Who Should Be The All Star(s) As Of Now For The Cubs?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lahair for sure.

Too bad wins and losses count for the all star gam because I say Demp deserves to be there.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dumpster and HaIr deserve it. though it is hard to argue that a team this bad deserves more than 1 rep.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm thinking that they'll choose Dempster anyway. LaHair's cooled down a ton but he might back up Votto. Maybe Starlin Castro but he's cooled down as well. I don't think they will hold Dempster's record against him considering how well he has pitched all season, including today so far.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I say nobody....

Nobody on this team deserves to go, but MLBs stupid ass rule i guess someone has to

whoever goes shoudn't be be proud to represent the scrubs at the all star game...:lol:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dumpster and HaIr deserve it. though it is hard to argue that a team this bad deserves more than 1 rep.

LaHair is the rep for sure right now.

anyone who says castro in this thread is crazy.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it will be Dempster as well. Though I guess he'd only be allowed to pitch if he didn't pitch on the Sunday before the game.

Castro's bat being cool is going to hurt him a lot. They usually pick a random All-Star who can play multiple positions but none of the utility guys on this team is going to cut it. No relievers either. Garza isn't pitching as well as he should be and Samardzija is an unknown (i.e. you don't know if he'll suck or not on any given day). I think LaHair is a long shot not to mention that he is probably blocked as a 1B, but his advantage is not none of the other 1B in the league besides Votto has been decent. Maybe Adam LaRoche.

I could actually see both LaHair and Demp going.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dempster, LaHair, or Soriano

LaHair would be an odd choice as of right now just because he's not even playing every day

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
It's gotta be Dempster as the lone rep and then we'll see on others.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Demp, LaHair for sure

Demp been a top 10 pitcher in MLB. LaHair been 2nd best 1B in NL easy

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Demp, LaHair for sure

Demp been a top 10 pitcher in MLB. LaHair been 2nd best 1B in NL easy

LaHair isn't even playing every day right now. He's sitting against most lefties.

Also, 1B is a pretty weak sauce position this year after Votto. Freeman is really the only other "name" out there other than Berkman..who was scorching hot before injury.

Saying LaHair isn't the 2nd best 1B in the NL doesn't really carry much weight.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
LaHair isn't even playing every day right now. He's sitting against most lefties.

Also, 1B is a pretty weak sauce position this year after Votto. Freeman is really the only other "name" out there other than Berkman..who was scorching hot before injury.

Saying LaHair isn't the 2nd best 1B in the NL doesn't really carry much weight.

Ok but that still doesnt mean he dont deserve to be on the all star team. Not his fault rest of NL 1B suck. He is the 2nd best 1B in NL so deserves to be the backup.

Also how can Berkman be scorching hot when he has 1 HR and 4 RBI on the year :turrible:

Lance Berkman Stats, News, Pictures, Bio, Videos - St. Louis Cardinals - ESPN

Last edited by a moderator:

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok but that still doesnt mean he dont deserve to be on the all star team. Not his fault rest of NL 1B suck. He is the 2nd best 1B in NL so deserves to be the backup.
Meh. Maybe.

Like I said. Dude is a platoon player right now and sitting against lefties. I think it's a pretty sad indictment if you have a position player make the ASG and he's not even playing every day.

Also how can Berkman be scorching hot when he has 1 HR and 4 RBI on the year
Because he was hot before he got hurt?

The hell kind of question is that?

Me: Berkman was hot before he got hurt

*d3a posts stats showing Berkman was hot before getting hurt*
"How can you say he was hot?!?!?!"

Me: :obama:

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meh. Maybe.

Like I said. Dude is a platoon player right now and sitting against lefties. I think it's a pretty sad indictment if you have a position player make the ASG and he's not even playing every day.

Because he was hot before he got hurt?

The hell kind of question is that?

Me: Berkman was hot before he got hurt

*d3a posts stats showing Berkman was hot before getting hurt*
"How can you say he was hot?!?!?!"

Me: :obama:

Berkman hasnt played enough to be able to say he was hot :lmao:

you = :turrible: posting

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Berkman was OPSing 1.000 in his limited playing time. So FT's assertion that he was "hot" isn't without merit.

There's a case for LaHair to be picked as a backup but that's more of a "we can't find anyone better" case than saying he's that good. He WAS that good but now he's just average, which isn't a bad thing, just means he's not all that. His overall line still looks great though.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Berkman hasnt played enough to be able to say he was hot :lmao:

you = :turrible: posting

13 games= enough games to say he was hot.

Say Bryan Lahair hits .333 over his next 13 games. Would you still be waiting for the 14th game before saying he was "hot"?

What's your cut off for saying a player was "hot"?

15 games?

20?

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
13 games= enough games to say he was hot.

Say Bryan Lahair hits .333 over his next 13 games. Would you still be waiting for the 14th game before saying he was "hot"?

What's your cut off for saying a player was "hot"?

15 games?

20?

So your saying 13 games of so called "hot streak" makes him elgible for All star talk?

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, "hot" and "cold" aren't true barometers of how good a player is. Every player can get "hot". Even Koyie Hill has "hot" streaks (for him anyway :lol:)

It merely means that they strung together a bunch of hits or got on base or hit a bunch of homers, it doesn't mean they're going to sustain it.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, "hot" and "cold" aren't true barometers of how good a player is. Every player can get "hot". Even Koyie Hill has "hot" streaks (for him anyway :lol:)

It merely means that they strung together a bunch of hits or got on base or hit a bunch of homers, it doesn't mean they're going to sustain it.

exactly. Back to the main argument. LaHair deseves to be in all star game cause he has been top 2 1B in NL this year.