Yankees Eyeing Matt Garza

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you know how to not post pointless posts? A smiley is so stupid and needs words. I'd rather keep Garza than take a offer under-value, that's all I'm saying.

It's fine to keep him and he'll help for the future.

thats all he does when he has different opinion then you :yep:

Only way Cubs will deal Garza is if they get what they want. I still think getting all 3 pitchers would be overpay and dont see NYY doing that. Now i could see Cubs asking for the 2 pitching specs and a low A player. Hughes dont fit what Cubs are looking for. They want guys under control past 2014 season since thats when there windo will start

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the Yanks are the best fit for Garza. Also, think their the likely destination. I would say Detroit is, but if they don't pick it up soon, they will not pay for Garza.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the Yanks are the best fit for Garza. Also, think their the likely destination. I would say Detroit is, but if they don't pick it up soon, they will not pay for Garza.

i have read and heard on MLBN today that DET feels that there young SP Crosby and Turner will do. They dont fell they need to jump for a SP. Yanks make alot of sense for Garza. There always seems to be surprise team though so hopefully they overpay to keep him away from NYY. I was against trading him beginning of year but after watching this team i realize they need alot of help. So getting 3-4 guys is much needed

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Waldo, you got an :obama: because you were being Special person. I say you won't get that deal and then you say not to trade him if it is for anything less. Forget Hughes, you are talking about 2 of the Top Prospects in the entire league. It is the equivalent of trading Rizzo and Baez for Garza and then throwing in a major league arm as well. (Rizzo was ranked a lot lower than Banuelos heading into the season, but now is supposed to be #20 where Banuelos is #19 and Baez in 61 and Betances is 63). It is an overpay. And don't even mention Middlebrooks like what just showed up on Hot Stove Cubbies' twitter, since I know you love that site's Special person opinions.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Screw it.

Garza for Granderson, Texiera, Jeter, Cano, A-Rod, Sabathia, Swisher, and Gardner.

Get it done Theo.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Waldo and jntg, and whoever else, take your squabbling to PMs please.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Waldo and jntg, and whoever else, take your squabbling to PMs please.

Come on Rice, he needs to understand how dumb he sounds when he wants Banuelos, Betances, and Huges and then says Middlebrooks would need to be in the deal too.

Well Middlebrooks post is gone now I guess. :shifty:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Come on Rice, he needs to understand how dumb he sounds when he wants Banuelos, Betances, and Huges and then says Middlebrooks would need to be in the deal too.

That's where you start the negotiations. Then NYY and BOS laugh at you and you go down a step. It's the way it is.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
That's where you start the negotiations. Then NYY and BOS laugh at you and you go down a step. It's the way it is.

He's talking about the actual final deal and not to do it if you get anything less though.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's talking about the actual final deal and not to do it if you get anything less though.

Garza's not worth that much. Unless you extend him you have a couple choices:

1. Trade him for mid- to top-tier prospects (there are some articles on that but I'm too lazy to look, but he's worth like a top 50 prospect or a couple of 51-100 prospects and not much more)

2. Keep him through his arbitration years and then offer him one last arb deal before he leaves to snag that comp pick.

They have to put out feelers. That's every GM's due diligence. It doesn't mean they're going to trade him just for shits and giggles. Garza is also one year older and more expensive which reduces a trade return. It doesn't mean he won't bring something useful back, but even the Yankees and Red Sox won't break the bank prospect-wise to acquire him. I think your expectations have to be more reasonable.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Garza's not worth that much. Unless you extend him you have a couple choices:

1. Trade him for mid- to top-tier prospects (there are some articles on that but I'm too lazy to look, but he's worth like a top 50 prospect or a couple of 51-100 prospects and not much more)

2. Keep him through his arbitration years and then offer him one last arb deal before he leaves to snag that comp pick.

They have to put out feelers. That's every GM's due diligence. It doesn't mean they're going to trade him just for shits and giggles. Garza is also one year older and more expensive which reduces a trade return. It doesn't mean he won't bring something useful back, but even the Yankees and Red Sox won't break the bank prospect-wise to acquire him. I think your expectations have to be more reasonable.

You quoted me, but I assume "your" means Waldo?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
atleast i say positive things here and there about the cubs in your little forum. you come in to the sox forum and not say a word that is good about the sox except your lil sale comment.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
atleast i say positive things here and there about the cubs in your little forum. you come in to the sox forum and not say a word that is good about the sox except your lil sale comment.

The negative things I said about the Sox was actually about other teams. I pointed out that the Orioles were leading the division when the Sox first got the lead in the division and I basically said don't count the Tigers out. I didn't post one word about the Sox dropping out of first place, but whatever Dews it is fine that Sox fans :troll: here pretty consistently and Cubs fans aren't allowed to say anything negative about the Sox in the Sox forum.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The negative things I said about the Sox was actually about other teams. I pointed out that the Orioles were leading the division when the Sox first got the lead in the division and I basically said don't count the Tigers out. I didn't post one word about the Sox dropping out of first place, but whatever Dews it is fine that Sox fans :troll: here pretty consistently and Cubs fans aren't allowed to say anything negative about the Sox in the Sox forum.

but you guys do it anyway. not specifically you but there are a handful of assbags that come in there and make their stupid comments and than never comeback to debate their remarks. the only real troll is me, the other one that does it too is serious at times.

settle.down.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
but you guys do it anyway. not specifically you but there are a handful of assbags that come in there and make their stupid comments and than never comeback to debate their remarks. the only real troll is me, the other one that does it too is serious at times.

settle.down.

I am calm. I was just pointing out the inconsistency given my don't count the Tigers out comment got a go back to your forum and talk about the rebuilding plan comment and then this stuff.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am calm. I was just pointing out the inconsistency given my don't count the Tigers out comment got a go back to your forum and talk about the rebuilding plan comment and then this stuff.

thats whats bugging you?

you talk about me not getting sarcasm.