2012 NHL Free Agency / Re-Signing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm sure Nashville spoke with Weber and his agent to find out exactly what the situation was. Could be that Weber just wanted to get paid and had to go through this to get it done...but that he also has no problem and enjoys staying in Nashville.

I'm thinking there is no way Nashville accepted the offer sheet without knowing if Weber would simply request a trade after the first year is up.

what?! It wouldnt hurt them in a few years if he got traded. They want to try to win now and correct some PR with losing Suter, if they lost both it could damage the bottom line. you logic is nil at best.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
what?! It wouldnt hurt them in a few years if he got traded. They want to try to win now and correct some PR with losing Suter, if they lost both it could damage the bottom line. you logic is nil at best.

My logic on what? What you said doesn't disagree with my thoughts one bit and it also doesn't highlight my thought in what you quoted one bit. I have no idea what you are talking about right now...

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My logic on what? What you said doesn't disagree with my thoughts one bit and it also doesn't highlight my thought in what you quoted one bit. I have no idea what you are talking about right now...

im sure they dont give a rats ass if he would want a trade hence not knowing if he would request a trade. those things change from season to season with players.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
im sure they dont give a rats ass if he would want a trade hence not knowing if he would request a trade. those things change from season to season with players.

They definitely care. He is a top Dman in the league and this is a small market team. They accepted the offer sheet bcuz it makes sense long term. If it is short term and they trade him, a team like the Preds is screwed bcuz of how front loaded the contract is.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401489

Flyers re-sign Voracek to a 4 year $17mil deal

Pretty scary thought that Voracek gets $4.25mil a year. Stalberg wasn't very far behind him and there is no way the Blackhawks would be able to pay Stalberg around $4mil to stay if he puts up a similar year to the one he had last year.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
$7 million is an awful lot of cash but the fact that it's only one year makes it seem like a less-awful deal for Carolina.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
uqoqivyv6gthz4za3b2y.jpeg

Bring on the Semen. Err....Semin.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
While I was sleeping did the Thrashers comeback as a franchise?

Pretty sure it was an intentional joke. Lol

Sent via Tapatalk on Droid RAZR MAXX

Status
Not open for further replies.