Does Dempster Make His Next Start In A Cubs Uniform?

Does Dempster Make His Next Start In A Cubs Uniform?

• Total voters

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it's still a bit too early to trade. The Cubs are probably working on lining up the desperate teams as a lot of starters are going down. I think Dempster makes one more start (against the White Sox I believe?) and then he might be dealt after that.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it is being overblown how close he is to being traded. I wouldn't be shocked if it happened before the next start, but I expect him to get a chance to continue the scoreless inning streak in a Cubs uniform.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Votes yes b/c you simply can't trade away your only remaining talent and expect people to pay these outrageous tic prices.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope not but I think so. He's playing so much better than he actually is though. He could crash back down to reality at any time.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I say he makes 1-3 more starts but he needs to be traded ASAP

Sent via Tapatalk on Droid RAZR MAXX

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
No I don't think he will. Prediction: He's traded to the Dodgers by tomorrow sometime.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
He makes it as a Chicagoan. White Sox that is against the Cubs :)

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
Ryan Steele ‏@wcrtchicago
According to the Boston Globe's Nick Cafardo, the #Dodgers ''could pull the trigger soon'' on a trade for #Cubs Ryan Dempster.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting, I am very curious to see what the haul for him will be. It could be very low like Dewey and others have suggested due to his age, contract, and no longer being eligible for compensation when dealt. Or it could be quite good since they are very few sellers at this point and Dempster is the best available pitcher out there.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Not that I particularly care, but who would take Dempster's spot in the rotation?

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
if we trade him this soon I am guessing the haul will be better than expected.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not that I particularly care, but who would take Dempster's spot in the rotation?

I'm guessing Coleman or Wells would get first crack at it. Volstad has been pretty bad in AAA. I would guess that Chris Rusin eventually gets a shot, but I think the guys making some cash would get the first cracks at re-establishing themselves.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting, I am very curious to see what the haul for him will be. It could be very low like Dewey and others have suggested due to his age, contract, and no longer being eligible for compensation when dealt. Or it could be quite good since they are very few sellers at this point and Dempster is the best available pitcher out there.

There will be more sellers at the deadline though and teams that are contending know that.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
There will be more sellers at the deadline though and teams that are contending know that.

Your position is clear. we won't know if it is right for a few days at least it seems.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
sox hit well against demp. hope for his sake he doesnt get shelled.

If his amazing performance to date isn't inflating his value now, then a rough outing against the Sox shouldn't deflate it either. Dempster is a known quantity as you've been telling us.

ZDemp34

That One Guy
Liked Posts:
As unlikely as it seems, I hope he does get traded before his next start, so he can leave on a good note. Giving up no ERs and going 2-2 with a triple is a perfect way to end his time here.