Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
no. its everything is always good, and anytime anyone says anything negative you guys cry like bitches. zomfg you cantz say that about the hawkz they are awesome

So...anybody who disagrees with you?

Sent via Tapatalk on Droid RAZR MAXX

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
:turrible:

the focus should be on the top 6....all that is needed is a 2c. thats it, but that is huge! if you feel comfortable with 2 players coming off concussions and a player who will have to repeat himself in stalberg in the top 6....than grrreat.....but wear your jock strap because you will probably get kicked in the nuts.

Only a homer would think that the 2c position is the only hole on the Blackhawks.

They need more than that and I would take another solid Dman over a 2C right now.

Is a 2C going to help score more goals? Sure, but that isn't the Blackhawks issue one bit considering they were 2nd in the conference. Is a 2C going to help the opposing team score less? Sure, but not as much as a big dman would or a goalie to possibly take over for Crawford.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Only a homer would think that the 2c position is the only hole on the Blackhawks.

They need more than that and I would take another solid Dman over a 2C right now.

Is a 2C going to help score more goals? Sure, but that isn't the Blackhawks issue one bit considering they were 2nd in the conference. Is a 2C going to help the opposing team score less? Sure, but not as much as a big dman would or a goalie to possibly take over for Crawford.

duh. you need both. But again to think that your top 6 is going to produce at the same level next year is fucking stupid. you need a 2c first and than add a dman that can be in the 2nd pairing. There will be regression in the top 6, that is for sure so you have no choice but to add the 2c. Again if you want to go off last years numbers.....go for it.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol...no response again

"lulz" what? response to what? your dumb ass post about disagreeing with me? that needs a response? whats so hard about understanding that anything anyone says negative about the hawks you and a few others get your butts hurt. not about disagreeing with me but any media member, message board user, etc etc....some of you cry like babies over it.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
duh. you need both. But again to think that your top 6 is going to produce at the same level next year is fucking stupid. you need a 2c first and than add a dman that can be in the 2nd pairing. There will be regression in the top 6, that is for sure so you have no choice but to add the 2c. Again if you want to go off last years numbers.....go for it.

Why will there be regression?

Kane had a down year last year, is he going to regress again this year or return to form?
Toews missed a lot of last year, is he going to again?
Stalberg finally figured it out, is he going to get worse?
Sharp was out with a wrist injury, is he going to get injured again?

Honestly, no one knows if the top 6 is going to move forward, back, or stay the same. Sure Hossa is a question mark right now, but I rather him be a question mark in June than October. For you to assume already that they will regress is pretty ridiculous and there is no logical thought behind it really.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
"lulz" what? response to what? your dumb ass post about disagreeing with me? that needs a response? whats so hard about understanding that anything anyone says negative about the hawks you and a few others get your butts hurt. not about disagreeing with me but any media member, message board user, etc etc....some of you cry like babies over it.

And your crying like a baby about people disagreeing with you. Lulz

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I also think that most of the hate for the article besides the skimming of the article hasto do with who posted this article.

No it has to do with the sports acumen of Rosenbloom. The writer who gave us the great line of, Tommie Harris lines up closest to the football; which means, he should have the most sacks on the roster. The man has a history of being fractally wrong interpenetrating where the actual reality of certain issues exist.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No it has to do with the sports acumen of Rosenbloom. The writer who gave us the great line of, Tommie Harris lines up closest to the football; which means, he should have the most sacks on the roster. The man has a history of being fractally wrong interpenetrating where the actual reality of certain issues exist.

well finally a post with some thought! see that wasnt hard people.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why will there be regression?

Kane had a down year last year, is he going to regress again this year or return to form?
Toews missed a lot of last year, is he going to again?
Stalberg finally figured it out, is he going to get worse?
Sharp was out with a wrist injury, is he going to get injured again?

Honestly, no one knows if the top 6 is going to move forward, back, or stay the same. Sure Hossa is a question mark right now, but I rather him be a question mark in June than October. For you to assume already that they will regress is pretty ridiculous and there is no logical thought behind it really.

Kane will be super duper because it was "his wrist" that caused him to be bad. 10 points higher maybe, maybe. which is small

Toews did miss a lot of last year but if you knew about concussions he may not be exactly the same player as last year.

stalberg figured it out? what?!?!?! because he had a good season you figured it out?!!?! wow!

Ok go ahead and think all will be fine and we dont need anyone to help in the top 6 as a priority.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Kane will be super duper because it was "his wrist" that caused him to be bad. 10 points higher maybe, maybe. which is small

Toews did miss a lot of last year but if you knew about concussions he may not be exactly the same player as last year.

stalberg figured it out? what?!?!?! because he had a good season you figured it out?!!?! wow!

Ok go ahead and think all will be fine and we dont need anyone to help in the top 6 as a priority.

Its not that we DONT NEED a top 6 guy, it is that we have other holes to fill which will have a more profound impact.

That being said, if the first move of the offseason is trading for staal, ill be :fap: ing all day

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

Ok go ahead and think all will be fine and we dont need anyone to help in the top 6 as a priority

The top 6 needs help ... but why should it be the priority?

Hawks scored 2nd most goals in the West last season. Gave up the 3rd most.

So, by Rosenbloom's logic, the Hawks should take away from their defense to add a forward.

How does that make sense?

Only way the Hawks should be moving a defenseman is if they have Ryan Suter or the name of other defenseman drying in ink on the contract they just signed.

Oh, and I skimmed over the part on concussions because he was close to having a fair argument there. But he was way off on his other statements, particularly the Jack Johnson trade mention.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only argument that gives me pause to upgrade the forwards and neglecting the defense is if 2 legitimate top six forwards are brought in. In doing so, the team would be so much better possessing the puck resulting in less time is spent in their own zone and in-turn, fewer goals against. This is why I think the organization retained Oduya--which I question their evaluation of his puck possession abilities. He is a skater, yes, but a "possesser?" Mmm..no.

This is a philosophy that may work; however the possession game crumbles when you don't have a reliable tender or forwards who cannot execute.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The only argument that gives me pause to upgrade the forwards and neglecting the defense is if 2 legitimate top six forwards are brought in. In doing so, the team would be so much better possessing the puck resulting in less time is spent in their own zone and in-turn, fewer goals against. This is why I think the organization retained Oduya--which I question their evaluation of his puck possession abilities. He is a skater, yes, but a "possesser?" Mmm..no.

This is a philosophy that may work; however the possession game crumbles when you don't have a reliable tender.

Adding forwards while subtracting defensemen could have the Hawks looking like the Penguins did in this year's playoffs. With that much offense, I think Chicago would roll through the regular season but they could be in trouble when the postseason arrived. You've gotta find that happy medium between offense and defense ... but it's not easy to do.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

Must've glanced over this the first time. Wanna hear more about this.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Must've glanced over this the first time. Wanna hear more about this.

you do know that people have re occuring symptoms months to years after a concussion right? you do know that a hit that may not be a concussion when the player has never had one but could actually become a concussion alot easier? just curious. its not all rainbows on the top 6.

Sent from my Asshole using Tapatalk

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
you do know that people have re occuring symptoms months to years after a concussion right? you do know that a hit that may not be a concussion when the player has never had one but could actually become a concussion alot easier? just curious. its not all rainbows on the top 6.

Sent from my Asshole using Tapatalk

Well aware. I've had more concussions than I count.

Like I said, I didn't dispute that point because that's a fair point. Still very worried about Hossa. I'd be more worried about Toews if he hadn't played at the end of last season.

But, typically, I don't believe those symptoms develop out of thin air--they're consistent. So, if Toews was back on the ice for the playoffs, he was symptom free. They've got some really good psychological tests that they run on players before they get back to the ice now.

Yeah, Toews is certainly susceptible to another hit causing him another concussion. But every player, on every shift, is just one hit away from having a serious concussion problem, regardless of their history. Just ask Hossa.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Adding forwards while subtracting defensemen could have the Hawks looking like the Penguins did in this year's playoffs. With that much offense, I think Chicago would roll through the regular season but they could be in trouble when the postseason arrived. You've gotta find that happy medium between offense and defense ... but it's not easy to do.

I don't disagree with you, but recent history shows that the organization does. The past two trade deadlines where the need was painfully obvious for a SAH big physical type, the players the organization acquired nowhere near fit that profile (Campoli and Oduya).