Who Should Be The All Star(s) As Of Now For The Cubs?

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Geovany "The Beast" Soto

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think Dempster is the most likely candidate. LaHair and Castro are likely de facto backups too because I just looked at the leaderboards for both 1B and SS and those positions are trash.

yep i think dempster is punching his ticket in, the bar for castro would be the non-fan voting for back ups..and while the NL SS crop,statistically, is piss poor he's not exactly standing out...likewise for LaHair..plus you almost have to expect his stats to negatively deviate

we'll see

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Carlos Marmol :troll:
But really Dempster will be the Cubs rep at the ASG

ZDemp34

That One Guy
Liked Posts:
If Dempster is still on the team, then it will definitely be him. If not, it'll be Castro or LaHair....probs not more than one player though

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Was just looking at the SS leaderboards. If Tulo is still on the DL or not 100% by the time the ASG arrives I can definitely see Starlin Castro filling in as a backup. One of the better SS options to fill in for Tulo is Jed Lowrie of Houston. I don't know if it's the Crawford boxes or what (haven't checked the splits) but he's got 13 HR right now and walks a ton.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are they?

He leads NL Shortstops in BA (.295) and RBI (34), is 2nd in steals (16), 5th in HRs, 1st in Triples (5), and 5th in slugging %.

I don't think he'll go, but let's not kid ourselves and pretend ppl get voted in based on Fielding %.

I think Tulo will be the started based on popularity....but then who? Reyes? B/c Miami has so many fans?

This is very accurate. Castro won't go because Tulo/Reyes will win the voting and Jed Lowrie should be the backup.

If it were just top two shortstops be hard pressed to find a better second SS than Castro. Its not that Castro is playing well its the NL SS's are just awful.

LaHair should get in for the same reason, because NL 1B are horrible.

Dempster is a maybe for me. Great ERA, but been on the DL twice already, thought he could make it as a pinch runner.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trololol. I had forgotten about Reyes, I guess if you had a choice between Reyes and Castro you'd choose Reyes due to name recognition.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Would you? I can't believe I am going to say this but I think Castro's name is out there in popularity amongst non Cub fans

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Look how powerful that STL block is.