Soler Power: Cubs Minor League Thread v2

Which team/player excites you the most?

• Total voters

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Boise went to 12 innings last night. I made it half way through the game on the radio before I went to bed. Jose Arias pitched five shutout innings giving up 3 hits, no walks and 2 strikeouts. Apparently the team's standard gray road uniform didn't fit Arias correctly, and that is why the team wore their alternate Red uniforms. Jaimer Candelairo had a nice game with a double and scored the first run of the game. He also made a nice defensive play at 3B, which is good to hear since many are projecting that he will have to move to 1B or LF. Marco Hernandez went 2 for 5 on the night but made 2 errors at SS. Shawon Dunston Jr. was 0 for 3 but drew 2 walks. The Hawks as a whole were pretty patient at the plate and saw a lot of pitches generally. Matthew Spencer, a converted OF, came in the sixth and promptly gave up the lead. He got a swinging strikeout on a good curveball, but the catcher dropped the ball and the runner reached. He then got a groundball that was a tailor made double play ball and Marco Hernandez allowed it to go through his legs. Spencer wouldn't manage to make it through the sixth and gave up 2 runs (only one earned) in his debut as a pitcher. Boise got an uneared run in the ninth to tie the game to send it into extra innings. The Hawks would lose on a walk off fielder's choice in the 12th to start the year.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dunston Jr. will hopefully get on base better than his father did.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm sure he got to 2 walks quicker than his dad

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
ChicagoCubsOnline‏@TheCCO

RT @CarrieMuskat: Koyie Hill cleared waivers and was assigned outright to @IowaCubs. #Cubs

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....sorry needed break... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey, someone has to teach the young'uns how to catch like a legend :cubstroll:

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Randy Peterson‏@RandyPete

#GeovanySoto scratched from Iowa Cubs lineup again. The field's too moist. ChiCubs don't want to risk potential further injury.

Rather be save then sorry

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
So Gerardo Concepcion kinda sucks.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Former Cub Angel Guzman is in for mopup against the I-Cubs.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Vitters 4-for-4 :clap: BJax and RizzMan with doubles (BJax with 3 K's per usual)

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Justin Bour is in the final round of the Southern League Home Run Derby.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bour losing in the finals. He finished tied at the end of the first round but fell 2-1 in the second final to finish second.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Iowa Cubs‏@IowaCubs

Josh Vitters leads off the 6th with a solo HR! Iowa now trails Round Rock 6-3.

Still like to see him some time this year

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Still like to see him some time this year

Me too. But I was told, Team Theo is not high on Vitters and don't look at him as a player for the future. They may just wnt to keep him in Triple A.. As they think that's where his nest value will come from and if the Cubs ever decided to go for a top player, he can be a min pice in a trade.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Me too. But I was told, Team Theo is not high on Vitters and don't look at him as a player for the future. They may just wnt to keep him in Triple A.. As they think that's where his nest value will come from and if the Cubs ever decided to go for a top player, he can be a min pice in a trade.

i could see that. Doesnt take many walks and DEF avg at best