The Official NBA 2K13 Discussion Thread

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
i'll be completely honest, I think the game is horrible. The servers still suck and team play isn't that great. You miss a lot of easy layups and I find you miss dunks on a regular basis. On top of that, trades get super annoying when you're doing an association. Other GM's always try to screw you. I remember one team offered me Rubio and Pekovic for D Rose and a 1st round pick. It gets really annoying.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Who gon stop me huh?
BBlW11cCUAAOrS4.jpg

Got Lebron for 1yr/$3.63 million (I guess he held out for a title contender, so I signed him for a "reduced salary so he can chase a title"). Wall was a trade for Butler, Fredette who were both high-80's (I upped their potential ratings to 90) & 1st rd pick. Chandler via a trade for Noah. Jabari via the draft (Got #1 pick via trade for Boozer, Teague, 1st & 2nd rd picks)

now that you say that, I forgot to add that in my other post. When LeBron is eligible to terminate his contract in 14, he ended up doing so and I got him on something crazy like a 3 yr 6 million deal. He had dropped 1 OVR but was still a 98. Another thing which REALLY annoys the shit out of me is ratings in the game. How fucking dumb do you have to be to give blake griffin a higher mid range shot than ray allen? what sense does that even make. I also can't understand how someone can have an 80+ rating at the 3 then only in the 60s for a mid range. That doesn't even make sense. I think Kyle Lowry has an 82 3pt then a 67 mid range. It's asinine. Then you get to the player ratings, which have always sucked in 2k. Back in 2k9 almost everyone had over an 80, I specifically remember Delonte West at an 85. Rondo, before he was even a big name and was considered a weak link on Boston before they won the title, had an 89 OVR. Now a player, in most cases, is either rated way to low or way to high. I honestly can't wait for live to come back because it's gotten to the point where I can't play an up to date game because 2k is horrible.

bbaker

Liked Posts:
The most recent versions of NBA Live were the worst games I've ever played.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
i'll be completely honest, I think the game is horrible. The servers still suck and team play isn't that great. You miss a lot of easy layups and I find you miss dunks on a regular basis. On top of that, trades get super annoying when you're doing an association. Other GM's always try to screw you. I remember one team offered me Rubio and Pekovic for D Rose and a 1st round pick. It gets really annoying.
Yeah their trade logic confuses me sometimes. Though I've been able to get some pretty decent to good trades in association. I guess it depends on what you're looking for too.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
now that you say that, I forgot to add that in my other post. When LeBron is eligible to terminate his contract in 14, he ended up doing so and I got him on something crazy like a 3 yr 6 million deal. He had dropped 1 OVR but was still a 98. Another thing which REALLY annoys the shit out of me is ratings in the game. How fucking dumb do you have to be to give blake griffin a higher mid range shot than ray allen? what sense does that even make. I also can't understand how someone can have an 80+ rating at the 3 then only in the 60s for a mid range. That doesn't even make sense. I think Kyle Lowry has an 82 3pt then a 67 mid range. It's asinine. Then you get to the player ratings, which have always sucked in 2k. Back in 2k9 almost everyone had over an 80, I specifically remember Delonte West at an 85. Rondo, before he was even a big name and was considered a weak link on Boston before they won the title, had an 89 OVR. Now a player, in most cases, is either rated way to low or way to high. I honestly can't wait for live to come back because it's gotten to the point where I can't play an up to date game because 2k is horrible.
Can't explain the Lebron thing, but when it comes to the shooting ratings, it is possible for a player to be really good at shooting 3s, but not very good from midrange. Granted, it doesn't happen very often, but there are players like that. I remember Craig Ehlo back in the day was a good 3pt shooter, but couldn't shoot free throws at all. It happens. In general, I don't think the ratings are that bad this year. I think compared to years past they're a little lower on average since the ratings can go down to 25 (maybe they've been doing that the whole time, not sure since I've only played on a next gen system since last year).

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
2K > Live, and I was a live fan.

But 2K stopped developing the game since 08, which is where it fails IMO. Between 08 and 2k13, it's just one giant bug fix and feature add. No real improvements to gameplay, just fixing the existing issues. Hell, the biggest complaints in 08 werent fixed until 2k13! Same engine, same 3D models, same physics, same player attribute rules, and those are the things that most people consider to be the most important to improve gameplay ever year.

But guess what, you recolor the interface, add old teams, add some new mini-game modes, and people are in awe. OMFG, so shiny and pretty! Yeah, suckers. LOL 2K is pulling the same shit as EA.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
2K > Live, and I was a live fan.

But 2K stopped developing the game since 08, which is where it fails IMO. Between 08 and 2k13, it's just one giant bug fix and feature add. No real improvements to gameplay, just fixing the existing issues. Hell, the biggest complaints in 08 werent fixed until 2k13! Same engine, same 3D models, same physics, same player attribute rules, and those are the things that most people consider to be the most important to improve gameplay ever year.

But guess what, you recolor the interface, add old teams, add some new mini-game modes, and people are in awe. OMFG, so shiny and pretty! Yeah, suckers. LOL 2K is pulling the same shit as EA.
They basically just don't fix stuff so they have something to say they improved on for the next year. Marketing strategy. Add old teams that no one will really use ever (since you can't take them into association mode or anything like that) to distract them from the real issue. Did anyone else notice that there were several key players missing from those old rosters? Yeah they have AI and Barkley, but they lost Chris Webber and Dr. J.

