My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I never said kane was better than stamkos...never

Im saying they are both primarily offensive players with little defensive play.

Yet stamkos is considered "elite" and kane is not :dunno:

Sent via Tapatalk on Droid RAZR MAXX

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I never said kane was better than stamkos...never

Im saying they are both primarily offensive players with little defensive play.

Yet stamkos is considered "elite" and kane is not :dunno:

The reason Stamkos is elite is because he's had three 90+ point seasons and he just led the NHL with 60 goals.

Kane's numbers weren't that good this year, so he's not "elite" right now. He was in 09-10. Borderline the year after. Not on the list this season.

But he's got the talent to be back there in 2013.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh some of you and your titles. "Elite" means nothing.

Potential considered or not, where are the Hawks without Kane?

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ok, Im a guy thats seen a whole lot of Roenick and Savard....would've been more but there were no home games on TV when they played. I can tell you for a fact that Kane is not a better player than either one although he does a couple things better than both of them. Better passer than either one and has better hands although its real close with Savy. While we think of Kane as a speed player, he's really not...or at least not fast enough. While Roenick had size and speed going for him, Savard was even smaller than Kane is but his elite speed and shiftiness combined with his skill set made him a gamebreaker. Kane will never be a Savard but he could become a more skilled Roenick by hitting the weights and bulking up a bit. Right now his size is a detriment which his speed cant overcome....might be because the league overall is faster but regardless, its something thats holding him back. He needs to get bigger and stronger to compensate.

Now onto Stamkos. While his numbers indicate he's a beast of a player, I would need to actually see a larger sampling of his play. I mean how many games do we see him play? Not many, you catch his highlights....but by definition, thats what they are...highlights, not lowlights. Unless, you buy the NHL Package you might see 2 or 3 of his games a year. Personally, I need to see more before I crown him the new Mr. Hockey.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, only 179 career goals already & we need to see more. :rofl:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, only 179 career goals already & we need to see more. :rofl:

Ok, I understand. I realize reading comprehension can be difficult for some. But in the Stamkos paragraph, there are 4 "I"s and zero "we"s. No one can be THAT dense. In short, I could care less what you or anybody else thinks or how many goals he's scored. I think Ive seen him play maybe 4 times...not enough to say he's God's gift to the NHL.

"I"would like to actually watch him play more games before he's fitted for the NHL Hall of Fame.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Ok, I understand. I realize reading comprehension can be difficult for some. But in the Stamkos paragraph, there are 4 "I"s and zero "we"s. No one can be THAT dense. In short, I could care less what you or anybody else thinks or how many goals he's scored. I think Ive seen him play maybe 4 times...not enough to say he's God's gift to the NHL.

"I"would like to actually watch him play more games before he's fitted for the NHL Hall of Fame.

Dont worry...capt serious has a history of poor reading comprehension

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

We get it. Do you honestly "need to watch him play" yourself before you can decide? really? The numbers dont lie.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I guess I feel the same about trading Kane as Starlin Castro. I'd hate for either of those two to bite their first team in the the end by not getting enough.

At the same time, there has to be a point where Kane's and Castro's potential has to subside and that we know who they are. I think we know who Kane is now. Will he score more points, maybe?

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Unless you absolutely (pardon the offensive language) rape a team for nhl players/prospects you dont trade kane

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I guess I feel the same about trading Kane as Starlin Castro. I'd hate for either of those two to bite their first team in the the end by not getting enough.

At the same time, there has to be a point where Kane's and Castro's potential has to subside and that we know who they are. I think we know who Kane is now. Will he score more points, maybe?

I don't think we know who Kane is, actually. Is he the kid that tore up the league in 2010 or is he the good but not great player we saw in 2012?

Serious question, though: how much do you think that wrist surgery just before preseason affected him in 2012?

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I don't think we know who Kane is, actually. Is he the kid that tore up the league in 2010 or is he the good but not great player we saw in 2012?

Serious question, though: how much do you think that wrist surgery just before preseason affected him in 2012?

I think it did some, but he looked very lazy alot...that isnt wrist problems

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Fwiw, during the year the Hawks won the draft lottery, even then they were saying it would have been better to have won it the year after ( aka - Stamkos) ... otoh- I will keep 2010, thank you very much...

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Fwiw, during the year the Hawks won the draft lottery, even then they were saying it would have been better to have won it the year after ( aka - Stamkos) ... otoh- I will keep 2010, thank you very much...

Yeah, if 2010 didnt happen, it would be worse

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Oh hell yeah, SC. Its all we got to hang our hats on these days...the ONLY thing we have on the Canucks. These first round exits are starting to get old, real fast. Particularly ones like last year where they were embarrassing to watch.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Oh hell yeah, SC. Its all we got to hang our hats on these days...the ONLY thing we have on the Canucks. These first round exits are starting to get old, real fast. Particularly ones like last year where they were embarrassing to watch.

Man, if only the Hawks had won that President's Trophy like the Canucks did ....

Status
Not open for further replies.