Anyone hearing anything about this kid Chris Summers?

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was invited to camp, he's big 6'4" 215lbs, someone on another board mentioned him making a "splash" at the OTA's. I know it is waaaaaay early to projecting anything, just more or less curious if anyone has heard anything in the Chicago land area about him?

Edit: Yea sorry, he's a Wr, lead Liberty in receptions all time in a single season, was in for the Payton Award last year, but I don't believe he won it. Was something like 3d among all college Wr's in receptions last year, former QB.

Last edited:

Gravis

Bears/Bulls/Hawks by 400
Liked Posts:
I've found very little on him other than what you've just said, though one site had him posted at 6'5". Either way, he might be a great developmental project.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Enter latest in long line of tall WR's that Bears bring in that won't do shit.

Who here remembers Marcus Monk?

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
How about the tall POS I was trolling the board last year about? Some douche from UTEP?
Kris Adams :fist:

Still haven't burned CCS to the ground yet :oj:

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
How about the tall POS I was trolling the board last year about? Some douche from UTEP?

Kris Adams?

He's gonna be good though...the Vikings swiped him in fine fashon and put him on their practice squad:woot:

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Brandon Rideau anyone?

He was my "if they just give him a chance" guilty pleasure

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Enter latest in long line of tall WR's that Bears bring in that won't do shit.

Don't disrespect the man who after drafted, went back to college to play Basketball and shut down Blake Griffin in a game.. then was cut shortly after when they were still concerned about his eligibility since he had left for the NFL.

I really don't care about how the guy looks until training camp. If he has more skill than Devin Thomas and Sanz.. which shouldn't be that hard, then he'll be interesting and if he plays special teams he could make the squad. For now, sounds like a guy who at best may be good enough for the practice squad.

Didn't Andy Fauntuz look good in shorts last summer? You can't even start comparing him to Rideau or Hass yet.. he's not event to that level until he makes some in tight space catches in pre-season where he gets no separation from 3rd stringers who get cut.

Kansacity88

Liked Posts:

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth!

eck01.gif

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Awe, Marcus Monk had a huge upside, just had a bad wheel. For a 7th round pick, its a bit of a crap shoot anyway, worth the shot.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't disrespect the man who after drafted, went back to college to play Basketball and shut down Blake Griffin in a game.. then was cut shortly after when they were still concerned about his eligibility since he had left for the NFL.

Actually I will do just that.

He sucked.