• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sox-Cubs series draws lowest attendance - Chicago Cubs Blog - ESPN Chicago

CHICAGO -- The Chicago Cubs-Chicago White Sox interleague series from Monday-Wednesday drew the lowest three-game paid attendance total since the teams began interleague play began in 1997.

The Cubs-White Sox series drew a paid attendance total of 95,808 fans over the three games at U.S. Cellular Field from Monday-Wednesday. The previous lowest three-game paid attendance total was 106,563 at U.S. Cellular Field last season.

The two teams drew 113,539 fans over three games at Wrigley Field last month. It was also the lowest three-game paid attendance total in the series’ history at Wrigley Field.

This week’s Cubs-White Sox series had a paid attendance of 33,215 fans on Monday, 30,282 fans on Tuesday and 33,215 fans on Wednesday. The series also drew 34,937 fans on May 18. The series hadn’t had less than a paid attendance of 35,000 fans for a game prior to this season.

The highest three-game total came at Comiskey Park in 2002 when the series drew a paid attendance total of 137,320 fans.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
$85 for bleacher seats.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
$85 for bleacher seats.

there were some for 15 bucks. gotta use ticket exchange.

also i think a lot of this has to do with 1)the economy and 2)the cubs being really bad and cub fans being pissed.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:

also i think a lot of this has to do with 1)the economy and 2)the cubs being really bad and cub fans being pissed.

How'd the crowds look on TV? It seemed half-and-half to me.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Quick article from Desipio about AJ forgetting how many outs there were last night and the reaction to that.

aww butts are still hurt over castro. the difference is an established mlb player, the other one is still raw, still learning, and has had a reputation for being bad in the field.

Also thornton, and the whole team including mckay all walked off the field.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
aww butts are still hurt over castro. the difference is an established mlb player, the other one is still raw, still learning, and has had a reputation for being bad in the field.

Also thornton, and the whole team including mckay all walked off the field.

The reaction to Castro was overblown at the time, and the article correctly points that out.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think there were a couple glaring differences and I may be remiss in not looking it up and just relying on my terrible memory...

In Castro's case, there was little chance he could turn the DP but a run did score on the play and that was a major brain fart. The venom spewed against him was overblown but you can't say it was unjustified.

In the Sox's case, there was nobody on base and they were winning by a ton so it wasn't like it affected the outcome of the game.

I sort of get what they are arguing, but my feeling is that everything is overblown. I mean, even people who make hundreds of thousands to millions per year to play baseball lose their focus and over 162 games you're going to see some really stupid shit. Life will go on.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
you guys are very sensitive when it comes to cub players.

not Koyie Hill. he's a legend.

koyie_hill_is_lost_cubs.jpg

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets

Sure, there are plenty of good and somewhat cheap tickets on second-hand sites, but that still doesn't excuse the Sox for just plain out gauging people.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
They all do it. I believe the Cubs ticket was higher

Status
Not open for further replies.