1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Move Youk to 1st?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So we should stick with the guy if he does not produce?

what is your def of producing?

If its not the worst OPS in baseball from here on out and youk plays average D than we are fine.

so far in this series against the twins in 2 games 3 players have hits:
ramirez,rios, and youk. take youk out and insert esco or hudson in these 2 games and I bet we have only 2 players with hits.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
no. how can that be even possible?

PK and Dunn need to play everyday.
Did you see how well Dunn hit against Liriano? You use them as the pitching matchup suffices.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did you see how well Dunn hit against Liriano? You use them as the pitching matchup suffices.

sure but thats really the only time he has gotten his ass whooped by a lefty this year. right now he cant hit anyone so 1 game off would help. a guy with 23 homeruns isnt going to get benched. youk was added to help with the 3b spot not replace dunn

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I'm not saying bench him though. If whomever hits well against the starting pitcher. Use the best 2 and give the one the night off. I really don't see Youk as a 3rd baseman at this point. And Hudson IMO would probably want to be traded if he won't get playing time.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
What the hell? It's like I'm turning into a closet Sox fan.

And I don't even like baseball!

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not saying bench him though. If whomever hits well against the starting pitcher. Use the best 2 and give the one the night off. I really don't see Youk as a 3rd baseman at this point. And Hudson IMO would probably want to be traded if he won't get playing time.

youk plays a fine 3b. showed off a bit tonight with his in foul territory play. he will be playing 3b and at worst he is avg which is >>>>hudson at 3b. hudson knows he is a utility player and has mentioned it since the trade that he accepts his role and just wants to be on a winner. he turned down an everyday job to come to the sox.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So we should stick with the guy if he does not produce?

:obama::obama::obama::obama::obama:

Youk's played two games for the Sox. And it's very unlikely he'll be worse than the other options the Sox have. Not really sure that you realize there aren't many 3B on the trading block and basically none of them are good.

What exactly would you like the Sox to do?

Tazer4mvp

Liked Posts:
:obama::obama::obama::obama::obama:

Youk's played two games for the Sox. And it's very unlikely he'll be worse than the other options the Sox have. Not really sure that you realize there aren't many 3B on the trading block and basically none of them are good.

What exactly would you like the Sox to do?
It unlikely? You don't know yet. So like I said before I'll wait and see what he does first.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It unlikely? You don't know yet. So like I said before I'll wait and see what he does first.

It's unlikely because this is Youk's worst year yet and he's still a lot better in every stat than the third basemen before the trade happened.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I think the true test for Youk is how his back will hold up for the rest of this year.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didn't Hudson turn down starting jobs to join the Sox. I dont think he will be asking for tradez or releaze and stuffz

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didn't Hudson turn down starting jobs to join the Sox. I dont think he will be asking for tradez or releaze and stuffz

He's staying in Chicago as a utility man. Not sure how that relates to the current conversation though...

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Yep. His numbers won't be the difference. It'll be if he's actually out there on the field.
If he can put up comparable numbers and stay relatively healthy it would be a win win for the Sox.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he can put up comparable numbers and stay relatively healthy it would be a win win for the Sox.

Yep. They took the risk and if it pays off, that's a big win for the Sox.