Stewart = DL

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think anyone was expecting him to hit .300... but the power potential was certainly there. Of course... that was before he's proven the wrist is a much bigger issue than originally believed.

I don't care that we lost Colvin in that trade. He wasn't a piece of the puzzle anyway... and basically Stewart pretty much was the 3B version of Colvin. What ticks me off about that trade was losing LeMahieu so that they could add in that crap load Weathers.

i dont think Colvin would have been any better. I just cant stand Stewart. I understand where your coming from with LeMahieu. Dont think he be anything either. Basically a Barney type

2SeamHeat

I Know Nuffing!!!!!
Liked Posts:
i dont think Colvin would have been any better. I just cant stand Stewart. I understand where your coming from with LeMahieu. Dont think he be anything either. Basically a Barney type

Ehh, I think DJL could have provided a bit more pop (more doubles and triples rather than HR) and a much better BA. Plus, he's a pretty slick fielding 2B. He's certainly better than what we got back in Weathers.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dab, can you bash Valbuena more prior to his ABs? So far tonight, he's 2/2 with a RBI double... just missed a 3-run shot.

It would be awesome if he could hit anything like he has in AAA, but one nice night doesn't improve the odds of that transfering this time around.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't like Vitters but I wonder if this news means that he'll be up sometime soon.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vitters needs to play everyday in Iowa right now. If they move Barney for example then I could see Vitters getting a call, but I think the day Iowa's season is done when Vitters will get called up.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vitters needs to play everyday in Iowa right now. If they move Barney for example then I could see Vitters getting a call, but I think the day Iowa's season is done when Vitters will get called up.

I think he gets the call in SEPT also

If they do somehow get a decent spec for Barney i could see Valbuena moved to 2B with Vitters going to 3rd though

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
We're probably looking at a non-tender and then a re-sign for a shot out of spring training.

Yeah that is probably the scenario. I don't know if the Cubs can negotiate a salary significantly lower without non-tendering, but that would seem the most likely scenario.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont care if they non tender him and give him minor league deal but they better not offer him ARB. that would be just wasting money. If Cubs want to waste 3 mil they can just send me the check. I could put up Stewart numbers :troll:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah that is probably the scenario. I don't know if the Cubs can negotiate a salary significantly lower without non-tendering, but that would seem the most likely scenario.

Even if they non-tender I think the players union bylaws restrict a paycut to only about 20% of the previous year's salary. I forgot where I read that and could in fact be totally wrong.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even if they non-tender I think the players union bylaws restrict a paycut to only about 20% of the previous year's salary. I forgot where I read that and could in fact be totally wrong.

if they non tender, they can offer a minor league deal after a certain date. Not sure what that date is

That 20% is you can can only offer 20% less in ARB

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Now maybe Stewart will be fixed and can get back to the player he was supposed to be. Kinda opposite of the kid in Rookie of the Year. That's some good Cubbery we need.