Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
D-Will says Lakers can't afford him

he's not lying. He's worth way more than the Full MLE, which is all the Lakers have to offer. Unless the Nets did a S&T with the Lakers, he won't end up a Laker.

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
Zeljko Obradovic, the best coach in Europe the last 20 years is free to sign in any team he wants.

20 years as a coach:
8 Euroleague cups (1 with Partizan, 1 with Real Madrid, 1 with Badalona, 5 with Panathinaikos)
2 Supporta cups (1 with Benetton, 1 with Real Madrid)
1 FIBA European Championship Gold Medal with Yugoslavia
1 FIBA World Championship Gold Medal with Yugoslavia
1 Summer Olympic Silver Medal with Yugoslavia

And the most impressive is that every single one of these cups had his signature. He had never coached a team that was the ultimate favorite in a competition. And he won a European title with every team he worked.

I think that a NBA team MUST offer him a head coach or at least an assistant coach job! I am sure he will be a factor wherever he is working.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not sure how he'd do as an NBA head coach, but those are some pretty darn good credentials. I'd at least give him an assistant position.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Look at Sacramento’s Tyreke Evans, who has struggled to find a groove in Sacramento. There is a belief the Kings will trade him if the right offer is made. Had he gone several picks lower, he might have landed with a team more committed to who he is as a player or a team that’s better at developing and maximizing players. Evans’ career might take a hit because he went too high and to a team that clearly didn’t understand him as a player. HoopsWorld

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Look at Sacramento’s Tyreke Evans, who has struggled to find a groove in Sacramento. There is a belief the Kings will trade him if the right offer is made. Had he gone several picks lower, he might have landed with a team more committed to who he is as a player or a team that’s better at developing and maximizing players. Evans’ career might take a hit because he went too high and to a team that clearly didn’t understand him as a player. HoopsWorld

As I posted earlier in the week, I think a trade can be worked out to bring Evans to the Bulls. Sacramento is looking for a starting SF & a defensive minded C to put next to Cousins. I'd have to look at the salary numbers to see if it's even possible but this is a potential trade that I think deserve some serious consideration

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As I posted earlier in the week, I think a trade can be worked out to bring Evans to the Bulls. Sacramento is looking for a starting SF & a defensive minded C to put next to Cousins. I'd have to look at the salary numbers to see if it's even possible but this is a potential trade that I think deserve some serious consideration

I wonder if we could do Deng and Asik for Evans and the #5 and maybe a throw in like Terrence Williams...

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
I wonder if we could do Deng and Asik for Evans and the #5 and maybe a throw in like Terrence Williams...

That is what I suggested to one of my friends when news broke that we were talking to Barnes.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

that would be genius, williams has incredible talent but he's just...well not all there if you get what i'm saying

i think a new,systematic environment would help him thrive

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
that would be genius, williams has incredible talent but he's just...well not all there if you get what i'm saying

i think a new,systematic environment would help him thrive

Williams could be another Tyreke really...he has a similar set of skills. He's pretty athletic too iirc. One of those risk/reward things. Who knows, maybe with our coaching staff he could blossom. I'd say go for it because if it works out, Rose, Tyreke, and Williams could be a very very very dangerous backcourt. Perhaps the only issue then is we lose a lot of outside shooting, but I think we could afford to keep Korver at that point.

Of course if it doesn't work then we've lost our best perimeter defender and might be left with a very disgruntled backcourt...but again, the reward is worth it imo.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Williams could be another Tyreke really...he has a similar set of skills. He's pretty athletic too iirc. One of those risk/reward things. Who knows, maybe with our coaching staff he could blossom. I'd say go for it because if it works out, Rose, Tyreke, and Williams could be a very very very dangerous backcourt. Perhaps the only issue then is we lose a lot of outside shooting, but I think we could afford to keep Korver at that point.

ya, though having a couple of guys besides rose who can create helps offset that need, but you do need that dimension...

one possibility is to trade rip and the #5 pick for a nice wing guy..or use the #5 pick to get a defensive minded SF like MKG or trade down to get barnes

or release rip and use some money saved by getting rid of deng's contract to sign an SF

some options to look at

Last edited:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
ya, though having a couple of guys besides rose who can create helps offset that need, but you do need that dimension...

one possibility is to trade rip and the #5 pick for a nice wing guy..or use the #5 pick to get a defensive minded SF like MKG or trade down to get barnes

or release rip and use some money saved by getting rid of deng's contract to sign an SF

some options to look at

Hmm...not sure how many good wings would be available honestly.

Then we'd need to address the need for another backup big man as well.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hmm...not sure how many good wings would be available honestly.

Then we'd need to address the need for another backup big man as well.

yep alot of extra things to be done with that trade

good is a loose term...it can be a servicable one

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yep alot of extra things to be done with that trade

good is a loose term...it can be a servicable one

I think at that point we could make do with a Battier/Bowen type SF. A good defender who can knock down the 3 fairly consistently. I'd say Trevor Ariza, but the guy has shot so bad the past few years that I'm a bit wary. :tiptoe:

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think at that point we could make do with a Battier/Bowen type SF. A good defender who can knock down the 3 fairly consistently. I'd say Trevor Ariza, but the guy has shot so bad the past few years that I'm a bit wary. :tiptoe:

ariza would be a good fit...i guess the issue is shooting but defensively he is a great fit

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
Can we improve the team by trading Boozer,Brewer,Korver,Rip or CJ Watson? Do it. Deng and Noah must stay.

Any scenario that demands massive changes in the whole team would be a disaster. Trade Noah? OK. And who will play 5? Asik? LOL! Noah isn't that good but he is above average. With Asik as a starter it would be like playing with 4 guys in offence.

Trade Noah for #5 pick then trade #5 pick for a SF, then trade Deng for a C... Awful!

Of course there are several ways to improve your team but breaking up the team for a guy with good potential or a guy who might fit well is risky.. You want to break up the whole team?? Noah+Deng+everything but Rose for Howard!Or Noah+Deng+everything but Rose for KLove! Nothing less. Otherwise try to do the best minor changes you can do by trading the players that you don't need.

The team as it is, is a ECF lock with great chances to make the finals for the next years for everyone (for me is a championship caliber team). If it wasn't then I could accept trading core players for players with great potential. But..IMO the only thing that this team needs is a better PF instead of Boozer or a younger SG than Rip. There is no need in trading Noah or Deng for something less than a superstar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.