Pick Seven Trade Deadline Game

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rick Hahn ASST GM has a podcast with Rongey on how actual teams value other teams farm systems differently than Baseball America or any other publication.

As far as what they have to give up? :dunno: Depends on the pitcher, how much or less of salary get eaten ETC. Im sure there is a deal out there when more pretenders become sellers. If we are talking Ryan Dempster who I want but I doubt comes here because of more desperate teams who have real big holes in the rotation....clev,DET etc....I dont think he nets something that the sox dont have. Im sure if KW really wanted demp he could get him. FA to be, on the DL etc.....but im sure there will be a team that will give up more to get a starter out of desperation.

so basically it all comes down to who, contract status etc etc etc. if he wants a 2 or 3 he could get one.
I think that was the interview I listened to that I mentioned in another thread. It was really interesting to hear. The point remains that the Sox don't have blue chip prospects, but they can get some things done if they get creative.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think that was the interview I listened to that I mentioned in another thread. It was really interesting to hear. The point remains that the Sox don't have blue chip prospects, but they can get some things done if they get creative.

Was he on Rongey's weekly podcast? And if so, which episode is it so I can listen?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Was he on Rongey's weekly podcast? And if so, which episode is it so I can listen?

Dewey would know what Podcast. The interview I was listening to was on the score, but he talked a lot about a variety of interesting topic including the new CBA, trades, the farm system, and some other stuff.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dewey would know what Podcast. The interview I was listening to was on the score, but he talked a lot about a variety of interesting topic including the new CBA, trades, the farm system, and some other stuff.

Would be really interesting to listen to. Hahn is the White Sox GM of the future, so it'd be cool to hear his opinion.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
may need another pen arm too at this rate.