Stewart = DL

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Colvin is loving Coors (What hitter doesn't) and Stewart can't even maintain a .200 average

If you look closer, Colvin hasn't had that many plate appearances, plays sparingly despite his average, still doesn't walk and still strikes out a ton. So that's your grain of salt right there. I'm glad he's doing well, but he's not as good as his numbers say he is. The power is nice though.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
His BABIP is pretty high as well at .346...

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
His BABIP is pretty high as well at .346...

That's probably because even if the ball doesn't go into orbit, Coors Field is a cavern. But you probably already knew that.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Which made Stewart better then he ever was. If Colvin is just getting lucky with Coors what made any Cub fan think Stewart would be decent in Chicago? If Stewart couldnt hit in COL then he def cant hit anywhere else like he has proved.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
The rationale is that even when Stewart wasn't putting bat on ball, he still has a good OBP minus AVG split. So if he ever finds his power again, that type of player is more valuable than Colvin could be. It obviously didn't work out, but trades aren't always going to work out no matter how good the GM is.

It is unlikely, unfortunately, that Stewart will find the good offensive form again if his wrist is messed up. So I guess we have to hope that his wrist doesn't need surgery and that he can recover quickly and efficiently. Wrist injuries are really bad news for power hitters.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Thought it was DFAed thread :pity:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
He isn't going to be DFA'd. As Rice has been saying Stewart will get to the end of the year, and if they don't think he has a shot at rebounding they will nontender him.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He isn't going to be DFA'd. As Rice has been saying Stewart will get to the end of the year, and if they don't think he has a shot at rebounding they will nontender him.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIVjs2pjVyI]Barman Doesn't Know What Coffee Is - The Simpsons - YouTube[/ame]

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bruce Miles‏@BruceMiles2112

#Cubs 3B Stewart says wrist still sore.

YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
But, but Valbuena can't even hit .200...

We all knew that Valbuena sucked. Cub fans were acting like Stewart was going to come here and be good. I was just annoyed with him cause I knew he couldnt hit a lick but people were thinking he could

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you are cheering for the guy that has hit at least league average production for his position already in the majors to continue to be hurt because you want to be right that he can't hit. And you are happy that means a guy that is 7 months younger who has never shown any ability to hit at the major league level will continue to get playing time. Those are some priorities.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you are cheering for the guy that has hit at least league average production for his position already in the majors to continue to be hurt because you want to be right that he can't hit. And you are happy that means a guy that is 7 months younger who has never shown any ability to hit at the major league level will continue to get playing time. Those are some priorities.

I just like being right :smoke:

Stewart was overated cause of Coors. Coors made him serviceable. I knew once he out of Coors he would do exactly what he doing. Stewart was never going to the answer at 3B

2SeamHeat

I Know Nuffing!!!!!
Liked Posts:
I just like being right :smoke:

Stewart was overated cause of Coors. Coors made him serviceable. I knew once he out of Coors he would do exactly what he doing. Stewart was never going to the answer at 3B

Yet... Stewart had better numbers away from Coors overall in his 2 decent to good years...

2009: .221 BA 13 HR in Coors... .235 BA 12 HR on the road.
2010: .266 BA 6 HR in Coors... .248 BA 12 HR on the road.

2SeamHeat

I Know Nuffing!!!!!
Liked Posts:
Because Valbuena has certainly been the answer :rolleyes:

Dab, can you bash Valbuena more prior to his ABs? So far tonight, he's 2/2 with a RBI double... just missed a 3-run shot.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yet... Stewart had better numbers away from Coors overall in his 2 decent to good years...

2009: .221 BA 13 HR in Coors... .235 BA 12 HR on the road.
2010: .266 BA 6 HR in Coors... .248 BA 12 HR on the road.

Those numbers are still godawfful on the road. So again why did people think he would hit? :shrug:

2SeamHeat

I Know Nuffing!!!!!
Liked Posts:
Those numbers are still godawfful on the road. So again why did people think he would hit? :shrug:

I don't think anyone was expecting him to hit .300... but the power potential was certainly there. Of course... that was before he's proven the wrist is a much bigger issue than originally believed.

I don't care that we lost Colvin in that trade. He wasn't a piece of the puzzle anyway... and basically Stewart pretty much was the 3B version of Colvin. What ticks me off about that trade was losing LeMahieu so that they could add in that crap load Weathers.