3.Magic
4.Bird
5.Wilt
6.Russell
7.Hakeem
8.Shaq
9.Kobe
10.Duncan

some people probably are surprised i have hakeem that high but the dude was incredible....one of the best post players offensively and defensively ever

now that i'm looking at a list..i still put lebron outside....but top 15 for sure

I'd put Hakeem well higher than Russell. Russell was nowhere near Olajuwon's level offensively.

Chamberlain was better than Russell too.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'd put Hakeem well higher than Russell. Russell was nowhere near Olajuwon's level offensively.

Chamberlain was better than Russell too.

meh...russell is there because he's an icon, a defensive monster, and won like a billion rings

part of the top 10 is accomplishments..

if i'm going by who's actually the top 10 best players ever...don't know that i would put russell there...lebron would be in the top 5 easy

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
meh...russell is there because he's an icon, a defensive monster, and won like a billion rings

part of the top 10 is accomplishments..

if i'm going by who's actually the top 10 best players ever...don't know that i would put russell there...lebron would be in the top 5 easy

I don't understand the difference between "greatest players" and "best players." It is hard to quantify greatness by team accomplishments. Russell played with the most stacked team in the NBA and that is why his teams beat the hell out of Chamberlain's Warriors/Lakers throughout the 1960's.

Is LeBron definitely in the top 5? He is pretty close but Jordan, Abdul-Jabbar, Magic Johnson, Olajuwon, Shaq, Chamberlain, Bird, and Bryant might say otherwise.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I sayed those things in the Heat of passion, LoL
You must of taken up a lot of your time to dig those old fossils up.
Obsession?

What are you, punishment from God?

:obama:

No obsession...research. Not hard, you usually say the same crap over and over and over again...in the same damn thread.

And you "sayed" (your spelling errors are becoming a bit...too frequent) those things off and on for months. What the heck did you have to be passionate about...so much more than any other Bulls fan?

That post must have bothered you, about as much as posting that thread about your prediction being a jinx bothered you. Just own up to the statements you make. You hated on James as much as anybody...that bucket can be passed on to you also.

Last edited:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
"Lebron is really playing excellent tfhe first 3 quarters like always.........I wonder if he will disapear in the 4th again like always."

"FT & HH arnt real bulls fans.
Just Heat Forum rejects that even Heat fans didn't want on there sight.
Rogue posters.
So now they are here everyday to troll and remind us how great Lebron is and why we should be petrified of the Heat.
They set up shop on Bulls forums because they have no where else to go.
Loulz to Bitter digruntled rolling Stone Heat fan forum rejects, gotta love em."

"Id wouldn't trade him unless it was for 2 Lebrons"-talking about Derrick Rose.

"Did you say there are no players from the past as great or can be compare to Lebron and durant??????
Are you kidding? LoL
I can name more than a few........
Enough of preaching Lebron James to us ...please
I will say Lebron James physically and talent wis is one of the best ever, but all that is rendered usesless because he doesn't have the 2 most important tools..........A brain and a heart................
Fuck Lebron James....sell that crap to heatfans on a heat messageboard."

"That would mean we have a Heat fan posting on this thread because someone surely put Lebron on his list and then defended him when someone spoke up. I'm not saying no names though.
Don't wanna start no trouble"

"Id take Jeremy Lin over Lebitch any day."

"If Miami offered the Bulls Lebron for Rose would you do it???

If you say yes, then my other question will be: Why would you want to hand Miami a championship??
Have a nice day."

"And yes, ill repeat myself again......Pippen and Doctor J are better basketball players than Lebron....."

1. Kevin Durant

2. Dwight Howard
3. Kobe Bryant.
4. Lebron James
-this is your list of the top 4 players in the NBA.

"That's why he's called "LEQUIT"...
Maybe hell end up in the NBAs hall of shame"

These are your quotes...word for word. And yeah, they are yours...because every other word has a damn red squiggly line under it. I don't have time to make up spelling errors...and blame you for it. This is reality.

So, your fanism (what the hell is that?) equals just that...a made up notion using a damn made up word.

By the way, I am a nice guy too. Here I am staging an intervention for what is either attention hoarding, schizophrenia, or the beginning stages of dementia. If its the first option, stop it. I suspect it is.

You're welcome.

