Phillies Put Cole Hamels On Trade Market

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the Rangers will get hamels and someone like the Indians will get Greinke.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or the Yankees. They desperately need pitching.

True. I could see either of those teams getting him or nobody getting him. Price is high and Greinke is cheaper and more affordable for most teams. I think the competition for Greinke will be more intense and exciting than for Hamels.

Unless, of course, the Phillies realize they aimed to high and lower it a little bit. A few more teams might be in it then.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
2 things

1: CHW have no chance of landing him
2: PHI wont get 4-5 top prospects cause he be a 2 month rental. Rosenthal said today that Garza is worth more on the market then Hamels and Greinke cause a team could get comp next year for Garza

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
2 things

2: PHI wont get 4-5 top prospects cause he be a 2 month rental. Rosenthal said today that Garza is worth more on the market then Hamels and Greinke cause a team could get comp next year for Garza

ummm.duh? garza isnt a FA to be.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
This year's numbers aside, I would have thought Lee would have been the guy on the market so they could retain Hamels.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
This year's numbers aside, I would have thought Lee would have been the guy on the market so they could retain Hamels.

I think Halladay and Lee are signed to long-term deals so they probably want to keep those two. Amaro has said that he wants to retain Hamels.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
2 things

Both of these statements are completely obvious.

1: Almost all Sox fans know that they have no chance of getting him. So thanks for the update Cubbie.
2: Duhhh. Any team wants a guy they can have for more than two months compared to the guy they can have for only two months. Especially if they come at the same price. Garza isn't better than Hamels or Greinke, but he's worth more.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wrote a post to basically "try out" for a SBNation baseball blog about how the Rangers have to go after Hamels. Don't have a link, but basically the Rangers need to go and get him. That's what will make them a contender for the World Series even more so than they already are.