That said, I still enjoy 2k far more than I ever did Live...and I played Live until it died without touching 2k. It's just frustrating that they don't fix issues that are easily fixed. It has to be deliberate.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
They basically just don't fix stuff so they have something to say they improved on for the next year. Marketing strategy. Add old teams that no one will really use ever (since you can't take them into association mode or anything like that) to distract them from the real issue. Did anyone else notice that there were several key players missing from those old rosters? Yeah they have AI and Barkley, but they lost Chris Webber and Dr. J.

That said, I still enjoy 2k far more than I ever did Live...and I played Live until it died without touching 2k. It's just frustrating that they don't fix issues that are easily fixed. It has to be deliberate.

Live 2003 was the last good Live. And even 2003 wasn't like amazing or anything, like 2k10 was, in fair assertions, pretty amazing for a NBA game. Live 99 was really the best of the whole Live series, but for obvious reasons, the graphics are really out-dated.

But as far as all of the things you mentioned about 2k, and unable to do. :shrug: I can do all of that, but I play the PC version, so there are naturally a ton more options.

I posted before why I think 2K is failing big-time, and it wont be long until someone else comes out on top. There is next to no competition for NBA games, which sucks. The series are becoming more like Madden every year(bugs bugs bugs bugs galore.)

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Live 2003 was the last good Live. And even 2003 wasn't like amazing or anything, like 2k10 was, in fair assertions, pretty amazing for a NBA game. Live 99 was really the best of the whole Live series, but for obvious reasons, the graphics are really out-dated.

But as far as all of the things you mentioned about 2k, and unable to do. :shrug: I can do all of that, but I play the PC version, so there are naturally a ton more options.

I posted before why I think 2K is failing big-time, and it wont be long until someone else comes out on top. There is next to no competition for NBA games, which sucks. The series are becoming more like Madden every year(bugs bugs bugs bugs galore.)
I think 2k got as good as it did because it had to beat out Live. Now that it has succeeded, there's no reason for it to improve, just as you said. Hopefully EA can come back and give 2k something to strive to beat again.

ChiSouthSideBrad721

Captain Kirk!
Liked Posts:
I play my player and association mode, I love the game.. I'm on Washington in year 2 I won the 'ship... I Was traded from Portland.. (I didn;t want to hog Lillards spot..) If anyone ever wants to play on PS3 let me know... ps3 name is seeparadox_721

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I play my player and association mode, I love the game.. I'm on Washington in year 2 I won the 'ship... I Was traded from Portland.. (I didn;t want to hog Lillards spot..) If anyone ever wants to play on PS3 let me know... ps3 name is seeparadox_721
Me and a couple other guys on the board have played a few times. Our schedules hardly ever align though lol.

bbaker

Liked Posts:
Some trades that have occurred in MyPlayer mode. (I got traded from Houston to Portland after demanding a trade) Anyways, here are the trades that have happened thru 2013 AS Break.

Clippers trade: Matt Barnes, Ronny Turiaf
Grizzlies trade: Darrell Arthur

BULLS trade: Kirk Hinrich
Knicks trade: 2013 1st rd pick, Steve Novak

BULLS trade: Taj Gibson
Mavs trade: Elton Brand

Knicks trade: Marcus Camby, Ray Felton
Mavs trade: Chris Kama, 2013 1st rd pick

Bobcats trade: Byron Mullens, DeSagana Diop
Knicks trade: Tyson Chandler

Raptors trade: Alan Anderson
Head trade: 2014 1st rd, Dexter Pittman

Mavs trade: Dahntay Jones
Hawks trade: 2013 1st rd pick, Johan Petro

Nuggets trade: Andre Miller, 2014 2nd rd
Nets trade: CJ Watson, Mirza Teletovic

Celtics trade: jason Terry, Brandon Bass
Sixers trade: Spencer Hawes, Jason Richardson

Warriors trade: Richard Jefferson
Sixers trade: Dorrell Wright, Kwame Brown

Celtics trade: Jeff Green, 2013 2nd rd
Bucks trade: Sam Dalembert, Mike Dunleavy

BULLS trade: Nate Robinson, Marco Bellinelli
Celtics trade: Avery Bradley, Fab Melo

Bulls are currently the 8 seed w/ a 25-25 record.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For some reason Kirk Hinrich always ends up traded in my game. I've seen him traded for Andre Miller and a 2nd round pick and Lavoy Allen and a 1st rounder. Taj always ends up being traded for Elton Brand too...either him or Vince Carter. The Celtics also seem to have a thing for trading Jeff Green all over the place. He ended up in Milwaukee for me.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
just about done with my first season with the Brooklyn Nets in my player

10 assist away from 1000...should get it next game...haven't had a game under 10 assist in a long time

averaging 12.9 a game
---

i also broke skiles record with 31 assist vs the cavs

ChiSouthSideBrad721

Captain Kirk!
Liked Posts:
On Hall of Fame I average 32.4ppg 13.2assists 4.0rpg 2.6topg 2.1spg .7bpg :derbulls:

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
just finished the reg season....just had the GOAT rookie season

All-Star
Rookie Of The Year
MVP
All-NBA First Team
All-Rookie First Team
League Leader in Points
League Leader in Assist

Finished with 3461 points, 266 Rebounds, 1030 Assist, 149 Steals, 42 Blocks, 201 Turnovers

carried the Nets to a 71-11 record

played all 82 games...man it took forever

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
looking at my splits...i beasted in february

58 points, 3.4 rebounds, 14 assist, 2.6 steals, 1 block through 12 games

bbaker

Liked Posts:
Geez. How long are your quarters everyone? I have 545pts at the AS break my rookie yr. (6 min quarters) #3 in the ROY race, behind my teammate Lillard & Anthony Davis.