IST: NBA Finals Thread: Thunder VS Heat

Who Wins Championship

• Total voters

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did anybody bring up Garnett and Rondo walking off the court and not shaking hands with Miami? Anybody? Probably not...if Lebron had done it...you know the rest...

Double standards? That is why I say I wouldn't mind if the Heat won, don't think they will, but wouldn't bother me.

I wouldn´t shake hands with Lebron either!

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't know where you got that from...but YOU are mistaken if you think some couch potato critics on the sideline can take pressure off of Lebron...all eyes are on him regardless.

yep.all the time. even more so because it's the finals where he has a very negative reputation

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Did anybody bring up Garnett and Rondo walking off the court and not shaking hands with Miami? Anybody? Probably not...if Lebron had done it...you know the rest...

Double standards? That is why I say I wouldn't mind if the Heat won, don't think they will, but wouldn't bother me.

I don't know if it was brought up on TV or not, but this is exactly what I was telling my brother last night.

I've never cared about people walking off without shaking hands. In an emotional series, the last thing some guys might wanna do is go shake the hands of an opponent RIGHT after they lost.

I didn't care when LBJ did it and I didn't care when Rondo and Garnett did it.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think the better question is did you bring it up after LeBron walked off the court and didn't shake any of the Orlando Magic's hands after they lost in 2009?

There is no doubt that Rondo and KG were classless in doing that.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Durant Finals MVP

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:

Yeah, if Lebron would of acted like KG and Rondos classless act, he would of been crucified by the media.
I thought Lebron grew up considerabley during the series and even showed a lot of class.
The Heat won fair and square.
Plus Lebron is playing 4th quarters well now....hope it continues.
Lebron has been around for while now and its his time.
Everyone knew this time would eventually come whether admitted or not.

If I was a Celtic I would of shaken Lebrons hand because it was a good fair fight and the better team won fair and square....Sportsmanship.......Just look how good of a sport I'm being....I'm not as mad as I thought I would be if the Heat made the finals again......As a matter of fact I'm actually happy for them.....They sure have put up with a lot of hate by fans, media and everything else......Kind of nice to see them prevail over the hate.

Heat vs. OKC will be much more entertaining and fun to watch than a Celtic vs. OKC would of been......This is good for the NBA as a whole regardless who wins this finals.........
Great baskeball is on the way. :beerbang:

Last edited:

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I think the better question is did you bring it up after LeBron walked off the court and didn't shake any of the Orlando Magic's hands after they lost in 2009?

There is no doubt that Rondo and KG were classless in doing that.

How the hell is that a BETTER question? Me wondering if media, fans, haters, look at both instances objectively has nothing to do with me....it has everything to do with society.

Now did I say something about it in 2009? Go back through the archives and check. Sure did, and so did the media. I don't lay morals/sportsmanship rules aside for people I love or hate. You either right or wrong.

I didn't mind Dirk not shaking hands with them. Other than that, shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited:

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
People fail to mention that the Heat got this far with out there 3rd(maybe 2nd) best player in Chris Bosh...........
If Bosh would of been healthy for the Celtics series, it might have been over in 5 games.

Heat beat OKC in 6 games.

Last edited:

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtdkqPL0hOg]NBA Finals 2012 Preview - Miami Heat vs Oklahoma City Thunder - YouTube[/ame]

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It honestly blows my mind how most people are picking the Thunder to win despite that they are a jump-shooting team who aren't even close to as good defensively as their opponents.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It honestly blows my mind how most people are picking the Thunder to win despite that they are a jump-shooting team who aren't even close to as good defensively as their opponents.

they are the best offensive team in the league, they have three great scorers that can space the floor, they have a much much better coach, they have home court advantage(and they are very very very hard to beat at home...the spurs played their very best in game 6 and still got beat in OKC), they are athletic and good in transition(so they match the heat in that regard), they have the best frontcourt defense tandem in the league and a defensive stopper at SG

does it really "blow your mind"?

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
they are the best offensive team in the league, they have three great scorers that can space the floor, they have a much much better coach, they have home court advantage(and they are very very very hard to beat at home...the spurs played their very best in game 6 and still got beat in OKC), they are athletic and good in transition(so they match the heat in that regard), they have the best frontcourt defense tandem in the league and a defensive stopper at SG

does it really "blow your mind"?

