1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
dwight-howard-stan-van-gundy-awkward-interview.jpg

Magic Go On Despite Howard's Wishes

Dwight Howard announced to the media today that he would not be returning the Magic at the end of his contract. "I got my sights set on LA man. California girls. Movies, parties, all that good stuff. Boring Orlando is old and there's nothing to do."

Stan Van Gundy reiterated his commitment to the Magic, saying "This is what its all about. Believing in one another, despite the great odds that may separate us from a title, we got to do the best we can despite Howard's wishes. We'll prove to him and our fans that this team is a NBA champion."

In an odd move, the Magic reacquired Brandon Bass and Kenyon Dooling for Glen Davis and Ishamel Smith. "Since Dwight is leaving, we may as well start shedding cap room for someone," GM Otis Smith said. "We will not trade Dwight. That would put us back in a position of mediocrity. We'll either win with him or go down with him," he added.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Howard's Double-Double Leads Magic

Dwight Howard scored 29 points and grabbed 16 rebounds as the Magic scraped by Charlotte 100-94. JJ Redick was a perfect 6-6 from the field scoring 17 on the night.

"Man it feels great to win," Howard said "my mind is made up yet, I'm leaving Orlando."

Hedo Turkoglu, one of the quietest members of the team, and the most laid back screamed, "Hey STFU and GTFO. We want a title here. We're tired of your crap. Every single one of us. Either play or don't. We don't need you if you don't want to be here."

The locker room went silent after that tirade by Mr. cool and collected. as he's referred to by Jameer Nelson.

Who knows how Howard will respond in a game against the Miami Heat tomorrow night in South Beach.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I give this chise 5 games before it dies for one reason or another. :smug:

:troll:

don't quit fisch :pray:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Howard's 2 Point 4th Sinks Magic

Dwight Howard was playing like a man possessed the first 3 quarters of the game against Miami. He scored 36 points in those quarters and the Magic were leading by 6 at the start of the 4th. The Heat outscored the Magic 41-21 in the 4th as the Magic fell 130-116. Jason Richardson played 45 minutes on the night and announced to the media he has a sore knee that will limit his minutes the next week or two. "It sucks. It really does. I don't know how we can win with a player who can't score in the 4th or make free throws, and doesn't want to be here." Stan Van Gundy said after the game.

GM Otis Smith was seen on his phone presumably talking to Oklahoma City coach Scott Brooks about Kevin Durant according to a source.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Magic Trade Howard

GM Otis Smith announced on Thursday that the Orlando Magic have parted ways with their franchise center, trading Dwight Howard and Quentin Richardson to the Oklahoma City Thunder for 2 time scoring champion Kevin Durant and Cole Aldrich. In another trade with the Thunder, the Magic acquired Kendrick Perkins and Derek Fisher and OKC's first round pick in 2012 for Hedo Turkoglu and Daniel Orton.

Coach Stan Van Gundy is happy. "We wanted to trade Howard all along. After that :turrible: effort against Miami, we had to take OKC's more than generous offer. We're excited to have Kevin, Kendrick, Cole, and Derek. Hopefully those 4 add something to the Magic and can put us over Miami."

Dwight Howard was unable to be reached for comment.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
3461316959_24b36a6a7d_o.gif

Magic Acquire Ben Gordon

In his 3rd trade of the day, GM Otis Smith announced the Magic have acquired former 6th Man of the Year Ben Gordon and a 2nd round pick in exchange for Chris Duhon, JJ Redick, and Orlando's first round pick in 2013.
"We're excited to add Ben to our mix. He'll start as long as JRich's knee is bothering him. He's a professional, and we'll make sure to get him his minutes. We know what he can do in on the floor."

Ben Gordon on the trade "I'm happy to get out of that hellhole. It'll be nice to play with KD and on a relevant team again. I'll try to do my part in bringing Orlando a title."

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I simmed the rest of the season out and traded Perkins for an expiring in Jermaine O Neal.

Now I'm at the ECF against the Heat :nervous:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks