1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Per Rogers:
Look for the Cubs to play David DeJesus in center and Bryan LaHair in right regularly after the way it worked in Monday's 12-3 victory over the White Sox. “After today, (we'll use it) probably every day,’’ Dale Sveum said, laughing. “Depending on what we do at first base, LaHair is going to be out there quite a bit with DeJesus in center field, against right-handed pitchers.’’ Robin Ventura cited LaHair's warning-track grab against Gordon Beckham in the first inning as a "key'' for the Cubs, and Theo Epstein dropped a nice compliment on LaHair. "Looked like Dwight Evans out there,’’ he said on his way to the clubhouse. LaHair says he has played more left field than right but was ready to break back because of the way the 25-mph wind was pushing balls in batting practice. Said LaHair: "I was pretty much ready for it. The ball was hit. I got a good read on it.''

Sounds like Rizzo debut in 5 days to me

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think there's a chance they keep Rizzo down to avoid Super Two, but at this point they probably don't really care anymore, they just want to see what he can do at MLB now.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think there's a chance they keep Rizzo down to avoid Super Two, but at this point they probably don't really care anymore, they just want to see what he can do at MLB now.

I think you called it earlier in the season when you said they didn't care about super 2 but just keeping the extra year of control. The moves now seem to be pointing to Rizzo coming up sooner than later.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
hes here to save the season.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwUZq4xqsoo]Remy Zero - "Save Me" Official Video - YouTube[/ame]

ZDemp34

That One Guy
Liked Posts:
:woot: :crazydance:

Cubbies

Liked Posts:
Hey, on my MLB 2K12 Franchise with the Cubs Rizzo owns. Just sayin

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
do you guys think that when he comes up, his first at bat all games on mlb tv will go to his first at bat?

:troll:

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
do you guys think that when he comes up, his first at bat all games on mlb tv will go to his first at bat?

:troll:

In all seriousness, probably not. He's not Bryce Harper or Mike Trout.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rizzo is clearly a step below Trout/Harper. I am curious what your guys expectations for Rizzo are in the near future because I get the sense that many of you are going to be disappointed.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rizzo is clearly a step below Trout/Harper. I am curious what your guys expectations for Rizzo are in the near future because I get the sense that many of you are going to be disappointed.

That is why I made my sracastic post. In chicago that is all that is talked about. Is it because the cubs suck and its the only thing to try to look forward too? media driven? could be. I think way too many people have him shoed in for being this savior. Not saying you, but generally, the media, the fans on message boards, the fans on the radio etc. its chicago where fans get excited and than kicked in the nuts.

Shawon_Dunston

Liked Posts:
The next new thing is always going to be over hyped, especially considering the suck of the current major league team. But yeah, people need to temper their expectations.

Chris J

Chris Jelinek
Liked Posts:
What would you guys do with the lineup? I have two thoughts. Would you put him in the 3rd spot? Behind Castro and before Soriano. so hes well protected in the lineup. or would you put go castro lahair soriano then rizzo?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is why I made my sracastic post. In chicago that is all that is talked about. Is it because the cubs suck and its the only thing to try to look forward too? media driven? could be. I think way too many people have him shoed in for being this savior. Not saying you, but generally, the media, the fans on message boards, the fans on the radio etc. its chicago where fans get excited and than kicked in the nuts.

Funny you should mention that since I happened to have written this for World Series Dreaming yesterday about that topic.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
What would you guys do with the lineup? I have two thoughts. Would you put him in the 3rd spot? Behind Castro and before Soriano. so hes well protected in the lineup. or would you put go castro lahair soriano then rizzo?

Bobby Cox always said something to the effect of hitting players where they were supposed to hit. Essentially if Rizzo is supposed to be a middle of the order hitter, he ought to be hitting in the middle of the order in Chicago. I think you have to plug him in the 3 or 4 spot, and if you are keeping the lineup essentially the same then the 3rd spot makes the most sense.

Shawon_Dunston

Liked Posts:
Yeah, my first preference would be 3rd. If not 3rd, then 5th.