:andruw:

Gold :bowrofl: :lmao: :rolling:

:doorrofl:

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't understand the difference between "greatest players" and "best players." It is hard to quantify greatness by team accomplishments. Russell played with the most stacked team in the NBA and that is why his teams beat the hell out of Chamberlain's Warriors/Lakers throughout the 1960's.

greatness is partly accolades/partly ability

if it was totally ability and who is the best player, lebron would not be outside the top 10 and we wouldn't be saying that in 5 years that he would move up

Is LeBron definitely in the top 5? He is pretty close but Jordan, Abdul-Jabbar, Magic Johnson, Olajuwon, Shaq, Chamberlain, Bird, and Bryant might say otherwise.

best in their prime?

i would say top 5

shaq was unstoppable in his prime, so i guess you almost have to put him in the top 5

chamberlain i guess(i just think he had an absurd advantage and comparatively to the other players he's overrated...same with russell...jmo)

olajuwon is tough for me.....i think lebron's a more dynamic offensive player

magic and kobe...nah...just not sure on bird either.....i guess bird has a pretty good argument with lebron...

kareem i guess..so i guess i would put him 5...

lebron can defend 5 positions and is one of the best if not the best defender in the league, can post up,shoot from the outside or in the arc, pass like a PG, rebound like a big man

so i think i'm giving some of the other guys some credit by putting lebron at 5

but that's just me

and really, it's hard to compare some of these guys because they played in very different eras and with very different paces

lebron plays probably in the most talented(i mean overall, not in the top,i think the 90s could be argued to be a little more top heavy, especially early 90s) and athletic era

the pace is a bit lower than when jordan,bird, and magic were playing so that can be considered

Last edited:

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Russell was a better passer and a much better rebounder (relatively) than Hakeem. Russell was a beast in college, and he didn't score nearly as much in the NBA. I'm sure thats true of many players, but in Russell's case I think he was surrounded by other good scorers with the Celtics, so his scoring wasn't needed as much.

FWIW, I think you can make a case that Bill Russell was the greatest NBA player of all-time. I don't think you can make the same case with Hakeem Olajuwon.

Totally disagree with you on this one. I would NEVER make that case for Russell. His offensive numbers are abysmal. Wasn't even a top 5 offensive player in his prime. Wilt owned him. Hakeem would have dominated in any era, I don't see Russell, who is about the size of the average small forward these days, could do anything close to what he did 50 years ago.

I would take Olajuwon over him in a heartbeat. Olajuwon would have given any center a hard time, there was nothing like him before or since...and he never played with an allstar team like Russell did.

I talked about Wilt dominating Russell before with FT, and the fact that Wilt would dominate in any era because he was a friggin juggernaut, but Russell? I would take Shaq over Russell.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
The complete lack of Oscar Robertson on these lists is lulz worthy.

I was just about to post that.

As for the Russell stuff, 100% agree with Hou. It was laughable when, I think it was about a year ago, there was Wilt & Russell debates for greatest center of all time, & the MAJORITY of people were taking Russell because of his rings. How can you take a 6-9 210lb Center who shot a CAREER 44% from the field over a 7-1 atheltic, freak of nature? I'm not taking away from Russell's accomplishments. He was one of the best defenders & rebounders of all time. But Wilt was absolutely 1-of-a-kind. Big, incredbily strong, could leap out of the gym, & had probably the biggest hands ever in the NBA. It was blowing my mind that people were actually posting that they think Wilt would struggle against Howard & Bynum today. :lmao:

If Wilt played today, he would be the best C by a wide margin & would be competing with Lebron every year for the MVP.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I was just about to post that.

As for the Russell stuff, 100% agree with Hou. It was laughable when, I think it was about a year ago, there was Wilt & Russell debates for greatest center of all time, & the MAJORITY of people were taking Russell because of his rings. How can you take a 6-9 210lb Center who shot a CAREER 44% from the field over a 7-1 atheltic, freak of nature? I'm not taking away from Russell's accomplishments. He was one of the best defenders & rebounders of all time. But Wilt was absolutely 1-of-a-kind. Big, incredbily strong, could leap out of the gym, & had probably the biggest hands ever in the NBA. It was blowing my mind that people were actually posting that they think Wilt would struggle against Howard & Bynum today. :lmao:

If Wilt played today, he would be the best C by a wide margin & would be competing with Lebron every year for the MVP.

There are two guys that I think of in basketball and football that would dominate right now given the chance. Wilt and Jim Brown. That is because both were incredibly big, strong, and athletic.

And as I pointed out back then...Wilt blocked Kareem's sky hook...OLD WILT! He was a monster.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
There are two guys that I think of in basketball and football that would dominate right now given the chance. Wilt and Jim Brown. That is because both were incredibly big, strong, and athletic.

And as I pointed out back then...Wilt blocked Kareem's sky hook...OLD WILT! He was a monster.

I DEMAND PROOF TO BACK UP YOUR STATEMENTS THAT ONLY WILT AND BROWN WOULD DOMINATE IN TODAYS SPORTS WORLD.
AND I WANT A LINK.
PROVE IT, ONLY FACTS COUNT HERE, RIGHT? :troll:
:derbulls: