Who Was That Doctor?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I heard an interview a couple of years ago or so on the radio. This doctor believed in high pitch counts to build up strength, I can find the link that thread....anyone know who I am talking about?

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I heard an interview a couple of years ago or so on the radio. This doctor believed in high pitch counts to build up strength, I can find the link that thread....anyone know who I am talking about?

Wish I did, but no.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i want to know so I can read his site again

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
It makes some sense given that baseball used to be a four man rotation

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wish I knew because I'd be a big fan of what he has to say. I've never been a fan of limiting pitch counts. It all depends on the pitcher and their mechanics and how their muscles handle it or whatever.

I'm no expert on sports nutrition or anything, but I just don't think that limiting innings is the way to go for every young pitcher out there.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
His theories on pitching are interesting to say the least. The article about his "ban" from baseball is pretty interesting a couple years back.

It is far from an open and shut thing, and agree that there isn't a magic number. But to pretend like there are no issues with a guy going from throwing 136 innings at any point in his career to 200+ innings is silly.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
His theories on pitching are interesting to say the least. The article about his "ban" from baseball is pretty interesting a couple years back.

It is far from an open and shut thing, and agree that there isn't a magic number. But to pretend like there are no issues with a guy going from throwing 136 innings at any point in his career to 200+ innings is silly.

There might be issues. Like I said, I think it depends on the pitcher. Some guys can handle that kind of change and their arm deals with it. Some guys can't. I think a lot depends on how the pitcher throws and the way his arm feels.

If a guy goes from 136 to 200+ but feels no soreness towards the second half of the season, I don't think there will be anything to worry about.