench is so weak and he is a longtime competitor of Bryant from their Philadelphia prep days.

Could Chicago be Gasol

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

As he was playing poorly, this is what me and my brother were talking about. "Maybe he's playing bad because he doesn't feel like the Lakers want him and/or because Kobe is being too hard on him." That may have been true, may not have. If it was, fine. But there's also a downside to that. If a guy starts playing poorly because he doesn't feel wanted or because the leader of the team is too hard on him, what does that say about him?

I'd still take him over Boozer any day of the week.. but I just didn't like the way he showed up to the post-season this year.

If it was this deal, I'd do it in a heart beat as well. But there's no way the Lakers would want a Boozer for Gasol oriented deal.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Some of the stuff I read on this thread...patently ridiculous.

Gasol is a better player than anybody on the frontcourt! He is a better player than Deng, he is a better player than Taj friggin Gibson!

This stuff about his attitude, wear and tear on his body...stuff grabbed out of thin air...makes no sense.

You overvalue Bulls players? Get used to losing. Get used to it. Absolutely right, the Lakers will not take Boozer. Who is NOT the worse player on the Bulls roster. The Bulls are not a championship team. Rose can't do it by himself, and Deng isn't going to help him on that level.

The Bulls are MORE THAN INCLINED to deal Deng. They have tried to several times over the last few years. If the Lakers want Deng and parts for Gasol...do it. If the Bulls want to win now...they have to improve their roster now. If Deng is the second guy...you are not winning titles. You have to have a solid core to build around. The Bulls don't have that and the front office knows it. Look at OKC, Miami, San Antonio...they have solid championship core players. They know who they are building around for years to come...how the heck do you expect to win a title with Rose alone? It has never happened before...and very likely it wouldn't have happened this year.

Good grief...you don't want Howard, Melo, don't even want Lebron....but you want rings? Lol...pure madness. There is only one guy on the Bulls roster that is not going to be traded...and he may not be the same player again. It's like people want to turn the Bulls into the Chicago Cubs...I am not interested in lovable losers...

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bulls lose Taj Gibson and eventually Deng to free agency...willingly...to build around Rose long term.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I see us losing guys in free agency more out of the fact that the front office probably ties us up with a bunch of crappy deals that we can't afford to keep these guys without going into the oh so dreaded luxury tax rather than trying to shed salary to acquire better talent. Bulls FO vastly overrates their own talent too.