What blows my mind isn't that people think they can win but that 60+% of people and most "analysts" in the national media are picking them to win. Homecourt advantage means less and less the deeper you get into the post-season. And with the 2-3-2 format, it actually can benefit the road team quite a bit more. All Miami needs to do is split in OKC and then win 2 out of 3 at home to have 2 more chances to win a Game 6 or 7 in OKC. Wade, Bosh, and LeBron are all better interior/post scorers than anything OKC has. And Ibaka isn't this defensive stopper who is going to shut down Bosh. What he does well is play weak-side defense and blocks a lot of shots. A guy like LeBron is going to be way too strong for him.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What blows my mind isn't that people think they can win but that 60+% of people and most "analysts" in the national media are picking them to win. Homecourt advantage means less and less the deeper you get into the post-season. And with the 2-3-2 format, it actually can benefit the road team quite a bit more. All Miami needs to do is split in OKC and then win 2 out of 3 at home to have 2 more chances to win a Game 6 or 7 in OKC. Wade, Bosh, and LeBron are all better interior/post scorers than anything OKC has. And Ibaka isn't this defensive stopper who is going to shut down Bosh. What he does well is play weak-side defense and blocks a lot of shots. A guy like LeBron is going to be way too strong for him.

Allow me to bring forth my best Stephen A. Smith impression...

ARE YOU INSANE?!?

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Allow me to bring forth my best Stephen A. Smith impression...

ARE YOU INSANE?!?

Ibaka can't shut down a player like Bosh or LeBron 1-on-1. It just isn't going to happen. I was a huge fan of Ibaka before anybody even knew who he was, but now he is being massively overrated.

Ibaka is a below average rebounder for his position. He gets backed down fairly easily. He gets most of his blocks giving weak-side help. And he has a pretty inconsistent mid-range jumper.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ibaka can't shut down a player like Bosh or LeBron 1-on-1.

Yeah...like anyone can do that. There's only a handful of players that could shut down Bosh. Perhaps Ibaka can't shut him down, but you can bet he's going to make things really hard for him. He's a great defender no matter how you look at it. It's not like Bosh is a power player anyway.

Yeah Lebron is a different story, but there's no one on earth who can shut him down, so why bring that up?

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's look at OKC's offensive options:

#1A: Durant- best scorer in the game but does not look to score in the low-post. The high-post at times but never the low-post.

#1B: Westbrook- not consistent shooting three's but money when left open from inside and has deadly crossover and hops. Also a great passer for someone who has all of that scoring ability. Has a tendency of hijacking an offense.

#3: Harden- this is a guy who will bail you out at the end of a shot-clock by dribbling into a fade-away three with the best of them. Also has PG skills.

#4: Ibaka- Not exactly a great shooter but is capable of hitting the open 12-footer. Most of his offense comes off of the glass (yet not exactly the best rebounder) or in transition.

#5: Perkins- I need to talk about his defense/rebounding here or there isn't much else to bring up of any worth. Defends the center position fairly well but can't defend the pick-and-roll/pop game. He is about average for his position at rebounds. And he is a better offensive option than Miami's Joel Anthony (but that is not saying much). He botches a lot of offensive possessions and second chance points Asik style.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Yeah...like anyone can do that. There's only a handful of players that could shut down Bosh. Perhaps Ibaka can't shut him down, but you can bet he's going to make things really hard for him. He's a great defender no matter how you look at it. It's not like Bosh is a power player anyway.

Yeah Lebron is a different story, but there's no one on earth who can shut him down, so why bring that up?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRVUOGUmxJI]Lex Luthor - WRONG! - YouTube[/ame]

Roy Hibbert :smug:

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Honestly, Ibaka is an overrated defender. You can't just look at blocks per-game and label a guy a great defender. Dirk Nowitzki made him look like a joke last year. Scott Brooks didn't even let Ibaka guard Boozer of all people one-on-one for very long because he wasn't nearly strong enough and Boozer was capable of backing him all the way down to the rim if he wanted to. LeBron James will be able to do the exact same thing to Ibaka in the post and also drive right by him if James is playing the 4 spot on offense.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Don't care who wins. Just want it to go 7 and see good basketball games.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Honestly, Ibaka is an overrated defender. You can't just look at blocks per-game and label a guy a great defender. Dirk Nowitzki made him look like a joke last year. Scott Brooks didn't even let Ibaka guard Boozer of all people one-on-one for very long because he wasn't nearly strong enough and Boozer was capable of backing him all the way down to the rim if he wanted to. LeBron James will be able to do the exact same thing to Ibaka in the post and also drive right by him if James is playing the 4 spot on offense.

Dirk makes a lot of people look like jokes. They must all be overrated too.

And again, Chris Bosh won't be able to do that. Bosh isn't a million times stronger than him like Boozer is. Lebron could back him down...but how many times do we see Lebron do that in the low post? And if Miami goes small, I see OKC going small with them with something like Westbrook, Sefolosha, Harden, Durant, and Ibaka. I see either Durant or possibly Sefolosha guarding Lebron all the time. I'm not seeing Ibaka guarding Lebron that much because, as you said, he can be beaten off the dribble. This doesn't mean Ibaka suddenly doesn't know how to play defense anymore, it means Lebron is faster than him.