Patrick Kane And His Partying Ways Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fwiw, during the year the Hawks won the draft lottery, even then they were saying it would have been better to have won it the year after ( aka - Stamkos) ... otoh- I will keep 2010, thank you very much...
and Stammer is still a better hockey player than Kane.

Last edited:

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats

oh really?

u94fq.jpg

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:

Sure, no argument there - but it is a team game -so stats only go so far.

__

On another note ... First Round Exits? You guys were around for the 2000's? Making the playoffs used to be out of the question.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Sure, no argument there - but it is a team game -so stats only go so far.

__

On another note ... First Round Exits? You guys were around for the 2000's? Making the playoffs used to be out of the question.
To me, winning the Cup in 2010 makes the standards so much higher. First round exits two years running are OK, but they have fallen far short, particularly this past season.

I expect this team to win a series in the playoffs, and this past season they looked like they were sleepwalking against the Coyotes.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
back to the normal wrigleyfirehawks. awesome.

Sent from my Asshole using Tapatalk

:rolleyes: I just don't see why he keeps pointing out the obvious even after we explained that nobody compared the two players...

Not like I'm saying anything derogatory.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
To me, winning the Cup in 2010 makes the standards so much higher. First round exits two years running are OK, but they have fallen far short, particularly this past season.

I expect this team to win a series in the playoffs, and this past season they looked like they were sleepwalking against the Coyotes.

However, in this last season's case- I'd say that 'sleepwalking' was actually pretty indicative of how the Hawks were playing in the latter part of the regular season. They literally had no powerplay it was statistically that bad - and if/when the penalty-killing gives out - then that left basically no leeway. Teams can sort of get away with that sort of thing when you have a limited amount of overtime play (even if it is fake 4 on 4 OT play -as opposed to regular old 5 on 5s) .... then go to a shootout -- you can't when you have to play the same style (5 on 5 -at full strength) until someone scores.

My only point is, that this last season's flop -there was writing on the wall for that one. Taking the Canucks to 7 games the previous season ... that one was a little interesting -as with the personnel that the Hawks were forced to play there wasn't any reason to expect that series to have been decided in OT of game 7 (of course -I suppose it was still the Canucks- the NHL's answer to the Montreal Expos of the 80's -- good looking on paper- but consistently under-performs when it matters.

Last edited:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

Sleep-walking through a series that had 4 OT games? Yeah, sure.

They definitely weren't trying when they scored all those goals in the final seconds to force OT, too.

Just because they lost doesn't mean they were "sleep-walking."

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
However, in this last season's case- I'd say that 'sleepwalking' was actually pretty indicative of how the Hawks were playing in the latter part of the regular season. They literally had no powerplay it was statistically that bad - and if/when the penalty-killing gives out - then that left basically no leeway. Teams can sort of get away with that sort of thing when you have a limited amount of overtime play (even if it is fake 4 on 4 OT play -as opposed to regular old 5 on 5s) .... then go to a shootout -- you can't when you have to play the same style (5 on 5 -at full strength) until someone scores.

My only point is, that this last season's flop -there was writing on the wall for that one. Taking the Canucks to 7 games the previous season ... that one was a little interesting -as with the personnel that the Hawks were forced to play there wasn't any reason to expect that series to have been decided in OT of game 7 (of course -I suppose it was still the Canucks- the NHL's answer to the Montreal Expos of the 80's -- good looking on paper- but consistently under-performs when it matters.

I don't think anyone's going to call this past season anything other than a disappointment. Like you said, the 2010-11 season was going to be rough because of the cap situation. This last year, though, they had plenty of cap flexibility after the Campbell trade and failed to use it well.

But forgive me if I'm not completely outraged after one bad season. They've built up some patience in me with the previous five years ... but that's just my view. One more first-round exit (or worse) would turn that around pretty quickly.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sleep-walking through a series that had 4 OT games? Yeah, sure.

They definitely weren't trying when they scored all those goals in the final seconds to force OT, too.

Just because they lost doesn't mean they were "sleep-walking."
So the Blackhawks gave it their all in game 6 when their backs were against the wall?

I know there's no way to measure firez and passionz and stuffz. I think there is a need for that on every team. I didn't see a want from the Blackhawks this season, especially after Hossa went down. I'm not saying they should have steamrolled Phoenix, I expected them to win a game after that anyways and push it to 7.

Either I'm overestimating the Blackhawks talent or I'm underestimating Phoenix's talent, but I thought that series should have been done in 5 for the Blackhawks.

