Both Chicago Teams After Yasel Puig

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hope Sox win out over the Cubs. Would be great to have a guy like that in our system.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs love to spend money on guys who have about 95% chance of failing :cubstroll:

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs got Soler, Sox should get Puig. It's just fair. Lol

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Won't be surprised to see the Cubs make a strong push for this guy...One of Theo's plans that won't pan out was spending a shitload through the draft (which isn't possible after the new CBA) and he may plan to divert that money to foreign-born players. But at the same time, I'm not surprised to see the Sox in on this guy either.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Won't be surprised to see the Cubs make a strong push for this guy...One of Theo's plans that won't pan out was spending a shitload through the draft (which isn't possible after the new CBA) and he may plan to divert that money to foreign-born players. But at the same time, I'm not surprised to see the Sox in on this guy either.

Yeah. I think Theo will want this to happen 100%. Building from the bottom is his thing, but since the Sox have that connection with the agent I think they really have a good chance at it.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah. I think Theo will want this to happen 100%. Building from the bottom is his thing, but since the Sox have that connection with the agent I think they really have a good chance at it.

Having connections to agents matter, but he'll sign w/ whoever promises the most $$$...But I'm not going to pretend to know how Kenny and the WS handle matters such as this...they may very well be willing to pony up.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Having connections to agents matter, but he'll sign w/ whoever promises the most $$$...But I'm not going to pretend to know how Kenny and the WS handle matters such as this...they may very well be willing to pony up.

Yeah. Sox still gotta put up the money. I honestly have no idea how seriously interested that they are. If they want him, Kenny will put up the money. But he's very cautious to put up money, so he'll have to really want him.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Cubs will probably get him, but we just missed out on Cespedes to Oakland of all teams and I believe I heard we were second in Darvish bidding, losing out to Texas, so they are beatable for sure.

Sox made a good push for Soler but the Cubs were too motivated to not miss out. Will they be as motivated with Puig? My guess is not.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

especially if almora doesnt sign.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
im curious on the cubs comment made in the mlbtr comments.....besides soler who have the cubs obtained in the cuban market that was so effective and noteworthy? We had: El duque, Contreras, Alexie, Viciedo so I am a bit confused

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs will probably get him, but we just missed out on Cespedes to Oakland of all teams and I believe I heard we were second in Darvish bidding, losing out to Texas, so they are beatable for sure.

Sox made a good push for Soler but the Cubs were too motivated to not miss out. Will they be as motivated with Puig? My guess is not.

Sox didn't make that much of a push for Soler. Not much interest.

If the Sox are completely interested in Puig, they will get him. They'll be more motivated than in Soler situation because they won't have to pay as much. Didn't want part of that big ordeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.