The Official Bash On Dan Bernstein Thread ( Dan Bernstein Sucks )

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is awful radio.

How can anyone keep listening to this garbage?

Dan Bernstein is probably the biggest moron on the radio. I can deal with the hanging up on callers and name calling even though it is stale as fuck and not funny but this david haugh discussion going on and on is just stupid. You have a first place team in the sox, a huge Theo draft, The NBA playoffs and yet he chooses to over react to a article written by david haugh? He has become a joke on radio.

What I am curious about is his past, never really looked it up, but the guy who needs a booster seat probably was never an athlete and the closest thing to playing football or any sport was him at pep rallys wearing pant on his face.

Some of you young guys that are just starting to listen might like it because it is new to you, but as a 33 year old listening my whole life, the format is old, repetitive and just stupid. This doesnt include his lack of knowledge in sports in general. I mean he tries to puff his chest out by using WAR in all baseball talk which is laughable.

Just wanted to vent about one of the worst hosts of sports talk.

ps- this isnt a thread about other hosts, this is specifically about the idiot bernstein.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I agree. awful radio

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've long accepted that baseball talk in the media in most cases will be awful due to not understand all the facets that are involved in building a real organization.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I don't get it.....one needs to have been an athlete to comment on sports?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've long accepted that baseball talk in the media in most cases will be awful due to not understand all the facets that are involved in building a real organization.

but he thinks he does.

any discussion about baseball is WAR related with him. he thinks he has all the ansewers regarding the cubs.

i love how hawk compared viciedo "strong" along with konerko, and we all know hawk is a homer and crazy but yet he spends 2 hours on his lame ass show debating the hawk comment when we all know its stupid.

I just want good sports talk radio.

I dont want to hear about your new grill with lights, or favorite wine.

or how it is cheap to go to a baseball game comparing the pricing to the movies. Wrong!!! he is a moron. boers i can handle, him, he is just a joke.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't get it.....one needs to have been an athlete to comment on sports?

no, not exactly, but to comment on the david haugh Special person filler radio segment, one should have had some sort of experience. he flat out tells people that is not how one feels and he never played.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
just started stream to see if they were still talking about the david haugh article from YESTERDAY. Sure enough they are. so awesome.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I think Rory said Bernstein has surface level knowledge on a lot of things.

I agree with that, and that is partially why I think he's a bad host.

Hanging up on callers, his LOL shtick, and him and Boers just going off on tangents. It's really a terrible show.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It really was amazing to hear Boers have his own opinion when Bernsie was on vacation.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Rory said Bernstein has surface level knowledge on a lot of things.

I agree with that, and that is partially why I think he's a bad host.

Hanging up on callers, his LOL shtick, and him and Boers just going off on tangents. It's really a terrible show.

him hanging up on people and calling names was cool 10 years ago. its a bit old.

and its true, surface knowledge.

bernstein thinks he is a DR, a lawyer, nutrionist, welder etc....

its like listening to martha stewart, just a very bad variety show.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I believe I said it in a different thread a few weeks back, but Bernstein is a hateful bigot who has no business being on the radio or writing a column for any radio or TV station.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It really was amazing to hear Boers have his own opinion when Bernsie was on vacation.

boers is an old "too coughy" man, but he is fine. he gets weird but if paired with the right person he would be fine.

he makes fun of every ESPN guy, everyone. Now of course they love their bostons and NY teams....but it is almost overkill with the boo yah ripping like they he is doing now, almost like he is pissed that he isnt on the bigger stage and is stuck jockin a am station called the score.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have never called in to debate since 1) id probably slip and swear 2)he wont let anyone speak. 3) if im right i will get hung up on.....so no point. I would love to debate him, especially baseball, something he has no clue about.

"if the hawks won the stanley cup no one would care"

parade.jpg

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
no, not exactly, but to comment on the david haugh Special person filler radio segment, one should have had some sort of experience. he flat out tells people that is not how one feels and he never played.
Well to be fair, Haugh is a featured columnist for Chicago's biggest newspaper. I would think anything he writes would be fair game for a sports talk radio.

I'm assuming (because I haven't had a chance to listen for quite some time) they were discussing Haugh's article involving football and letting his kids play. Well that article isn't about the first place white sox, or the huge Theo draft, or the NBA playoffs. So why is it alright for Haugh to discuss that, but not Bernstein? Or a thread started about that. Especially since Haugh, probably, reaches a much larger audience than Bernstein.

Not to mention, who is the target demographic for the Boers and Bernstein show? Guys - probably between 25-50. A lot of those guys are fathers. You don't think a discussion about the consequences of playing youth football is an important topic for that target demographic on a sports show?

There are only so many topics that can be gone over when it comes to the white sox or anything else. You seem to be a listener, at times at least.....you ever hear some of the calls they get? You really want to listen to those people interject?

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is awful radio.

How can anyone keep listening to this garbage?