I expect more from this team. I expect a Stanley Cup contender. People say any team can win the Cup, and it proved true this year with an 8 seed winning it all. I just don't buy the "be satisfied we made the playoffs" argument. With as much "talent" as the Blackhawks have, I don't think any fan should be satisfied with just a playoff berth two years running.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
I did get to see game 6 ( a home game too mind you for Chicago) ... and, lets just say it wasn't that good of a game for the guys --- I guess they were worried about getting some quality tee times.

I do know what you are saying, though DMelt ... and yes I agree there was cap flexibility - and that one ("the grit plan") -that one is entirely on Stan the Man ... as will be whatever this offseason turns out to be ( hopefully better - but on the other hand - he has had a tendency to talk -and then never actually act ... "well we didn't get everything we wanted in the offseason -but trust me, wait til the trade deadline ... oooh we have money ... well, we just didn't want to make trades -and here's our prize acquisition - Oduya (considering the real problem areas- a guy who couldn't make an impact unless he was a 6 pack of Bobby Orr Clones come to replace the entire defense pairings of the team - so - no, I have no confidence in Stan the Man and will wait for him to hopefully prove me wrong ...

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
So the Blackhawks gave it their all in game 6 when their backs were against the wall?

I assume you meant Game 5. And do you remember how they completely dominated play in the 1st period of that game? Just couldn't score because they didn't shoot high. They fell apart in the 3rd. That's the only time I saw them not "want" it.

I know there's no way to measure firez and passionz and stuffz. I think there is a need for that on every team. I didn't see a want from the Blackhawks this season, especially after Hossa went down. I'm not saying they should have steamrolled Phoenix, I expected them to win a game after that anyways and push it to 7.

Either I'm overestimating the Blackhawks talent or I'm underestimating Phoenix's talent, but I thought that series should have been done in 5 for the Blackhawks.

I expect more from this team. I expect a Stanley Cup contender. People say any team can win the Cup, and it proved true this year with an 8 seed winning it all. I just don't buy the "be satisfied we made the playoffs" argument. With as much "talent" as the Blackhawks have, I don't think any fan should be satisfied with just a playoff berth two years running.

I don't think anyone is. I just said I'm disappointed. But I'm not calling for everyone's head just yet.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I did get to see game 6 ( a home game too mind you for Chicago) ... and, lets just say it wasn't that good of a game for the guys --- I guess they were worried about getting some quality tee times.

I do know what you are saying, though DMelt ... and yes I agree there was cap flexibility - and that one ("the grit plan") -that one is entirely on Stan the Man ... as will be whatever this offseason turns out to be ( hopefully better - but on the other hand - he has had a tendency to talk -and then never actually act ... "well we didn't get everything we wanted in the offseason -but trust me, wait til the trade deadline ... oooh we have money ... well, we just didn't want to make trades -and here's our prize acquisition - Oduya (considering the real problem areas- a guy who couldn't make an impact unless he was a 6 pack of Bobby Orr Clones come to replace the entire defense pairings of the team - so - no, I have no confidence in Stan the Man and will wait for him to hopefully prove me wrong ...

A very good point. I don't think you have to build your entire Cup-contending roster in the offseason. In fact, it's very hard to do, because not every player you want/need is available in the summer months.

But making trades during the season can make or break your squad. That's why I've never thought it was fair to completely assess a team's moves until after the season is over. You don't know what's going to happen during the season. Just ask the LA Kings.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

never knew Dews Jr posted here. :troll:

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
The Hawks weren't sleepwalking, in fact I'm pretty sure we had a size able lead in shots on goal 5 or 6 games that series.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Hawks weren't sleepwalking, in fact I'm pretty sure we had a size able lead in shots on goal 5 or 6 games that series.
OK, if the Blackhawks weren't sleepwalking in the series, why did they lose?

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
OK, if the Blackhawks weren't sleepwalking in the series, why did they lose?

We outshot them every game, we weren't sleepwalking. And that is terrible logic... guess the Predators, Canucks, Sharks, and Flyers were all sleepwalking too because we beat them. :rolleyes: And we went to 4 or 5 OT games in the series too...

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We outshot them every game, we weren't sleepwalking. And that is terrible logic... guess the Predators, Canucks, Sharks, and Flyers were all sleepwalking too because we beat them. :rolleyes: And we went to 4 or 5 OT games in the series too...
You didn't answer my question.

Why did the Blackhawks lose to the Coyotes?

I don't believe it was because of lack of talent.

That's why I say they were sleepwalking...the Coyotes should have never forced the Blackhawks to that many OTs.

Status
Not open for further replies.