Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
A shortened season is alot tougher in hockey though...trying to squeeze in games like the NBA did will be worse due to the physical nature of the NHL

Hopefully they learn from the NBA and dont try and clump games together and just play out whatever is left on the schedule

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
A shortened season is alot tougher in hockey though...trying to squeeze in games like the NBA did will be worse due to the physical nature of the NHL

Hopefully they learn from the NBA and dont try and clump games together and just play out whatever is left on the schedule

I think they just cut games in that scenario rather than trying to fit them all in a shorter time frame.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
thats what they need to do...

hopefully this is all mute and we play hockey on time

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they lose a whole year again then yeah it would be tough...they could survive a short lockout i'm sure

I agree and that's what I think will happen. Season won't start on time, but they will play games this season.

Neither side wants the NHL to end forever, so eventually they'll come to terms for the fate of the NHL. That's a lot of lost jobs if they let the season and probably the league end.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I'd like to believe that neither the NHLPA nor the owners are dumb enough to think that the league could survive another work stoppage.

I'd really like to.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd like to believe that neither the NHLPA nor the owners are dumb enough to think that the league could survive another work stoppage.

I'd really like to.

At some point they've got to realize that they have small fanbases compared to major sports and that they can't compete with those sports. They're lucky to have a TV deal, but most of the games with that deal are on only certain types of cable.

If they have a lockout, all the progress made since 2005 is forgotten and the league has to start over again. And doing that twice in 7 years isn't going to be easy and might not even be possible.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
God that would be sweet if the preds dont accept and just try and rebuild.

They get FOUR 1st round picks if he goes to philly......shiiiiit

Sent via Tapatalk on Droid RAZR MAXX

Dreger had that originally then posted a correction it was something like 2 1st rounders -then a 2nd and third (or whatever he wrote ... which was he revised his 4 1st rounders -downward). Based upon that - I would think Nashville might match it. But who knows how Philadelphia loaded up the contract.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Dreger had that originally then posted a correction it was something like 2 1st rounders -then a 2nd and third (or whatever he wrote ... which was he revised his 4 1st rounders -downward). Based upon that - I would think Nashville might match it. But who knows how Philadelphia loaded up the contract.

Iago mentioned that those first 4 years might scare nashville enough.

If I were nashville Id take the picks and rebuild around Rinne

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gotta feel bad for Rinne though. If they don't match it, he loses his top defensive pairing and basically gets screwed defensive-wise.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Oshie re-signed with st. Louis

Fistric re-signed in dallas

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Erixson, Anisimov, Dubinsky, and a 1st rounder for Nash

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Erixson, Anisimov, Dubinsky, and a 1st rounder for Nash

CBJ grabs Anisimov and Dubinsky...two guys who play a lot in the middle. I wonder if this means a Brassard/Umberger is available? However, I think all 4 of the guys I just mentioned play W as well, but we shall see.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Funny how everyone was trashing Howson for asking for Datsyuk and players like that. And then trashed him for asking for Seguin and Skinner. But now they're trashing him for settling for a second line winger that isn't terrible, Anisimov isn't terrible, and neither is Erixon. And they get a pick.

Howson realized what he was going to get for him and just made the move. Getting the younger guys was probably the better part of the deal for him. Just funny how hockey fans find any way they can to trash on Howson.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Funny how everyone was trashing Howson for asking for Datsyuk and players like that. And then trashed him for asking for Seguin and Skinner. But now they're trashing him for settling for a second line winger that isn't terrible, Anisimov isn't terrible, and neither is Erixon. And they get a pick.

Howson realized what he was going to get for him and just made the move. Getting the younger guys was probably the better part of the deal for him. Just funny how hockey fans find any way they can to trash on Howson.

He asked for Datsyuk? Wait, what?

Also...I think that is a pretty bad deal for Howson. He traded his best player and didn't address a major need (goalie) in doing so. The defense doesn't improve and neither does his forwards. I was definitely expecting him to get much more for Nash. There is no impact player coming back in this deal for the CBJ and there should have been when you trade a Nash.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Frolik and a 1st or 2nd round pick for brassard! :pray:

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He asked for Datsyuk? Wait, what?

Also...I think that is a pretty bad deal for Howson. He traded his best player and didn't address a major need (goalie) in doing so. The defense doesn't improve and neither does his forwards. I was definitely expecting him to get much more for Nash. There is no impact player coming back in this deal for the CBJ and there should have been when you trade a Nash.

There were rumors he asked for Zetterberg or Datsyuk at some point from Detroit.

I agree that it's not a good trade for him. But it's not as bad as people are saying. What I'm more confused about is why the only thing he was looking for was wings when trying to trade him. Just doesn't make sense.

And trading for a goalie wouldn't make sense because he already signed one. Even if it was a bad one.

Status
Not open for further replies.