Dan Bernstein is probably the biggest moron on the radio. I can deal with the hanging up on callers and name calling even though it is stale as fuck and not funny but this david haugh discussion going on and on is just stupid. You have a first place team in the sox, a huge Theo draft, The NBA playoffs and yet he chooses to over react to a article written by david haugh? He has become a joke on radio.

What I am curious about is his past, never really looked it up, but the guy who needs a booster seat probably was never an athlete and the closest thing to playing football or any sport was him at pep rallys wearing pant on his face.

Some of you young guys that are just starting to listen might like it because it is new to you, but as a 33 year old listening my whole life, the format is old, repetitive and just stupid. This doesnt include his lack of knowledge in sports in general. I mean he tries to puff his chest out by using WAR in all baseball talk which is laughable.

Just wanted to vent about one of the worst hosts of sports talk.

ps- this isnt a thread about other hosts, this is specifically about the idiot bernstein.

Been known for while. Boers threatened to kick my ass unlike him.

:smug:

GaelicSoxFan

Time Lord
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's definitely got a superiority complex.

When it comes to baseball, I want to tie him down, Krazy Glue his eyes open, burn all of his copies of the Bill James Handbook and make him actually watch games.

When it comes to sabermetric stats, he also reminds me of a fan of an indie rock band in that as soon as they achieve the smallest amount of commercial success, some of their fans will call them sellouts. As soon as a sabermetric stat like OBP gains wider currency, he's like "that's a garbage stat. Here's some new stat some pencil-necked geek just invented."

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well to be fair, Haugh is a featured columnist for Chicago's biggest newspaper. I would think anything he writes would be fair game for a sports talk radio.

I'm assuming (because I haven't had a chance to listen for quite some time) they were discussing Haugh's article involving football and letting his kids play. Well that article isn't about the first place white sox, or the huge Theo draft, or the NBA playoffs. So why is it alright for Haugh to discuss that, but not Bernstein? Or a thread started about that. Especially since Haugh, probably, reaches a much larger audience than Bernstein.

Not to mention, who is the target demographic for the Boers and Bernstein show? Guys - probably between 25-50. A lot of those guys are fathers. You don't think a discussion about the consequences of playing youth football is an important topic for that target demographic on a sports show?

There are only so many topics that can be gone over when it comes to the white sox or anything else. You seem to be a listener, at times at least.....you ever hear some of the calls they get? You really want to listen to those people interject?

I respect your opinion. I do. If they want to touch on it, fine. 2 days of it is over the top. Yes its about the kids playing football, but its bernsteing going on and on about how football doesnt mold a person into a better person. My problem is overkill. That is where I have my issue. 2 days is way over the top and seems like filler radio. If they were discussing the consequenes of the game, and discussing injuries for a reasonable amount of time that is fine, but thats not even what they are talking about. Also the injuries in football as far as concussions have been discussed on their show 1000 times. nothing has changed. There are other things to talk about other than haughs column and wine for 2 days. i know you are a fan of his from other posts, not trying to offend the bernstein fans, just trying to express my irritation about the over kill.

and yes, I have been listening since they came together.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's definitely got a superiority complex.

When it comes to baseball, I want to tie him down, Krazy Glue his eyes open, burn all of his copies of the Bill James Handbook and make him actually watch games.

When it comes to sabermetric stats, he also reminds me of a fan of an indie rock band in that as soon as they achieve the smallest amount of commercial success, some of their fans will call them sellouts. As soon as a sabermetric stat like OBP gains wider currency, he's like "that's a garbage stat. Here's some new stat some pencil-necked geek just invented."

:clap:

well said.

just wait until SIERA becomes a trend, he will be ripping FIP and xFIP.

GaelicSoxFan

Time Lord
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have never called in to debate since 1) id probably slip and swear 2)he wont let anyone speak. 3) if im right i will get hung up on.....so no point. I would love to debate him, especially baseball, something he has no clue about.

"if the hawks won the stanley cup no one would care"

parade.jpg

He'd probably call most of the people who were there "fair weather fans". Some of those "fair weather fans" don't have the money to go to every fucking game.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I respect your opinion. I do. If they want to touch on it, fine. 2 days of it is over the top. Yes its about the kids playing football, but its bernsteing going on and on about how football doesnt mold a person into a better person. My problem is overkill. That is where I have my issue. 2 days is way over the top and seems like filler radio. If they were discussing the consequenes of the game, and discussing injuries for a reasonable amount of time that is fine, but thats not even what they are talking about. Also the injuries in football as far as concussions have been discussed on their show 1000 times. nothing has changed. There are other things to talk about other than haughs column and wine for 2 days. i know you are a fan of his from other posts, not trying to offend the bernstein fans, just trying to express my irritation about the over kill.

and yes, I have been listening since they came together.
No offense would be taken by me at all, so don't worry about that.

I didn't know they were talking about it for two days. I figured they would talk about it because he tweeted the article he wrote on the Score's website. I can see why you would say it's overkill - don't get me wrong.

I am a fan of their show, and a fan of his - but I'm not trying to overly defend him in this case. Just offering $0.02.