Everything MLB: News, Highlights, And Just Plain Chit Chat

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That may be the case, but they're going to pushing into the tax here pretty soon. Many of the guys involved in the deal are pretty terrible players at this point making a ton of money. They have 135 million locked up in payroll next season already without those guys and they have 76 million in 2014. Those four players in the Boston deal add 60 million. So without the ability to add anything for next season or resign any free agenst they have 195 million in payroll in 2013 and 125 million in 2014. They are going to be spending more than the Yankees at the rate they are going.

dodgers very close to a 4 billion dollar tv deal.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
dodgers very close to a 4 billion dollar tv deal.

In that case I guess they can afford the luxury tax, but the Yankees and Red Sox have some super-deals as well and yet decided to cut payroll to get under the threshold. Guess in LA they don't really care about money though :D

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In that case I guess they can afford the luxury tax, but the Yankees and Red Sox have some super-deals as well and yet decided to cut payroll to get under the threshold. Guess in LA they don't really care about money though :D

I think a lot of teams are going to cut cost just a bit. It was due to happen. I would be worried though about the state of the game if these upcoming FAs start to get more and more money like fatty and poopface. those 2 will never live up to their contracts.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
pablo-crawford-dp.gif

2SeamHeat

I Know Nuffing!!!!!
Liked Posts:
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/08/jon-lester-claimed-on-waivers.html

Lester was claimed. Kind of curious as to who got him, and if there's any possibility of a deal. While he's been down this year, he's pitched pretty well in August. $11M+ for next year... free agent after that... and 29 in January. Good innings eater... wouldn't be upset if the Cubs managed to get him and tried getting him back on track.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Baltimore Orioles are two games back of the Yankees.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
If any waiver wire news trickles in just throw it in here.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
With the waiver deadline up most of the moves will be DFA's to clear room for September call-ups.