Around the NHL (Off-Season Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Post any type of deals or trades in the NHL.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Via Bob McKenzei

PIT acquires right to Tomas Vokoun from WSH for 7th rd pick. Which suggests Vokoun's new contract in PIT is likely done or will be shortly.

Vokoun has agreed to terms on a two year deal with PIT.

Vokoun gets $2M per year on the two year deal.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
^^^ Whoa, great deal for the Penguins.

What the hell is up with Vokoun just pissing money away with his last two contracts?

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Sami Lepisto signs wityh Lokomotiv in KHL

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
James Mirtle via twitter:
Vokoun had permission to speak with other teams, and several were interested in more than one year.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Larry Brooks of the NY Post:
Rangers GM Glen Sather has talked to the Predators about RFA Alexander Radulov. Radulov has a big offer on the table from CKSA of the KHL. A source has told the Post that Radulov would rather play in the NHL next season. The Rangers are more than just kicking tires on Radulov.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Habs selected Therrien as their new coach?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agL3NHgb8Rk]Michel Therrien Tells It Like It Is - YouTube[/ame]

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Radulov seems to be done in Nashville. Id take him on the hawks

Sent via Tapatalk on Droid RAZR MAXX

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Say what you want about Kaner, but I don't recall him ever getting in trouble for breaking curfew the night before a freaking playoff game.

I think Radulov's actions have made it rather clear that his aspirations are for playing hockey in Russia, not the NHL.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Radulov seems to be done in Nashville. Id take him on the hawks

Sent via Tapatalk on Droid RAZR MAXX

I'd take a pass on Radulov. He is a RFA and would be demanding some pretty good money based on what he gets in Russia (and tax free too).

Also, he has some amazing skill but he can be lazy and one dimensional at times. The Blackhawks really need a skilled player who can bring it every night and do so with some useful grit. Obviously these players don't just grow on trees but the type of player I'm thinking of is a Malone, Clowe, Ladd, etc. Right now the Blackhawks have too many finesse players on the front end and Radulov would just add to that.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I'd take a pass on Radulov. He is a RFA and would be demanding some pretty good money based on what he gets in Russia (and tax free too).

Also, he has some amazing skill but he can be lazy and one dimensional at times. The Blackhawks really need a skilled player who can bring it every night and do so with some useful grit. Obviously these players don't just grow on trees but the type of player I'm thinking of is a Malone, Clowe, Ladd, etc. Right now the Blackhawks have too many finesse players on the front end and Radulov would just add to that.

Maybe, but I think he would be a great linemate for Toews...

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think there is a doubt that Radulov would add more talent to the team. The question is it worth it given the amount of cap space he is likely to command. I am not certain that is the case.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I don't think there is a doubt that Radulov would add more talent to the team. The question is it worth it given the amount of cap space he is likely to command. I am not certain that is the case.

his cap hit would be an issue that's true, but unloading bloated salaries like Frolik could soften the blow

especially if Montador or *gulp* Hossa has to go on LTIR

Tazer4mvp

Liked Posts:
Tim Thomas may sit out all of next season.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Radulov for Frolik and a pick

:troll:

what makes you think we can just dump a shitty player for him?

Also, this is far from what the hawks need at the moment. Ive been saying this for months now that the lines are too 1 dimensional. skilled forwards are what they are. they need some skilled/physical players....players having both accolades instead of one. the hawks last offseason tried to balance that out with getting 1 dimensional physical type players.

so....pass

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
what makes you think we can just dump a shitty player for him?

Also, this is far from what the hawks need at the moment. Ive been saying this for months now that the lines are too 1 dimensional. skilled forwards are what they are. they need some skilled/physical players....players having both accolades instead of one. the hawks last offseason tried to balance that out with getting 1 dimensional physical type players.

so....pass

Because they are trading him or releasing him...they would want to get something rather than nothing

and 2nd, as it looks right now, carcillo is one of our top 6 forwards. Would you rather have carcillo or Radulov in your top 6?

Ill take Radulov

Status
Not open for further replies.