Phillies Put Cole Hamels On Trade Market

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
we would have to give them a lot. if people thought demp would require spects, this dude is gonna net the phils some descent specs. lets make a rotation for the fuck of it.

Sale
Peavy
Hammels
Axefuck>>>>>slot danks when he comes back
Quintana

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I can't imagine we have what it takes to get him vs other teams.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't imagine we have what it takes to get him vs other teams.

im surprised you actually want him.....i was thinking that maybe you wanted to bring back jim parque.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
No. It's the second half of the season not the first half

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
no one will pay that unless they know he can be resigned

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I doubt anyone makes it, but I also don't buy that the Phils will just take whatever to make it happen if everyone low balls them because they don't get comp.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I doubt anyone makes it, but I also don't buy that the Phils will just take whatever to make it happen if everyone low balls them because they don't get comp.

I think the likely scenario is that a desperate team with money trades for Hamels in a sign-and-trade deal, wherein they would give up three prospects and then throws a contract extension at Hamels. I doubt the Phillies keep Hamels just to snag a comp pick.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
4 to 5 current prospects. Or 4 to 5 used to be?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

i agree

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the likely scenario is that a desperate team with money trades for Hamels in a sign-and-trade deal, wherein they would give up three prospects and then throws a contract extension at Hamels. I doubt the Phillies keep Hamels just to snag a comp pick.

I don't see any scenario that Hamels isn't testing free agency. I guess I see Philly being swayed by the fanbase to only give up Hamels for a kings ransom. If they don't get it they take their shot at keeping him when he hits the open market. Not sure how it works with offering the qualifying offer, if that precludes them from working on a long term extension or not.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see any scenario that Hamels isn't testing free agency. I guess I see Philly being swayed by the fanbase to only give up Hamels for a kings ransom. If they don't get it they take their shot at keeping him when he hits the open market. Not sure how it works with offering the qualifying offer, if that precludes them from working on a long term extension or not.

I think they have to offer at least the qualifying offer, so if they have an offer entered into the system and Hamels refuses they still get the comp pick.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sox don't even have 4 or 5 good prospects that the Phillies might want.

But the Phillies can't really believe that they'll get that much. Nobody is going to give up that much for a 3 month rental guy.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:

But the Phillies can't really believe that they'll get that much. Nobody is going to give up that much for a 3 month rental guy.

This early in the season it's all about posturing. I'm sure once the deadline rolls around someone's going to pay, but the Phillies have little to lose from shooting the moon right now.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think they have to offer at least the qualifying offer, so if they have an offer entered into the system and Hamels refuses they still get the comp pick.
That was my understanding, and that is why I can envision the scenario playing out where they hold out for far more than the market will give. If no one caves, then they use their exclusive negotiating window to try their best to get a head start on resigning him. Offer the qualifying offer and take their shot at retaining him.

I can say one thing.

He aint coming here.
For once we are in agreement.

I agree that no one is going to give up that much, but Hamels is the best pitcher possibly available. He is going to command a haul for the Phillies to trade him. Again I am really anxious for some dominoes to start to fall so we can finally start seeing how the market is actually going to play out with all of the new factors.