1 Nash Chance: A Phoenix Association

CubbyBear2290

Graham Dougie=UNBEATABLE!
Liked Posts:
bird_logo_300.jpg

CubbyBear2290 has been hired to take on the tall task of GM of the Phoenix Suns an aging franchise with no real direction outside of having the great future Hall of Fame Point Guard, Steve Nash.

Steve Nash has had a great run as PG and leader of the Phoenix Suns and this being the final year of his deal in Phoenix, the Suns Organization is going to do the best it can to win with Nash this year, while also building towards the future.

Though this will not be an easy task for the new regime, it can be done, especially with the crafty veteran at point guard, as long as smart and calculated moves are made.

Making this even more difficult, is the fact that the average age of the Suns roster is 28.5 years old roughly. Not exactly spring chickens, and no real young cornerstone to build around.

Cubby and his crew are going to have their work cut out for them, but he is confident as to what he can do.

The roster is as follows:
Steve Nash/Daniel Gibson
Tyreke Evans/Shannon Brown
Dorell Wright/Josh Childress/Omri Casspi
Jason Thompson/Markieff Morris/James Johnson
Amir Johnson/Hassan Whiteside

At his press conference the new GM had this to say:
"This a job I honestly look forward to, I can leave my indelible mark and give the city of Phoenix what it has always deserved, a NBA Championship."

It is reported that Cubby is really only known to like 3 players on the roster. Those being Shannon Brown, Markieff Morris and of course Steve Nash.

*Bold=New players on roster after moves.

Last edited:

CubbyBear2290

Liked Posts:
Ill follow:fist:

im sure you wont rage quit like fisch has:troll:
<3

I don't rage quit lol. I was enjoying my raptor one until it corrupted data, 1 night ago after I had just gotten my team back up to .500 at 5-5 lol

CubbyBear2290

Liked Posts:
The new regime made it clear that youth and readiness was a must for this organization going forward. Well they made a portion of that dream become reality just before the start of the season by acquiring former 4th overall pick in the 2009 Draft Tyreke Evans.

Though it did come at a cost of Marcin Gortat, Grant Hill, Michael Redd and a '13 1st round pick. The Suns also will receive Jason Thompson and Hassan Whiteside in the deal. It looks like that is the kind of deal they were looking to make and they definitely have everything starting in the right direction.

Tyreke-evans1.jpg

CubbyBear2290

Liked Posts:
Continuing with their trend of younger players the Suns have made a 2nd move for SF Dorell Wright, who is still only 25 years old 6'7 and can knock down the open shots, and continues to make teh starting lineup more youthful and bigger with much more athleticism.

They moved sebastian telfair and 2nd round pick for him.

GYI0063309323_crop_450x500.jpg

CubbyBear2290

Liked Posts:
Suns have made the final 2 moves of their youth infusion and feel they have added just the right amount of "swagger", competitiveness, and explosion to keep up with Nash, while also being able to defend.

The final 2 moves are recorded as follows:

Ronnie Price, Hakim Warrick, Robin Lopez for Amir Johnson and James Johnson.

Boobie Gibson, Omri Casspi and a 2nd rounder for Channing Frye and Jared Dudley.

daniel%20gibson%202.jpg

Amir%2BJohnson%2BDunks%2BOn%2BAmare%2BStoudemire.jpg

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Suns have made the final 2 moves of their youth infusion and feel they have added just the right amount of "swagger", competitiveness, and explosion to keep up with Nash, while also being able to defend.

The final 2 moves are recorded as follows:

Ronnie Price, Hakim Warrick, Robin Lopez for Amir Johnson and James Johnson.

Boobie Gibson, Omri Casspi and a 2nd rounder for Channing Frye and Jared Dudley.

daniel%20gibson%202.jpg

Amir%2BJohnson%2BDunks%2BOn%2BAmare%2BStoudemire.jpg

IMO, idk why you made that last trade. But to each his own I guess.

CubbyBear2290

Liked Posts:
The Suns opened the season with a win over the OKC Thunder. In comeback fashion, non the less. Nash dropped 13 points and had 4 dimes in the victory and lead the charge in the comeback. Morris and Tyfreak both dropped 9 points, while getting to the line 6 times. While Jason Thompson and Boobie contributed 8 and 7 respectively.

220px-Steve_Nash_00054544.jpg

Last edited:

CubbyBear2290

Liked Posts:
Phoenix Routed at Home:
Kobe Bryant (26 pts and 10-16 from the field) and Lake Show beat the young and gunnin Suns by 19 in Phoenix. Despite efforts byby nash who had 13 and 9 and Johnson who had 12 and 6. It just wasn't their night, as Turnovers were very prevalent early. Evans had an off game going 1-8 from the field, having many shots rimouts early on and seemingly lose confidence during the game.

CubbyBear2290

Liked Posts:
The Phoenix Suns have started off similar to what their logo would suggest reinvented like a phoenix rising from the ashes and hot as the sun. They have started off 4-2 through their first 6 games, and arguably could be 5-1, had it not been for unbelievable shooting for Indiana in the most recent game.

Nash and the rest of the team seem to finally be getting comfortable with each other and Tyreke Evans seems to be finding his groove after struggling to settle in the first couple of games after the opener.

Following the game the Suns agreed to a 3 year extension with Jason Thompson and are excited that he is coming back. After this Pacers game in which the suns lost 76-69, they will be heading to Milwaukee for a date w/ the Bucks.

Nash was quoted as saying this after the Pacers loss;
"That was a tough loss to swallow, but at the end of the day, we played as best we could and they were playing unbelievable as well. We'll get 'em next time. But this team is fun to play on and we have a great group of guys who all get along well.

It's also to see a caliber of Tyreke's develop before our very eyes. I feel the franchise is in good hand with him here, after my time in the Desert has ended."