The Latest News Since the Draft

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Since the 2012 MLB draft came and gone on Wednesday, teams can now focus on signing draft picks and making deals leading up to the non-waiver July 31st trade deadline. Cubs GM Jed Hoyer said the Cubs will make trades, but did not specify on whom would be traded. That’s obvious that a GM will not name players and put too much into their head and they could struggle. I expect a more than unusual amount of trades this summer. As the Cubs would want to try and take money off the books, keep building to the farm system and their won’t be as many sellers this time around. Here’s the latest from the rumor mill:

**The most likely player to be traded is starting pitcher Ryan Dempster. As we all know, Dempster will like to finish his career in Chicago. However, Dempster does not fit into their long-term plan and with the success he has had so far this season, Dempster may be able attract a good player in return. Dempster does have a no-trade cause, but has told Team Theo that he will not let his NTC get in the way. Dempster wants to win and will like to play for a contender. That’s the only way he will waive his NTC. Teams that come to mind of whom may be interested in Dempster are the Los Angeles Dodgers, Boston Red Sox and Chicago White Sox.

**Another player who has a no-trade cause is Alfonso Soriano and he may be traded in the coming weeks/months too. He also has said he will not block any trades to contenders. The only problem about Soriano is he has so much much tied up. The Cubs have said they will pay most of his contract in a trade, but a trade still may not be easy. I think if the Cubs pay 90% of his contract (I think they will, if a trade is possible) and not take much in return, a trade can happen. Soriano will play DH in interleague play and the Cubs hope he showcases that he will be a good DH. Soriano started off slow, but has picked it up as of late. Soriano has hit a home in in the last 8 series. Maybe the Baltimore Orioles still have interest in Soriano like Cubsden reported it in the off-season. But the Orioles are probably not a legit contender and Soriano may veto a trade to Baltimore. Teams that could have interest in Soriano are the Detroit Tigers (if Victor Martinez can’t come back this season) and the Cleveland Indians.

Other notes:
**The Cubs have signed 30th round pick senior OF Izaac Garsez. Garsez will report to Mesa for workouts and a phscical. He may join the Boise Hawks, but the Hawks won’t announce their roster ’til Monday.
***Per 670 the Score, the Cubs are closing in on Cuban’ Jorge Soler. That may be more of speculation because the Cubs are believe to be the team to land him.

That’s the latest … more surely to come!

The Latest News Since the Draft |

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
The 670 report was a long time ago, but somebody quoted it from when Zack posted a long time ago in the Soler thread, but it wasn't a recent report.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
it was reported 2 days ago again on the score.

Yeah that's what I heard, but I think it's more of a guess that they are. As it's pretty obvious that the Cubs will do all they can to land him and what the reports have suggested.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Really? I Googled it to check and couldn't find it there or on the 670 site besides the old one. Well, sorry about calling you out when I was wrong waldo.

ChitwnRyan60452

@Chitown_Ryan
Liked Posts:
The 670 report was a long time ago, but somebody quoted it from when Zack posted a long time ago in the Soler thread, but it wasn't a recent report.

If Zack Zaidman reported it, then it LITERALLY must be true...